Quinton Coples Merged

TNJet

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks to me like everyone here agrees..he played very well. As far as the typical Jets fan being cynical....Haha yeah I'd say so.

Yeah, I saw that a few also liked what they saw but there always are some that have the need to find something to complain about, only the b or c team, bad motor etc. But hey, in the end there seems to be a general agreement that he did well. So maybee I was a bit to quick to judge.

Off topic. Just saw Lucks highlights, damn that kid is gooood.

And as allways, excuse any spelling or grammar errors.

Some guys just don't get it going in practice like they do on game day. Lord knows, I was one in basketball. What made me a decent baller was that I would get myself pissed off for game days. Then I would take out my anger on the opposing team. Obviously I couldn't do that in practice. Maybe Coples is the same way, who knows?

Cool. How many millions did you make in the pros? Exactly. Pop Warner don't count.

Coples supposedly is lazy... and his droopy lids don't disagree. Hopefully he gets it together and is as good as we are all hoping.

Rex made the joke about giving Coples a game jersey to wear at practice this morning, then you had Pettine making the same joke in the afternoon. Factor in sitting Coples out in minicamp, playing him til he puked (metaphorically) on Friday, the usage of Vlad and Howard to push Slauson and Hunter, and it all adds up to Rex probably spending a good amount of time with Bill Parcells this offseason. The next Parcellian move will be cutting a high-profile but entitled veteran to make an example of him.

Rex made the joke about giving Coples a game jersey to wear at practice this morning, then you had Pettine making the same joke in the afternoon. Factor in sitting Coples out in minicamp, playing him til he puked (metaphorically) on Friday, the usage of Vlad and Howard to push Slauson and Hunter, and it all adds up to Rex probably spending a good amount of time with Bill Parcells this offseason. The next Parcellian move will be cutting a high-profile but entitled veteran to make an example of him.

Mystery solved.

I think "high profiled but entitled" works for every good player on our team, save mangold and brick.

Every big man at some point in their life was called lazy, I remember it vividly that and competition were the biggest knocks on Mario Williams. Funny how once you dominate a regular season, your laziness turns into conserving energy and becomes the brilliant status quo.

Parcells used to torture Jumbo Elliot. Bo Schembechler told Parcells if he "put a boot in his ass," he'd turn into a good player. Same deal, maybe.

Cool. How many millions did you make in the pros? Exactly. Pop Warner don't count.

Coples supposedly is lazy... and his droopy lids don't disagree. Hopefully he gets it together and is as good as we are all hoping.

While I didn't make millions in the pro's...

Too busy chasing skirt in college.

I did manage to break 3 College records for basketball... just sayin'

Why? What did you do that gives you so much insight into playing anything at a level past high school?

yeah, thought so....

Your opinion is your opinion.

Stick with that, before you go calling anyone else out. Thanks.

Parcells used to torture Jumbo Elliot. Bo Schembechler told Parcells if he "put a boot in his ass," he'd turn into a good player. Same deal, maybe.

Possibly, Rex hasn't been shy about trying to psyche his players up. Some players respond extremely well to that, others not so much. Put me in the camp that doesn't care what he does during the week as long as he dominates come game day.

Why? What did you do that gives you so much insight into playing anything at a level past high school?

Yeah, dude probably hasn't even played in the minors...

Yeah, dude probably hasn't even played in the minors...

Too funny! I remember that idiotic thread... ha ha

I don't brag about my "sports" career, because it wasn't anything special at all. However, when somebody brings it up out of nowhere to demean a simple opinion, I feel the need to set the record straight. I was not anything special, but I obviously had "some" sense of playing at a level beyond the typical wannabe at the local high school.

People are all different in their make up. I choose to give Coples the benefit of the doubt, because he has done nothing yet to not deserve it.

Just my opinion, that is all....

Too funny! I remember that idiotic thread... ha ha

I don't brag about my "sports" career, because it wasn't anything special at all. However, when somebody brings it up out of nowhere to demean a simple opinion, I feel the need to set the record straight. I was not anything special, but I obviously had "some" sense of playing at a level beyond the typical wannabe at the local high school.

People are all different in their make up. I choose to give Coples the benefit of the doubt, because he has done nothing yet to not deserve it.

Just my opinion, that is all....

Your basketball career is meaningless until JiF dunks on you.

yeah, thought so....

Your opinion is your opinion.

Stick with that, before you go calling anyone else out. Thanks.

Division III?

I never made a comparison between myself and Coples and the way we practice. So it doesn't matter what I've done. You did, hence the comment. See how it works now?

Division III?

I never made a comparison between myself and Coples and the way we practice. So it doesn't matter what I've done. You did, hence the comment. See how it works now?

This line of conversation can end now.

Honestly, who cares? It was his first pre-season game, and he showed us something. If he gets tired after the 1st half of every pre-season game, and even into the first 6 games of the season, I don't care... again, he showed something. This is especially true to me given his rep. If he had the rep of being a low-end but solid producer, it wouldn't matter to me. But since he has a huge upside and the question is only that of motivation and such, this performance is encouraging.

Even Rich Cimini thought so. When Rich Cimini says something positive about a Jet, you gotta listen

Stoic I was not reacting to his play I was reacting to the comment made by the poster I qouoted. I was fine with his performance

See Bart Scott, either way if we realease Bart, or keep him he counts against the Cap, and gets paid. but if Rex, and Tanny think he has lost it, and might be a problem with reduced playing time he is your #1 canidate to use "to make an example of" not to mention he is Rex's boy so this will show NOBODY is safe.

New York Jets DE Quinton Coples, 8.12

On how it feels to play in a game…

It felt great. For the past couple weeks, our team has been battling against each other, making each other better, and the expectations of being great for each other. It was great to go out there and go against somebody else and put some stuff on film.

On whether it’s easier to rush in a game setting…

Yeah, I definitely think the game comes a lot easier. We have an all-pro offensive line so it’s definitely a challenge for me each and every day that I go out and compete against those guys (that have) multi-years in and also Pro (Bowls) as well. I think it’s a lot harder in practice and then when game time comes, things come a lot easier.

On how he’s handling playing different positions…

I expected that. The coaches had told me when they brought me in. That versatility would be one of the key things. So, I take pride in moving around, and I also stay on top of my playbook to make sure I’m in the right place at the right time to make the play.

On his expectations for the season…

Number’s wise, I don’t really have any numbers. But overall, I just want to make sure I’m a productive defensive lineman and make sure I get to the passer.

Archived