Does Tebow score? And do we all get excited?

BornJetsFan1983

I know I will...sh*t man I will be jumping up and down. I know the kid wont play unless sanchez gets hurt but Its got to be good for the team and I think he will.

I expect to see a good outing by sanchez as well and at least one TD.

But consider this, as I watched the broncos game today and saw what many say is the best qb in the league or at least on of them, with all his perfect throws experience etc, Manning didnt score because of those diva recievers in denver who all talked sh*t after tebow left.

I like to see tebow score and those guys to suck it. Yeah our recievers drop passes too, but i want to see our rook WR get some gametime.

anyway do you want to see tebow score, do you get excited?

I just want to see the OL hold its own.

I don't want to see any wildcatting. Or fake punts. Nothing fancy. When Tebow gets in there, it'll be with the twos against the twos. If he throws a bomb or scores on a scramble, great. I'm probably more excited to see Powell do well. This is the first preseason game with a new offense. I'm not expecting much of anything on that side of the ball.

This is why Sanchez has to worry: all Tebow is going to do in his opportunities is 1. Scramble (which is awesome to watch); 2. Throw bombs (also awesome); 3. Score TDs in short yardage.

And he gets 2 whole quarters to do it against number two's.

This is why Sanchez has to worry: all Tebow is going to do in his opportunities is 1. Scramble (which is awesome to watch); 2. Throw bombs (also awesome); 3. Score TDs in short yardage.

Tommyboy hits it on the head!

And then what? Everybody in the stands votes and the Tebow Party throws out the incumbent?

And then what? Everybody in the stands votes and the Tebow Party throws out the incumbent?

Woody Johnson is thisclose to giving out handjobs to anyone that buys a PSL right now. I keep getting emails about seats that have been marked down twice now in two years. I'm thinking if public sentiment swings heavily toward Tebow, they'd make the change if Mark isn't selling tickets, er, struggling. Hell, Rex just played along with the corporate plot to fleece Matt Slauson. He'll hop hop hop like a bunny if Woody doesn't like the echoes rattling around his luxury box and makes that call.

Woody Johnson is thisclose to giving out handjobs to anyone that buys a PSL right now. I keep getting emails about seats that have been marked down twice now in two years. I'm thinking if public sentiment swings heavily toward Tebow, they'd make the change if Mark isn't selling tickets, er, struggling. Hell, Rex just played along with the corporate plot to fleece Matt Slauson. He'll hop hop hop like a bunny if Woody doesn't like the echoes rattling around his luxury box and makes that call.

It's all about Sanchez, not Tebow. The Jets just gave Sanchez another full year -at a minimum- as the starter with his contract extension. They're going to give him every chance to succeed under Sparano. A successful Sanchez will sell a lot of tickets, too.

And while Woody would certainly like to sell out his chrome monstrosity, it's not like he's hurting for money. It's not like the Jets are suffering local blackouts or anything.

It's all about Sanchez, not Tebow. The Jets just gave Sanchez another full year -at a minimum- as the starter with his contract extension. They're going to give him every chance to succeed under Sparano. A successful Sanchez will sell a lot of tickets, too.

And while Woody would certainly like to sell out his chrome monstrosity, it's not like he's hurting for money. It's not like the Jets are suffering local blackouts or anything.

I think you might be underestimating how rabbit-eared the Jets are from the top down. Logically, what you're saying about Mark and his contract is true. Pragmatically, if the Jets fall off the back pages, I think there are enough nitwits in the organization that would sell their souls in order to get that attention back.

The Giants are going to be really good, as are the Pats. How patient will Woody be?

I think you might be underestimating how rabbit-eared the Jets are from the top down. Logically, what you're saying about Mark and his contract is true. Pragmatically, if the Jets fall off the back pages, I think there are enough nitwits in the organization that would sell their souls in order to get that attention back.

The Giants are going to be really good, as are the Pats. How patient will Woody be?

If the Jets were preparing for the possibility of having Tebow take over as the starter, they wouldn't be working him into the punting team. I believe the Jets know what they have, and don't have, in Tim Tebow.

I love your cynicism, though. Don't ever change! :)

I'd be surprised if the first team offense gets a first down at all given their lack of playmakers and a poor offensive line (which for some reason was completely ignored in the offseason). I'm sure Tebow will do just well enough against the 2nd stringers to create even more of a circus like atmosphere and make this into a full blown QB controversy.

Archived