Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson: MERGED

SayNoToDMC

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could be a bargain. I guarantee he's on his best behavior if he does sign. lol A talented dude who just got a reality check that he is not exactly the HOF'er he thought he was.....given one last chance. Wouldn't be the dumbest move we've made lately. I'd be very tempted to bring him in for a look.

Lol, I doubt it as well. He would bring TOO much drama to the locker room. Why don't we look for a RT?

See I'm not so sure he would come in here as the same Ochocinco we are used to, man. First of all, getting locked up will get anyone's attention, especially when the news is national. This dude's ego has been shrunk to a pea. He would come in here like a rookie...........The question is if his skills are fully eroded. Put it this way, the guy has been getting by, going to pro bowls and sh*t, half-assing it the whole time, worried about TV shows, so he has talent. Actually, in our offense, all he has to do is block. lol

It may be worth a look, that's all I'm saying. He doesn't work, cut him.

On two other notes: 1. I can't believe he married that used up Gold-digger. 2. I can't believe he went with the head butt. Ouch. All over a used up bird. smh

it would serve no purpose the guy is not good enough to beat out the guys we have

Ahh but it would serve a purpose ... actually purposes ...

1) keeps the jets in the news

2) provides a source for scouting

a. Dolphins

b. Pats

3) Becomes that high profile player Rex can cut to make an example of

None of these purposes ends in him making the 53 man roster, but there are reasons to bring him in (though not to keep him)

Just Kidding, but It would not suprise me if it happened.

Apparently we're playing the telephone game here. If you follow the link to Florio's story, then follow the link to the original Cimini article, the title is "No Interest in Chad Johnson." Interesting that Florio chose to harp on the word "remote" inside of the article rather than the word "No" headlining the article.

This would be perfect to quench the Jets need for attention. The way I see the season playing out would be the Jets drop the next 3 preseason games looking horrible on offense and more importantly losing back page space to the Giants who are just winning games (boring right?). At this point we will be slightly Tebow'd out and in need of a drama infusion. Enter Chad: Clown meet circus, circus meet clown. This twitter twit will give them weeks of back pages until the 6-8th week. By this time with the season hanging by the thread because of our offensive offense, enter Jesus err I mean Tebow our white knight who will rapture the Jets to new heights (or lows for QB play). Our Savior will lead us to a wild card birth in which we get thumped by whoever plays us because they have something called a QB and we don't. End of story. End of season stats: Many back pages. We win.

Sign this beast! The Jets Circus is already in full swing so why not bring in another act to shock and amaze the crowd!

Your team already dominates NFL coverage on ESPN with the whole Sanchez/Tebow thing. The signing of Chad to the Jets would be over the top. Personally I liked Chad Johnson, but I think he just jumped the shark.

The New York Jets are never shy about making a controversial move.

With Chad Johnson on the market after the Miami Dolphins cut ties with him, rumors have been floating around about where the receiver will land next. According to Mike Florio of PFT, the chances of the Jets signing him are "remote."

Two years ago Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie were acquired despite character concerns belying both of them. This offseason, Tim Tebow was brought in even though many felt it would hurt the development of Mark Sanchez. However, it doesn't look as if the team is willing to bring in another big name who could alter the locker room chemistry again.

New York has an obvious need at wide receiver, but is Johnson someone can fill the void and be a good teammate? Although the idea has to be enticing to a team that enjoys the back page, the Jets seem to be standing pat.

Big difference is that Holmes and Cro were in their primes, while Chad O'Johnson is way beyond his.

Putting Mason, Plax and Holmes in the same huddle as Mark Sanchez is like throwing Justin Bieber into a prison cell with Michael Jackson, Pete Townsend and Jerry Sandusky.

This is, quite honestly, the funniest thing I've ever seen you post. Thank you for this LOL moment.

Archived