Jets 1st Depth Chart Of 2012 Is Unveiled

JetNation

That's the rub, isn't it? The Giants surrendered considerably more pressure than we did last year, but Eli's awesome, so they won the Super Bowl. Meanwhile we're stuck with a guy who wets his pants whenver anyone's within a yard of him, so we're forced to keep the OL constantly stocked with All-Pros or face 8-8 every year.

It's what made this whole offseason so bizarre. This was a good FA class and a great draft class for linemen, (particularly in the mid rounds). We went after none of them, yet still stuck with Sanchez. You look at that depth chart and there's no reason to believe this offense has any more of a ceiling than it did last season, which means they're really hinging on Sparano being able to cut down the TO's. But how in the crap are you supposed to maintain that for 4 months when we already know what happens on this line when Mangold goes down?

Meh, base formation. We only ran 3-down about 50% the time the past few years, that's probably going to decrease starting this year. Coples really doesn't have any business being in there over DeVito in that instance anyways.

It's actually like 3:1 for 3-4 vs. 4-3 when we're in base. That's really just a matter of where Pace lines up anyway. Big thing with Coples is when we run 30 fronts out of the sub package since you can't really get away with Maybin at end except in the most blatant passing situations.

It's actually like 3:1 for 3-4 vs. 4-3 when we're in base. That's really just a matter of where Pace lines up anyway. Big thing with Coples is when we run 30 fronts out of the sub package since you can't really get away with Maybin at end except in the most blatant passing situations.

Ellis intrigues me for this season. Supposedly the dude's made some major strides this year. I thought he'd be ready to go by 2013 but he may just be good to go by mid-season.

Ellis intrigues me for this season. Supposedly the dude's made some major strides this year. I thought he'd be ready to go by 2013 but he may just be good to go by mid-season.

If you consider how late the Jets managed to pick a planet theory player with the upside of Ellis, largely because of legal questions which are now in the past and was limited to down time between mini-camp and training camp, it really was a fantastic pick. If Ellis really is ready to rock for this season, it's all that much more impressive. Just think about how long it took Pouha to become the player he is now, and Ellis is still 2 years younger than Pouha was when he came out in the draft.

After all, I have to imagine this depth chart hasn't drastically changed your view on the Slauson / Ducasse situation, has it?

as the details came out today, it was more about money than anything else. i still think Slauson is very tough but talent-wise, average.

whatever we think, Vlad is in the teams plans. as a jumbo te or Maybe at RG when Moore hangs em up.

as the details came out today, it was more about money than anything else. i still think Slauson is very tough but talent-wise, average.

whatever we think, Vlad is in the teams plans. as a jumbo te or Maybe at RG when Moore hangs em up.

The funny thing is I posted that before the announcement came out about Slauson being named starter, so I'll freely admit that didn't do much to help the point I was trying to make. My only point was I wouldn't expect a game 1 of the preseason depth chart to influence anyone's opinions on a player one way or the other, particularly since it seemed as though it was primarily built off of adding the rookies to the bottom of last year's depth chart.

Sadly probably both since we don't have a single tight end who can block anybody and the Jets don't like Brandon Moore as much as everybody else does. Vladsanity is gonna cost somebody his job. Ideally Tannenbaum but this DeGooglymooglyo character seems like a disaster looking for someplace to happen.

Archived