Training Camp Practice Notes - Mon 8/6/12

Maxman

im sure this will go over as well as a fart in church but Revis is not really fast by cornerback standards. He ran a 4.5 ish a Pitt Pro Day. over the years that became a 4.38 but really he's not Deion Sanders. Revis is an amazing player (and probably the best Jets player since Willy) but he can be beat deep.

He may not be as fast as Deion, but he's a better corner IMHO. Deion was fast and had great hands, meaning he was always a threat to intercept any ball thrown his way and take it for 6...

With Revis, its like it mine as well be 10 v 10 out there, cause his guy hardly ever gets any separation.

I will again defend Eric Smith as decent. Not amazing, but decent. He was playing with a torn knee last year and his true abilities can be better seen in older film (like when he hit Welker so hard the flying elvis came off)

Note that Brodney Pool just got waived by the Cowboys and Jim Leonard is in Denver. Eric Smith will contribute again to this football team.

Smith has always been a hard hitting safety. Problem is he's never been big enough to cover good TE's, and was never fast or quick enough to cover RB's or range in a deep zone.

I think he's perfect in short yardage and goal line situations, and against run-heavy opponents who struggle in the passing game. He is and always has been a complete liability when going up against teams like the Pats the past couple years or the Colts when Manning was healthy.

Archived