Green and White Scrimmage

Ranick10

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think a full recap is necessary, so here's some valuable bullet points:

1. There's a lot of depth on the DL. Pouha was out, and the DL still dominated the interior OL with ease. McKnight squeezed through LG once for a gain of ~10 (then fumbled), and that was the lone highlight for the ground and pound.

2. If Mangold gets injured at any point, the season is over.

3. Coples looked tentative in his snaps, as if he was trying to figure out what angle he was supposed to take. By contrast, Devito flashed in his time on the field, showing a lot of strength and hustle, particularly when he lined up at DT. When Coples tried rushing the passer, he was nothing special. Probably needs to add 15 pounds of muscle if he's going to try to power-rush NFL OL. Definitely didn't seem to have a John Abraham-type burst to the outside. Poor scheme fit for the 3-4?

4. Stephen Hill looked lost. The passing game was brutal throughout, and Holmes was the only WR who seemed to know how to get open. Sanchez double-clutched on nearly every snap where Holmes or Keller weren't his primary read.

5. Sanchez is robotic, and consistently freaked when his plays broke down, whereas Tebow showed some life keeping plays alive with his feet. If the OL is a problem early on, there is no question that Tebow gives the Jets the best chance to win. I can't stress enough how painful the intermediate-to-long passing game was tonight. The drive Rex will be telling you about (Sanchez's TD) never happens in a real game. The defense was playing off the receivers and Sanchez would have been sacked a minimum of three times on the drive, er, "drive." Every pass but one traveled <8 yards.

6. On a positive note, Tebow throws a pretty accurate long ball. Both of his bombs were on the money, with one dropped and one broken up on a nice play by the DB.

7. Impossible to get a read on the safeties because the offense was so bad.

8. Maybin still looks quick to the outside, but was easily neutralized when he tried rushing inside. Still lacks the old lead in the pants.

9. Kenrick Ellis looked awesome.

I'm good.

Archived