• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most points = best GM

Win title = best schedule

i win

Disagree.

Win title = best lineup manager.

My team scored a sh*t-ton of points too. It's irrelevant in a head-to-head league. If you want a prize for most points STFU and play rotisserie you faggot

Disagree.

Win title = best lineup manager.

My team scored a sh*t-ton of points too. It's irrelevant in a head-to-head league. If you want a prize for most points STFU and play rotisserie you faggot

yes, it was your expert GM'ing that caused my RB, QB and WR to get hurt in the playoffs. My team racked up 100 more points then your's, it was no contest

yes, it was your expert GM'ing that caused my RB, QB and WR to get hurt in the playoffs. My team racked up 100 more points then your's, it was no contest

You sound sorta like you are trying to spin the outcome into a personal victory, when in fact you didn't win.

Sounds familiar.... ape-ishly familiar.

You sound sorta like you are trying to spin the outcome into a personal victory, when in fact you didn't win.

Sounds familiar.... ape-ishly familiar.

anyone who is even a little serious about FF knows total points is the true measure, sorry your a noob and can't grasp it

oh shut it already, both of you

He can't not respond, its funny. If only more people did this work, imagine all how much time he'd spend arguing w/people online if a few more of you people would troll him.

I paid my share but its kind of disturbing others did not and you guys got stiffed.

However when it comes to FF free leagues suck ass no one gives a damn and half the participants dont even show up if they go in the tank early. if any of you guys have a spot open in one of your leagues please send me a PM or if any of you want to get a real league going Im down for that as well

Still would like to find a place to play...Yahoo sucked but could agree to go back if we didn't have the arcane waiver rules that needed manual adjustment...just pick one the existing formats and keep it simple...don't want the two defense or multiple QBs either FTR...

I'll ditto what Smash stated...if you have an opening in a competitive league (standard, auction, dynasty)...cash or no cash...let me know.

Also, last point...with the amount of trash talk and football knowledge on this site...why the hell are we not serious about starting a dynasty league? Most of us in the mafia circles/plus the football side are on this site 300+ days a year.

He can't not respond, its funny. If only more people did this work, imagine all how much time he'd spend arguing w/people online if a few more of you people would troll him.

Serious response? I win.

I only do this with you dude. It's my version of public service. I figure if I play along with your flirting it minimizing the likelihood of you going on a killing spree.

Neither of you really troll me bro, you are both largely transparent. I just play along. As both of you do at times, when others get on a riff trolling you.

You both know how it works.

I troll him plenty :tongue:

You should be. I've never welshed on a bet in my life...but there's no way I was giving any money to a league ran that poorly.

this is where JiF tries to hide being a dead beat behind the "poorly run league" defense.

Blah, blah, blah. Some of us managed to do just fine regardless.

Is their fantasy football for lingerie football?

Any of you up for it again?

I would do it but prob not for cash.

This. And not Yahoo.

Are we doing this or not?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm not sure where are "compare teams" thread went, but I'm in the middle of a fantasy draft right now in a 12-team league, standard scoring. It's not my 10-team money league (drafts Sunday) but its my first draft this season. Here's my team:

QB Matthew Stafford (11th overall)

RB Jamaal Charles (14th)

WR Brandon Marshall (35th)

WR Julio Jones (39th)

WR Percy Harvin (59th)

QB Robert Griffin III (62nd)

RB Peyton Hillis (83rd)

RB Cedric Benson (86th)

WR Titus Young (107th)

RB Ryan Williams, AZ (110th)

RB Rashad Jennings, JAX (131st)

RB Taiwan Jones, OAK (134th)

TE Greg Olsen, CAR (155th)

TE Martellus Bennett, NYG (158th)

D/ST Packers (179th)

K Greg Zuerlein, STL (182nd)

Definitely neglected RB for a while. WR's kept falling to me that I loved, and even though WR is deep, I just couldn't pass them up. Weird that I ended up with both KC RB's. Hopefully one of my late guys pop; I like Williams more than I do Beanie in AZ, and 2nd-year back Taiwan Jones appears to be McFadden's handcuff ahead of Mike Goodson.

Also, I decided once I failed to land an elite TE that I could wait a long while and then draft them back-to-back. Reasonably happy there.

Thoughts?

So I'm not sure where are "compare teams" thread went, but I'm in the middle of a fantasy draft right now in a 12-team league, standard scoring. It's not my 10-team money league (drafts Sunday) but its my first draft this season. Here's my team:

QB Matthew Stafford (11th overall)

RB Jamaal Charles (14th)

WR Brandon Marshall (35th)

WR Julio Jones (39th)

WR Percy Harvin (59th)

QB Robert Griffin III (62nd)

RB Peyton Hillis (83rd)

RB Cedric Benson (86th)

WR Titus Young (107th)

RB Ryan Williams, AZ (110th)

RB Rashad Jennings, JAX (131st)

RB Taiwan Jones, OAK (134th)

TE Greg Olsen, CAR (155th)

TE Martellus Bennett, NYG (158th)

D/ST Packers (179th)

K Greg Zuerlein, STL (182nd)

Definitely neglected RB for a while. WR's kept falling to me that I loved, and even though WR is deep, I just couldn't pass them up. Weird that I ended up with both KC RB's. Hopefully one of my late guys pop; I like Williams more than I do Beanie in AZ, and 2nd-year back Taiwan Jones appears to be McFadden's handcuff ahead of Mike Goodson.

Also, I decided once I failed to land an elite TE that I could wait a long while and then draft them back-to-back. Reasonably happy there.

Thoughts?

Yeah, wtf? That thread just like disappeared... where'd it go? Figures a thread where we are bashing Pac and it vanishes.

Also, really, really like this team you drafted. Especially the late-rounders.

Yeah, wtf? That thread just like disappeared... where'd it go? Figures a thread where we are bashing Pac and it vanishes.

It's weird, because another thread on fantasy football that was created in the lounge also disappeared. And its not like they moved to the Fantasy Football forum. They just....poof, vanished.

Also, really, really like this team you drafted. Especially the late-rounders.

Yeah, the league I'm in has a lot of dumb people. Yes, a lot of players got auto-drafted, but there were also these head-scratchers:

Tony Romo - 20th (I had him valued as a 6th-rounder with all of Dallas' injury concerns; even Romo at his best can't be valued this high)

Frank Gore - 24th (forgivable since a fantasy football 1st-timer made this pick)

Aaron Hernandez - 29th

Jonathan Stewart - 54th

Stevan Ridley - 63rd (don't care how he looked in camp/preseason, Belichick is always RBBC)

Roy Helu - 70th (Shanahan = RBBC as well)

Ravens D - 77th (Our first-timer took Niners D at 73, but this guy should have known better)

There were others but these seemed to me to be the most egregious errors in judgment. Its a good thing for these people this isn't a money league.

Yeah, the league I'm in has a lot of dumb people. Yes, a lot of players got auto-drafted, but there were also these head-scratchers:

Tony Romo - 20th (I had him valued as a 6th-rounder with all of Dallas' injury concerns; even Romo at his best can't be valued this high)

Frank Gore - 24th (forgivable since a fantasy football 1st-timer made this pick)

Aaron Hernandez - 29th

Jonathan Stewart - 54th

Stevan Ridley - 63rd (don't care how he looked in camp/preseason, Belichick is always RBBC)

Roy Helu - 70th (Shanahan = RBBC as well)

Ravens D - 77th (Our first-timer took Niners D at 73, but this guy should have known better)

There were others but these seemed to me to be the most egregious errors in judgment. Its a good thing for these people this isn't a money league.

Yeah, there are certainly some strange picks in there and I feel like this year seems to be worse than ever with those. I think part of the problem is the RB situation has never been thinner, and it's completely ****ing with people's heads, because these days every top RB is off the board before round 2 is over. Considering where I see Romo going in a lot of these other drafts people have posted, it only makes me happier with where I snagged him in my first draft (and even then, I turned around and grabbed Ben in the next round).

As far as your draft, I definitely like your team but there's no doubt you need somebody to hit for you at RB. The good side of that though is you have a lot of talent at WR, so you can easily play one of them in your swing spot, especially early in the year before you find out what some of those RBs have to offer.

It's weird, because another thread on fantasy football that was created in the lounge also disappeared. And its not like they moved to the Fantasy Football forum. They just....poof, vanished.

Yeah, it's definitely weird. I just went into my notifications and tracked down one of the replies from that thread in order to dig it up and this is what I got back:

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/106534-mafia-fantasy-experts-unite/page__view__findpost__p__2109123

So it looks like they killed the thread. Only thing I can think is Max might be covering his ass given some of the gambling-related talk going on there.

The good side of that though is you have a lot of talent at WR, so you can easily play one of them in your swing spot, especially early in the year before you find out what some of those RBs have to offer.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be starting Percy Harvin in my flex spot week 1 and going from there. Titus Young will probably work his way into my lineup eventually if he starts to match the hype he's been getting in camp.

My money league will only have 10 teams so I shouldn't have the same issues at RB. However, I'll still be bumping up several of the RB's I'm targetting in my rankings so I end up with at least 2 studs at the position.

So the money league I'm in has what I consider a pointless wrinkle: Yardage bonuses. They are:

+ 4 pts for 400+ yards passing

+ 3 pts for 100+ yards rushing

+ 2 additional pts for 200+ yards rushing

+ 3 pts 100+ receiving

+ 2 additional pts for 200+ receiving

As such, I've bumped up "explosive" players in my rankings, such as Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, etc. Is there anyone else I need to move up accordingly that you all can think of? Draft is tomorrow.

OK, here's who I ended up with:

RB Chris Johnson (1st round, # 7 overall)

RB Matt Forte (2nd, # 14)

TE Jimmy Graham (3rd, # 27)

RB Fred Jackson (4th, # 34)

QB Peyton Manning (5th, # 47)

WR Percy Harvin (6th, # 54)

WR Torrey Smith (7th, # 67)

WR Demaryius Thomas (8th, # 74)

QB Robert Griffin III (9th, # 87)

RB Mark Ingram (10th, # 94)

WR Titus Young, DET (11th, # 107)

RB Rashad Jennings, JAX (12th, # 114)

RB Taiwan Jones, OAK (13th, # 127)

WR Randall Cobb, GB (14th, # 134)

D/ST Jets (15th, # 147)

K Dan Bailey, DAL (16th, # 154)

Unlike my previous "warm-up" draft (this is my money league), I didn't mess around at RB. I wanted to "corner" the market early so I didn't have to wait later, and snagged 3 in my first 4 picks, with relatively "safe" Jimmy Graham sandwiched in. I was very happy to land Peyton in the 5th.

I was OK with the WR's I ended up with as well. Nothing too special but they'll collectively get the job done. If Titus Young pops like I expect him to he'll easily find his way into my starting lineup.

I couldn't pass up on Ingram's value in the 10th round, and with Jennings and Jones I have sufficient RB depth in case of injuries. This league had no other Jets fans so I landed Jets D in the 15th.

This weekend's haul for me. Big money, keeper league.

Keeper rules are:

- anyone taken between R13 - R17 can be kept 1 year as a 12th rounder, and a 2nd year as a 7th rounder

- anyone taken between R8 - R11, or kept in R12 the year before, can be kept for 1 year as a 7th rounder

Starting lineup is:

QB

QB/RB/WR/TE

RB

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR

TE

K

DST

I had the 6th pick overall. I had Gronk as my 12th round keeper, and had to choose between Ridley and Ben Tate as my 7th round keeper. I kept Ridley.

Scoring is "plateau-based" meaning RB/WR/TE have to hit 50 yards and 5 catches before they begin accumulating points, similar for QBs. Works out like a PPR, but you can get goose eggs if you get 4 for 49 from a WR or something like that. There are NO negative points, so it reshuffles the QB rankings significantly.

My draft:

Calvin Johnson

Marshawn Lynch

Doug Martin

Percy Harvin

Cutler (at this point there were 14 QBs gone, and Cutler was clearly the best left on the board)

Ben Tate (keeping him from being taken in the 8th round, and ensuring I have the top RB if FFB if Foster gets hurt)

Ridley (keeper)

Ryan Williams*

Titus Young*

Jacquiz Rodgers*

Denarius Moore*

Gronk*

Robert Turbin** (handcuff)

Matt Cassel**

Evan Royster**

Seahawks

Garrett Hartley

* eligible next year as a 1 year keeper in 7th round

** eligible next year as a 2 year keeper in 12th round

I expect Turbin to be a great handcuff this year, and someone I want to hang onto for the next 2 years at good value when he replaces Marshawn. Turbin is this years Ben Tate in my opinion.

With my 7th rounders, I'll be able to choose between a LOT of high-upside talent for my 7th round keeper. More importantly I drafted guys that will help me win this year with those picks as well.

Lineup for week 1:

QB - Cutler

QB/RB/WR/TE - Titus Young (I think he blows up week 1 with STL putting all defenders on CJ)

RB - Lynch

RB - Martin

RB/WR - Ridley

WR - Megatron

WR - Harvin

TE - Gronk

K - Hartley

DST - Seahawks

I have only missed the playoffs twice in 10 years in this league. 3 championship wins, 6 championship appearances, 8 playoff trips. As soon as someone like Royster or Williams blows up, they get traded for a better #2 QB.

Wow, those are some very interesting rules. Frankly, I'd need to look into it way more before I could even pretend to be able to evaluate the draft properly, although it certainly seems pretty good at first glance, with QB certainly being the biggest question (although Cutler is the kind of guy who can really be helped by the lack of negative points).

Wow, those are some very interesting rules. Frankly, I'd need to look into it way more before I could even pretend to be able to evaluate the draft properly, although it certainly seems pretty good at first glance, with QB certainly being the biggest question (although Cutler is the kind of guy who can really be helped by the lack of negative points).

Yeah, very custom league. Keeper rules are cool, it rewards those of us that do our homework, but doesn't let you keep players forever, so it recirculates them after 1-2 years.

For me, this is where I typically create my advantage at the draft. I've drafted 1st - 3rd round caliber keepers before they blow up to that value consistently over the years, giving me guys like Priest Holmes, Michael Turner, Miles Austin, Gronk, Ray Rice, to name a few, each year in the 7th and 12th rounds. Additionally I actually have a formula to re-rank the QBs based on no negative points, completions, yardage, etc. that assures me that I don't have to jump on QBs early despite being able to start 2.

Last year I drafted Ben and Cutler. Lost Cutler and made the playoffs with Ben and Matt Moore. Lost the championship by a few points, on a fluke.

Yeah, very custom league. Keeper rules are cool, it rewards those of us that do our homework, but doesn't let you keep players forever, so it recirculates them after 1-2 years.

For me, this is where I typically create my advantage at the draft. I've drafted 1st - 3rd round caliber keepers before they blow up to that value consistently over the years, giving me guys like Priest Holmes, Michael Turner, Miles Austin, Gronk, Ray Rice, to name a few, each year in the 7th and 12th rounds. Additionally I actually have a formula to re-rank the QBs based on no negative points, completions, yardage, etc. that assures me that I don't have to jump on QBs early despite being able to start 2.

Last year I drafted Ben and Cutler. Lost Cutler and made the playoffs with Ben and Matt Moore. Lost the championship by a few points, on a fluke.

Yeah, I like keeper rules like that. That's what sucks about my keeper league, the top players are locked up forever while giving very little reward for good past drafting unless the guy you get ends up being one of the leagues best. Reason being is there's no limit on how long you can keep somebody, plus it's one keeper that, regardless of anything else, costs you a first round pick. A guy like Rice I had nabbed late many years ago but at the time, it made absolutely no sense to keep him over MJD for the cost of a first. I would've loved to keep Cam Newton from last year, but he simply wasn't worth the pick. Basically, if your prior year's roster doesn't really hold up and you want a shot at a top player, you have to hope another team ends up with two of those players so that they can't keep one of them (and that you have a high enough pick to get that player).

Archived