****The OFFICIAL NY Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no panic shady-it's what you call being realistic, pragmatic, calling it as you see it, and finally not a playoff team

We'll see!

I guess I am on the younger side as a Jet fan so I understand the bitter old men on here who are sick of the same sh*t. I still have faith though that they will figure it out and be a decent team this year. I'm not ready to jump ship because of a preseason game where Sanchez threw the ball 6 times and played what? 2 drives?

We'll see!

I guess I am on the younger side as a Jet fan so I understand the bitter old men on here who are sick of the same sh*t. I still have faith though that they will figure it out and be a decent team this year. I'm not ready to jump ship because of a preseason game where Sanchez threw the ball 6 times and played what? 2 drives?

This could still be a playoff team because there are so many sucky NFL teams. But keeps coming back to a crappy QB not getting very far.

This could still be a playoff team because there are so many sucky NFL teams. But keeps coming back to a crappy QB not getting very far.

I agree, he needs to take major steps and tonight was not a great start but its Preseason Game 1. He has 3 more weeks to work it out and see if he can adjust, then probably only 4/5 more weeks to show he has taken steps by winning some games or his job is in definite danger.

Ok Isiah Trufant is really sh*tty.

Yeah Ice .... sh*tty and a midget. We need more little people at corner to compliment the little people we have at Safety. Gronk and Hdez are licking their chops. And I saw many fine examples of our LB's in coverage last night .... not one of them was within 3 strides of a caught ball. But it's preseason.

Im not sure Id call a 3 and out followed by a 70 yard drive that should have ended in a TD balls out. Bart Scott looked like he needed to lose another 15 pounds trying to cover BGE and they gave up a big TE reception again, I think with Pace on coverage and missing the tackle. I thought they should have given up a TD there too when Green dropped a ball right in his hands, but I didnt see the replay so many Revis made a play on it I missed. Either way that drive was too much memory of last years shortcomings.

You're right. I went back and watched the 1's on defense and it was shaky. The only qualifier was that Ryan seems to not end up with his LBs in man too often when the game counts, but he did last night. Maybe he wanted to try out something new?

Tom, sorry I got so mad at you over your reporting on the Green and White Scrimmage. I thought you were just being negative, but it's now obvious that every issue you brought up--especially the lack of depth on the OL--was spot on. You'd think after all these years of watching you perfectly analyze every situation with this Jets franchise, we'd just take your word for it when you write something. But, you know what they say, truth hurts. Thank you for your apt analysis, your wit, and your willingness to share your tremendous intellect with all of us. Go Jets, and go T0mShane.

Hey, no problem, man. Rock on!

You guys really took nothing positive out of last night?

Some of those Tebow runs were classic.. like the one where they had him down on 3rd & 8 and he took off well past the first down marker

Coples looks beastly... no talk of him being a bust this morning, huh?

Hill is very raw, but he will be a great #2 WR in this league

I thought DeMario Davis looked OK, and Scott looked faster than usual

Bell looks good

And as much reason as there is to worry about this offense, I'm not going to judge on this game... the Bills only scored 6 pts. too. The Pats only scored 7. Who cares?

Oh, and no major injuries!! Compared to a lot of teams, that is a good sign.

so can someone racap the 23 pages of posts for me ?

pretty much the sky is falling ?

Nooooooo Larz, don't be crazy. Here are the cliff notes:

--Sanchez and Ducasse and Slauson will develop into Pro Bowlers if the HATERS stop complaining.

--Stephen Hill is too fast to play in the preseason.

--Santonio Holmes's quiet leadership is missing from the huddle, and many players have written "#10" on their cleats in tribute.

--Reggie White's ghost currently possesses Quintin Coples and Mike Mayock is GAY.

--Tim Tebow will have a hard time making this team, but looked good in the two quarters of play that Brad Smith used to get.

You guys really took nothing positive out of last night?

Some of those Tebow runs were classic.. like the one where they had him down on 3rd & 8 and he took off well past the first down marker

Coples looks beastly... no talk of him being a bust this morning, huh?

Hill is very raw, but he will be a great #2 WR in this league

I thought DeMario Davis looked OK, and Scott looked faster than usual

Bell looks good

And as much reason as there is to worry about this offense, I'm not going to judge on this game... the Bills only scored 6 pts. too. The Pats only scored 7. Who cares?

Oh, and no major injuries!! Compared to a lot of teams, that is a good sign.

SUPER +1

YESSSSSS!

Didn't the Giants lose 31- 32 against the Jags (LMAO) come on folks!

Not to mention it's still a new system regardless of how much time Mark has had to practice it a game situation is different, this is what preseason is for especially learning a new system.

Please stop making sense. It is not welcome here from the vocal minority lol.

Nooooooo Larz, don't be crazy. Here are the cliff notes:

--Sanchez and Ducasse and Slauson will develop into Pro Bowlers if the HATERS stop complaining.

--Stephen Hill is too fast to play in the preseason.

--Santonio Holmes's quiet leadership is missing from the huddle, and many players have written "#10" on their cleats in tribute.

--Reggie White's ghost currently possesses Quintin Coples and Mike Mayock is GAY.

--Tim Tebow will have a hard time making this team, but looked good in the two quarters of play that Brad Smith used to get.

lol

I fell asleep during this one

hard to watch on any level

I do remember coples looking draftable tho, lol

Since I listed all my positives, my biggest negative is that both Tebow and McElroy looked more legit than Sanchez. Which isn't saying much, but still... pretty pathetic job by Sanchez. Looks as lost as a rookie out there. Can't seem to throw the ball past the first down marker either.

Since I listed all my positives, my biggest negative is that both Tebow and McElroy looked more legit than Sanchez. Which isn't saying much, but still... pretty pathetic job by Sanchez. Looks as lost as a rookie out there. Can't seem to throw the ball past the first down marker either.

Maybe he just didn't do his weightlifting for this week.

Just like a Bengals fan to lean on preseason games that mean nothing to make themselves feel better.

News flash pointy. I felt fine long before this game kicked off. The results did not surprise me. The Jets are tearing themselves apart. Bringing in another QB to only bring tension to an offense it can't endure. I don't know what your head office is thinking, but I personally feel they're making Mike Brown look like someone who knows football, and that is hard to do.

News flash pointy. I felt fine long before this game kicked off. The results did not surprise me. The Jets are tearing themselves apart. Bringing in another QB to only bring tension to an offense it can't endure. I don't know what your head office is thinking, but I personally feel they're making Mike Brown look like someone who knows football, and that is hard to do.

I have confidence in what product we put out on the field. Sanchez is my source of concern. We'll see once the real season starts. I firmly believe our two year run to the afc championship wasn't a fluke, and that now.. we have an even better team. Our secondary is beastly, our linebackers are bruisers, our d line is some behemoth run stoppers, and our wide receivers... fast. I am happy. No team is perfect.

This front office isn't perfect but Rex has 2 Championship games under his new and smaller belt in 3 years. The Jets will be fine.

Didn't see if they did it during the game or not, did Lewis put Clements in at safety at all?

Archived