mafia fantasy football

StraightCash

Since I see at the very least 80 is enjoying this, I figure I'll expand on this further for all of your pleasure. While obviously things could change based on tonight's scoring, it looks pretty set that my after this week I will be first and third in scoring in my two leagues, with records of 3-3 and 2-4 respectively. I can't help but just laugh at the ridiculousness of that.

Yeah well I benched RGIII in favor of Peyton in my money league and will probably lose. So I'm miserable too.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing, I think the referees may have now even found ways to piss me off in fantasy football. Last night there were two bogus penalties against the Texans that led to Rodgers TD passes and now that garbage offensive PI call against the Colts erases a huge pass off the board and furthermore, what very well could have been another Manning TD pass. Given the time and score, it looks like after quite the rally, I'm going to fall just short of pulling this one off. Son of a bitch.

And there's a pick 6, which gives me no Manning points and ensure I just lost this game.

MOTHER ****ING COCK SUCKING DICK LOVING ASS ****ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only league I am in is a 10-team league with HS friends. The skill level varies a lot. I will be 5-2 after this week. My losses came in Week 1 (an expected loss given my draft) and Week 7 (faced the high scorer this week and probably the best team despite him only being 3-3 coming into the week). It's an auction-style draft with keepers. Prices for keepers go up a small amount each year (not enough imo). We also instituted a rule that you can only keep 1 RB. We also have a somewhat non-standard scoring system that favors QBs a lot by boosting passing TD value. RB is still the most important position due to scarcity, though. Starting lineups are 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Keepers from last year:

Drew Brees ($36)

Ryan Mathews ($18)

A. J. Green ($10)

Drafted:

Beanie Wells ($12)

Brandon Lloyd ($24)

DeSean Jackson ($24)

Vernon Davis ($4)

Stephen Gostkowski ($1)

NYG D/ST ($1)

Peyton Manning ($15)

Philip RIvers ($21)

Jonathan Stewart ($15)

DeAngelo Williams ($7)

C. J. Spiller ($6)

Lance Moore ($3)

David Nelson ($3)

Moves since draft:

Dropped David Nelson, added Emmanuel Sanders

Dropped Emmanuel Sanders, added Brian Hartline

Dropped NYG, Added Arizona

Dropped Beanie Wells, added Tashard Choice

Dropped Tashard Choice, added Shaun Draughn

Dropped Shaun Draughn, added Jackie Battle

Dropped Jackie Battle, added Alex Green

I haven't made any trades yet because my main potential partners don't check their rosters often, and are pretty reluctant to trade, and I don't feel like bugging the sh*t out of them just to get a fantasy trade done. I should get on that but FF is a pretty low priority in my life right now.

So my current Roster is:

QB:

Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

Philip Rivers

RB:

Ryan Mathews

C. J. Spiller

Alex Green

DeAngelo Williams

Jonathan Stewart

WR:

A. J. Green

DeSean Jackson

Brandon Lloyd

Lance Moore

Brian Hartline

TE:

Vernon Davis

K:

Stephen Gostkowski

D/ST:

Arizona

Only league I am in is a 10-team league with HS friends. The skill level varies a lot. I will be 5-2 after this week. My losses came in Week 1 (an expected loss given my draft) and Week 7 (faced the high scorer this week and probably the best team despite him only being 3-3 coming into the week). It's an auction-style draft with keepers. Prices for keepers go up a small amount each year (not enough imo). We also instituted a rule that you can only keep 1 RB. We also have a somewhat non-standard scoring system that favors QBs a lot by boosting passing TD value. RB is still the most important position due to scarcity, though. Starting lineups are 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Keepers from last year:

Drew Brees ($36)

Ryan Mathews ($18)

A. J. Green ($10)

Drafted:

Beanie Wells ($12)

Brandon Lloyd ($24)

DeSean Jackson ($24)

Vernon Davis ($4)

Stephen Gostkowski ($1)

NYG D/ST ($1)

Peyton Manning ($15)

Philip RIvers ($21)

Jonathan Stewart ($15)

DeAngelo Williams ($7)

C. J. Spiller ($6)

Lance Moore ($3)

David Nelson ($3)

Moves since draft:

Dropped David Nelson, added Emmanuel Sanders

Dropped Emmanuel Sanders, added Brian Hartline

Dropped NYG, Added Arizona

Dropped Beanie Wells, added Tashard Choice

Dropped Tashard Choice, added Shaun Draughn

Dropped Shaun Draughn, added Jackie Battle

Dropped Jackie Battle, added Alex Green

I haven't made any trades yet because my main potential partners don't check their rosters often, and are pretty reluctant to trade, and I don't feel like bugging the sh*t out of them just to get a fantasy trade done. I should get on that but FF is a pretty low priority in my life right now.

So my current Roster is:

QB:

Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

Philip Rivers

RB:

Ryan Mathews

C. J. Spiller

Alex Green

DeAngelo Williams

Jonathan Stewart

WR:

A. J. Green

DeSean Jackson

Brandon Lloyd

Lance Moore

Brian Hartline

TE:

Vernon Davis

K:

Stephen Gostkowski

D/ST:

Arizona

Damn dude. Pretty sweet.

Thanks. I've got a tough schedule coming up though. Things might be headed in a bad direction but we'll see. Gonna try to trade Manning for RB help.

Sounds like this might work for you since you seem to have cornered the market on QB's. In my case I have both RG3 and Peyton in a 10-team league but have been unsuccessful at enticing trade value out of either. I'll just be playing the matchups with both for the rest of the season, I suppose.

Time to fill you all in on the next chapter of my now admittedly laughable fantasy season. In the league in which I am 3-3 despite being the league's top scorer, I get myself against the league's lowest scorer this week. What happens? Oh, our buddy MJD gets knocked out of the game after two plays. Combine that with Charles being on a bye and Big Ben having his worst game of the season, and now I'm suddenly on the verge of losing to this joke of a team I'm facing. The only reason I stand a chance is I've got Chicago's D going tonight, who has been putting up ridiculous points this year (quite possibly my greatest draft pick), but it's still not looking good.

The only good thing is I secured a win in my other league thanks to playing the Pats D.

Time to fill you all in on the next chapter of my now admittedly laughable fantasy season. In the league in which I am 3-3 despite being the league's top scorer, I get myself against the league's lowest scorer this week. What happens? Oh, our buddy MJD gets knocked out of the game after two plays. Combine that with Charles being on a bye and Big Ben having his worst game of the season, and now I'm suddenly on the verge of losing to this joke of a team I'm facing. The only reason I stand a chance is I've got Chicago's D going tonight, who has been putting up ridiculous points this year (quite possibly my greatest draft pick), but it's still not looking good.

The only good thing is I secured a win in my other league thanks to playing the Pats D.

I guess I severely underestimated the Bears' D, huh? Holy crap. Sure they gave up that late TD, but it was too damn late to make a difference. They still scored some decent points while even more importantly, holding Calvin Johnson (who my opponent had) to next to nothing.

Well I'm rather happy I didn't end up dealing away any of my RBs for those completely crappy offers I was getting earlier in the season. I've managed to naturally fill out my WR position decently enough (Roddy White / Lance Moore / Denarius Moore / Jeremy Kerley), while my RB position would be otherwise quite problematic. MJD is going to be out for a while, I of course didn't get Jennings off of waivers, and Jackson is beyond mediocre this season (and he wasn't the one anyone wanted to trade for, so I'd be stuck starting him). Still having both Charles and Sproles is going to be huge.

• 3 weeks later...

My RB position has been cursed this year. Charles is the only one still healthy, and he's not all that healthy either considering he got knocked out of the game last week.

But on to the real reason I'm here, I'm curious to see some other people's opinions on something. While it's certainly a good problem to have, I can't decide who to start on defense this week. For starters I have what has to be, quite sadly, my top draft pick of this year in the Bears' defense, which has been absolutely lights out (their D is currently 5th in my league in average points per game). That said, they're playing a pretty good offense in the Texans, so won't be putting up the kind of numbers we've seen against the likes of the Titans. Then you have the other defense in the Steelers, which has been a lot less impressive this year, but they're playing the freakin' Chiefs. So what do you think, do you got with the hot hand or the matchup? I'm currently leaning towards the Steelers, but I keep going back and forth.

Bears D can't get points by tackling Foster and Tate..

I'd go with the Steelers.. The Chiefs are a disgrace on multiple levels.

This. When in doubt, always go with the better matchup when it comes to defense, no matter how good your starter (Bears) has been.

Thanks guys, good points and that kind of confirms my initial inclination which is good. Just was hesitant given how ridiculous the Bears D is, but you can't count on them scoring TDs every single week either. Plus I just saw that there's apparently been only one game all season where the defense going against the Chiefs didn't score double digit points in my league, and that was the Chiefs one win of the season against the Saints back in week 3 and the Saints' sh*tty D still ended up with 9 pts.

Thanks guys, good points and that kind of confirms my initial inclination which is good. Just was hesitant given how ridiculous the Bears D is, but you can't count on them scoring TDs every single week either. Plus I just saw that there's apparently been only one game all season where the defense going against the Chiefs didn't score double digit points in my league, and that was the Chiefs one win of the season against the Saints back in week 3 and the Saints' sh*tty D still ended up with 9 pts.

Yep. I preemptively picked up Bengals D in my money league in preparation for next week, when they face Kansas City. Until otherwise noted, if the team facing KC is available, gotta snag them.

Wow, some people are really pathetic. I've got one league that I've got a pretty decent amount of money on the line, and yet we've got these complete scumbags trying to pull some complete crap. Look at the trade that they just put out there:

Julio Jones

Doug Martin

Larry Fitzgerald

for

Malcolm Floyd

Jacquizz Rodgers

MJD

Can you believe that crap? I'm saying it right now, if this trade doesn't get canceled, I'm demanding my money back and quitting the league on the spot (and keep in mind, this is even despite me being in position to make the playoffs). This would be a completely dick move even in a casual league, but when money is on the line? Absolutely pathetic. Frankly, I think these two clowns should both be thrown out of the league, but I know that will never happen.

• 3 weeks later...

2 leagues and 2 playoff appearances here. No byes, but frankly under the circumstances I'm more than happy with my situation. In one league my team was absolutely destroyed by injuries yet I still managed to do decently enough and the other league I finished the regular season in third despite the fact that I think that league is an absolute sh*t show (no waivers, blatant attempts to try to cheat). The truth is under any other circumstances I would have quit that league years ago, but it's my biggest money league and I've won a nice chunk of change in it, so I figure it's worth it despite the mess, as things tend to sort themselves out a bit come playoff time.

So how's everyone's leagues going now that we're in the playoffs? In my big money league, I just put up my best performance of the season in round one of the playoffs and am moving on, while in my other league, I got the great fortune of being that guy that every league seems to get at least once every playoffs, which is being the second highest scorer in the entire league for the week and still ending up getting bumped from the playoffs, as I barely got edged out solely because of that SOB's Seahawks defense and their 43 freakin' points.

That said, if I was going to win in one and lose in the other, that was definitely the best way for it to go.

Playoffs start this week for me as well...made playoffs in 7 of 8 leagues...currently addicted to FanDuel...if you haven't tried...highly recommend it.

Lol...on Seattle's defense...had them in one league...plus on multiple plays in FD...if I had played them in the Peter King Challenge...I would have made the top 10...

BTW...anyone want a free look...try it...warning it's addictive...

http://www.fanduel.com/Peter-King-Challenge

Archived