Honestly.......

RSJ

Horrible O-Line play and no Holmes or Kerley. Offense was kept basic because they didnt want to show too much. That said our offense looked like garbage and Coples is a beast. I think I summarized this game pretty well. Oh and ST unit is crap too.

You think Holmes first quarter drops would have made a difference? Holmes doesnt play to Marks strenghth's. This was the BENGALS dude.

You think Holmes first quarter drops would have made a difference? Holmes doesnt play to Marks strenghth's. This was the BENGALS dude.

Not sure what that's supposed to mean, the Bengals have a good defense. Top 10 in the league in both points and yardage.

Not sure what that's supposed to mean, the Bengals have a good defense. Top 10 in the league in both points and yardage.

Im not making excuses for Sanchez but its hard to judge the guy off this preseason game.

Im not making excuses for Sanchez but its hard to judge the guy off this preseason game.

I can agree with that. The only problem is....he is coming off a bad year and has had MONTHS to prepare for this moment. This is the best he can show? Pennington looked better as a rookie than Sanchez looked tonight. He should be embarrassed with himself.

Where do you guys think Sanchez ranks among the All-Time Jets starting QB's?

Because besides the two playoff runs, he might be one of the worst ever.

32. Bubby Brister

31. Mark Sanchez

30. Neil O'Donnell

Mark Sanchez WILL be a very good NFL QB, but unfortunatly it will not be with the NY Jets, he does not fit what they have been trying to do on offense the last 3 years, and does not fit this year either. Sanchez will catch on somewhere in a Kubiak offense, and probably carve out a Matt Haselbach type of career, maybe even get a crack at winning the big game like Hasselbach did, but he will still need to remember how to be himself at QB instead of this weird creation the Jets have tried to change him to. Only the Jets draft a QB in the top 5, and expect him to change to what they want, not conform your whole franchise around him, whether you like it, or not that is what you have to commit to when you draft a QB that high, your whole franchise is tied to that pick for at minimum 4-5 years so you have to do everything possible to put that QB in a position to succeed, and by succeed I don't mean baby him, and win games inspite of him like 09-10, but to do everything possible to accomodate him, talent wise, and system wise, if your not ready to commit to that you should never draft a QB that high, and that is where the Jets made their mistake.

• Upvote 2

Mark Sanchez WILL be a very good NFL QB, but unfortunatly it will not be with the NY Jets, he does not fit what they have been trying to do on offense the last 3 years, and does not fit this year either. Sanchez will catch on somewhere in a Kubiak offense, and probably carve out a Matt Haselbach type of career, maybe even get a crack at winning the big game like Hasselbach did, but he will still need to remember how to be himself at QB instead of this weird creation the Jets have tried to change him to. Only the Jets draft a QB in the top 5, and expect him to change to what they want, not conform your whole franchise around him, whether you like it, or not that is what you have to commit to when you draft a QB that high, your whole franchise is tied to that pick for at minimum 4-5 years so you have to do everything possible to put that QB in a position to succeed, and by succeed I don't mean baby him, and win games inspite of him like 09-10, but to do everything possible to accomodate him, talent wise, and system wise, if your not ready to commit to that you should never draft a QB that high, and that is where the Jets made their mistake.

David Carr.

Sanchez may be pretty sh*tty, but any Jets fan who's trying to sell him as anything close to "worst ever" clearly hasn't bothered to watch a whole lot of games of their supposedly favorite team. As CTM noted, the Jets' history at the position is pretty abysmal.

Exactly. I wish I could say Sanchez is the worst QB we've ever had. Fact is, with his post-season success and the # of TD's he produced last year, he's one of the best. As I say though, nobody hates the Jets more than a Jet fan.

• Upvote 1

Sanchez is the worst.....Dude there were open WR's out there.......he held onto the ball WAY too long.......Sanchez is just awful.......

I don't love Sanchez, but don't forget that two of his top 3 WR's weren't there as well as having Austin playing RT. THat guy was a significant downgrade from Hunter which is scary. I feel like Sanchez is actually a secondary problem with the real issue being our O line and how incredibly slow our LB's are.

Nothing new at QB shown yesterday. But our 2nd round pick dropped a sure thing, not good, especially when reading about that supposed to be a issue for him.

Our 1st round on the other hand, what a BEAST!!! I will enyoy our D this season, several players looked really good. Had expected moore of Maybin though.

Edited by CM28

Sanchez is hardly the Jets' worse QB ever ... or even close. Somebody who says that has long-term memory issues or is under the age of thirty. Sanchez has been mediocre so far in his career, and his biggest "crime" is being a high draft pick who hasn't grown into the franchise QB he was expected to be. In that respect, he's a lot like the Bills' JP Losman. He's NEVER going to be Brady, Brees or Rodgers.

That said, it's hard to see how any QB would prosper with the current Jets offense. The OL has been allowed to seriously deteriorate from where it was in 2009. Aside from Holmes, the Jets have no experienced NFL caliber WRs. They also don't have particularly good RBs. Even modestly talented QBs can prosper if they have protection, targets, and support. Even great QBs struggle when they don't.

he's better then brister, o'donnel, foley, pennington, nagle, clemens, ray lucas, rick mirer.... actually a lot.. Our QB history is pretty sh*tty

Our QB history is what? Namath, O'Brien and Vinny? After that is just a landfill sundae with Sanchez being the cherry on top.

Sanchez is not even in the bottom 10 of Jets QB's. However, he still sucks. I didn't expect him to do much of anything last night, but I would have liked to have seen a single impressive play. I don't remember him doing anything even remotely impressive in that quarter. Tebow (despite the pick) and McElroy both looked better, even if they were playing backups and the backups of backups.

Sanchez is not even in the bottom 10 of Jets QB's. However, he still sucks. I didn't expect him to do much of anything last night, but I would have liked to have seen a single impressive play. I don't remember him doing anything even remotely impressive in that quarter. Tebow (despite the pick) and McElroy both looked better, even if they were playing backups and the backups of backups.

How about Sanchez picking up the first down when the pocket disintegrated on him? I think that horrible INT from Tebow negates his otherwise solid performance. This is an O that is supposed to eliminate the turnovers, and an ugly one like that is inexcusable in evaluating his performance. Ditto for McElroy who was fumbling before getting hit.