Austin Howard

GREENBEAN

Was I watching a different game last week? I thought this guy looked like a fool on more than a couple plays. I think this may just be some of that 'ol motivation technique BS that coaches pull. I would love to think he was a viable option at RT, but I just didn't see it. Maybe he'll play better this week.

Rex Cetera

Ryan touted the play of RT Austin Howard, filling in for Wayne Hunter at Cincinnati: “Anyone that can play the way he played is trying to tell you something and you have to find a way to get him out there. … He is driving and finishing. That’s what we’ve been talking about and I’m really encouraged by him.”

Ryan on his injuries: Hunter (back) returned to practice. WRs Santonio Holmes (rib) and Jeremy Kerley (hamstring) remain out. Of Kerley, the coach said, “Hopefully by the end of the week we’ll be able to see him out there on the practice field.” S Eric Smith (shoulder/knee) didn’t go and is listed as day-to-day.

He's brutal. Rex doesn't have a right tackle and he knows it. They're probably trying to force a pay cut down Hunter's throat and he's calling their bluff.

This is a good take on it IMO. I'm seriously hoping someone falls off the back of a truck for us over the next couple of weeks. It's getting scary.

He's brutal. Rex doesn't have a right tackle and he knows it. They're probably trying to force a pay cut down Hunter's throat and he's calling their bluff.

I don't go for most of your conspiracy theories, but this one I don't doubt. If they needed to squeeze Slauson's $600K, it only stands to reason that they'd come after Hunter's $2.5M.

I don't go for most of your conspiracy theories, but this one I don't doubt. If they needed to squeeze Slauson's $600K, it only stands to reason that they'd come after Hunter's $2.5M.

Isn't it ironic that we were just discussing this in the Percy thread....what's the cap guru going to do now?

This is the problem with Tannenbaum, in my opinion the buck stops with him as the GM. See, what I don't Understand is how we sign our supposed franchise QB for two more years, and then neglect to give him decent protection on the line? I'm not saying we had to pursue Eric Winston, even though he was out there(but if we really are a running team, why not?); but we could've drafted a tackle for instance, instead we decided to go all in on the defense again. Which would've been fine if we didn't have a swinging gate at right tackle. And to add insult to injury we owe that gate a lot of money and he right to fight for it. Are there any options?

We'll revisit your dissent when Tebow is named the starter by Week Six.

Haha! And then again when Sanchez is reinstated in week 8?

Sanchez will have to be much worse than he's been to date for the Jets to pull him as the starter. I stand by that.

Archived