Hard Knocks premiers tonight at 10

SayNoToDMC

Philbin is one unimpressive guy. Watching one episode of this its pretty obvious why this guy was an assistant for close to 30 years before he got a shot to be the man.

For reals bro!!! he not tough. He talk like a fag!.. dude dont even curse!!! fish gonna suck again!!!

lets get a F'N snack FOR LIF#!!!!!!!

wht the J>E>T>S will always squich da faggy fish!

Philbin is one unimpressive guy. Watching one episode of this its pretty obvious why this guy was an assistant for close to 30 years before he got a shot to be the man.

I actually went from unimpressed to impressed. Glad to see his staff isn't letting players like Vontae get away with half assin it practice.

I actually went from unimpressed to impressed. Glad to see his staff isn't letting players like Vontae get away with half assin it practice.

Yeah, I came away with a different perception. I like how he handled Vontae, the dude they cut, the way he handled Chad, the QB situation...who knows if he can coach, but thought he handled those situations well. I also liked his strategy to have 2 teams running the same play back to back at practice. Especially when you're team sucks and you dont know who you're starting Qb is...gives you a chance to see a lot more reps from guys who might make the team.

I know it's only the first ep, but I thought it was boring. I almost fell asleep on it. Coach is boring, Chad's antics are nothing new (although I appreciated his honest self assessment of last year's performance), Ryan T's wife didnt look as good as I remember her on draft day, etc. Only thing that impressed me is the way they run back-to-back plays at practice.

Maybe when they focus on Jake Long and the O-line it'll pick up. From the previews of next week their O-line coach seems to be a character.

Bill Belichick comes to mind...

Bill Belichick had an outstanding rep as a DC and was widely known as a football nerd Xs and Os guy before he became a head coach. He also has a personality, albeit grumbly douche.

Joe Philbin had a fairly undistinguished career as an offensive assistant until he was handed Brett Favre and then Aaron Rodgers as his QB.And he literally has no personality. He's just kind of there.

Thought it was an ok episode. I didnt see any issues with the coach. Its pretty clear that they will be painting him as the polar opposite of Rex Ryan and they were taking shots at Sparano talking about how Davis and crew got away with not trying hard these last few years. Thought the way the team handled Moore was interesting. Its pretty clear they dont think much of him as a starting QB. I think they kept asking about the respect of the teammates deal because they were curious to see how the team would react if he was made 2nd string moreso than pointing that out as his biggest benefit. The way they handled cuts was also very different than other teams. Not sure if its the lack of head coaching experience, but I thought it was a real nice gesture the way they went over everything with the guy cut and had so many guys talk to him. Very different than a trainer saying "coach X" wants to see you and bring your playbook and then thats that without even seeing the head coach or GM.

They didnt focus much on the QB battle, which surprised me a little, and Garrard trying to make a comeback after a year out of the NFL. Considering they put him at the top of the depth chart you would have thought they would have done more with him. What also surprised me was that, other than Les Brown, they did little to focus on the unknowns except for the cut to begin the show. Miamis roster is so thin all of these guys have a chance and they signed a ton of UDFAs this year. Maybe they wanted to get the Ocho-fill in before he gets cut.

Not as good as the Jets or Cowboys years, but its just one episode so who knows. I thought their warroom was pretty impressive. I think I liked it even more than the Jets color coded one.

I thought he displayed the personality of a roof shingle.

This is not the guy for whom men will be inspired to battle.

Personality? Players aren't going on a date with the ****ing guy...

Bill Belichick comes to mind...

lol @ Klecko, yeah this.

Chad Johnson interrupting meeting was absolutely staged.

I hope he has a resurgence this year though, he's a good dude at the end of the day... and it would undermine the stupid "genius" label that the media jocks have dubbed Belli with.

Gotta be loving this segment about Philbin's tempo and speed, given how we've heard how much faster the OLD Dolphins coach has been for us. :jawdrop:

Sounded like Braylon wanted to come back to the Jets. Had Rex has the one guy who would be in his corner if Ireland had to get a reference. Dolphins chose not to sign him.

Ireland looked like a douche in that segment. I was waiting for him to ask Braylon if his mom was a whore.

Ireland looked like a douche in that segment. I was waiting for him to ask Braylon if his mom was a whore.

Totally agree. Ireland has no idea how to connect with a player. He's to business like and stiff. Before he could even ask Braylon how's he's doing he goes straight into the negative side of things asking if there is any off the field issues he should know about.

Archived