Notice how Cano and Jeter never complained about Girardi after 2008....

Blackout

back in 08 the Yankees missed the playoffs. Girardi got a 2nd chance and won the world series!

while certain other teams make the news for being babies and wanting their new manager gone:

http://espn.go.com/b...team-management

what a bunch of little bitches. "wahh we miss our beer and our fried chicken. skip actually makes us run out ground balls now!"

So glad I don't have any of those babies on the Yankees.

You're way off base here. Did Joe Girardi sh*t talk a veteran like Youk like two weeks into the season? Did Girardi talk smack about Red Sox players before even managing a game with the Yankees. Bobby V sucks and isn't a good manager.

Bobby V has managed teams to more world series than you or I have. he's a good fit for that team.

Bobby V has managed teams to more world series than you or I have. he's a good fit for that team.

He's an asshat. You have no idea what you're talking about. If he was a good manager why did he have to go to Japan? He hasn't won anything here and he's out of his league and element in Boston. Worry about your own team.

He's an asshat. You have no idea what you're talking about. If he was a good manager why did he have to go to Japan? He hasn't won anything here and he's out of his league and element in Boston. Worry about your own team.

1-my sister lived in Japan the last 2 years, they take baseball VERY seriously over there.

2-how does a bad manager get 16 years to coach in the bigs?

I thought Pedrioa was a scrappy warrior? I rarely say this....but F the Red Sox. What a loser franchise. If they didnt chicken and beer themselves last season Bobby V wouldnt even be there.

Watch the FO get on their knees and beg Terry to come back next season.

Not many of us can say we've played minor league baseball either. What's your point?

I seem to remember a thread about this in the football forum. ;)

I hate to agree with B.O., but it is foolish to think this guy does not know baseball. He became a manager at the age of 35 with the Rangers and was successful for a mediocre franchise. Then he took over a Mets, a team that had 6 straight losing seasons before he arrived and won. They went to the WS only to lose to the best team of the ERA all while competing in the same division as the second best team of the ERA.

He can coach. The Sox front office saddled with a team full of prima donnas, force fed them most of the previous regime's coaching staff and then restricted the spending belt.

Pedroia is right. It is not Bobby's fault the top two pitchers have 10 wins in 40+ starts.

the best part? THIS ALL STARTED AFTER A TEXT MESSAGE! haha what a circus that team is.

Gonzalez apparently is very vocal about it....but some key players (i wonder who) didn't show up. I heard on fox sports radio that 17 players showed up so that means quite a few didn't.

I seem to remember a thread about this in the football forum. ;)

I hate to agree with B.O., but it is foolish to think this guy does not know baseball. He became a manager at the age of 35 with the Rangers and was successful for a mediocre franchise. Then he took over a Mets, a team that had 6 straight losing seasons before he arrived and won. They went to the WS only to lose to the best team of the ERA all while competing in the same division as the second best team of the ERA.

He can coach. The Sox front office saddled with a team full of prima donnas, force fed them most of the previous regime's coaching staff and then restricted the spending belt.

Pedroia is right. It is not Bobby's fault the top two pitchers have 10 wins in 40+ starts.

Lucchino needs to go. He's terrible. Bobby V manages a bullpen like a blind guy. Calls out players before the season even starts. Makes fun of a rookie for no reason. He's not good woth the players and he is NOT a good manager. He wasn't Ben's choice for a reason.

Injuries haven't helped and underperformance has been rampant, but shouldn't be an excuse for a team of this calibur.

Lucchino needs to go. He's terrible. Bobby V manages a bullpen like a blind guy. Calls out players before the season even starts. Makes fun of a rookie for no reason. He's not good woth the players and he is NOT a good manager. He wasn't Ben's choice for a reason.

Injuries haven't helped and underperformance has been rampant, but shouldn't be an excuse for a team of this calibur.

what does being blind have to do with selecting who comes out of the bullpen?

you don't think the assistants can give him the situational information that he needs if he's blind?

Isn't he part owner?

What bothers me the most about what happens is how they cut Bobby's nuts by leaving half the old staff. How does someone involved in baseball with two previous teams do that? Stupid.

The notion that Bobby V doesn't know baseball is fairly ridiculous, he's often cited as a fairly brilliant baseball mind, but there's a simple reason why some of the greatest success that he's known as a manager came in a country where the man didn't speak the language; his absolutely grating personality. He just doesn't know how to handle relationships with his players, assistant coaches or basically anyone else. I've always been partial to the quote by sparky anderson about Casey Stengal and how he said something to the lines of: I don't believe a manager ever won a pennant. Casey won all those with the Yanks, how many did he win with the braves and mets? You can't win without players, as a manager you just need to keep things in line.

That's the thing, even if you have all the right players, it's a very underrated aspect to keep twenty-five ball players wanting to play every day and Bobby V just has a way of alienating everybody that he needs to perform for him.

The notion that Bobby V doesn't know baseball is fairly ridiculous, he's often cited as a fairly brilliant baseball mind, but there's a simple reason why some of the greatest success that he's known as a manager came in a country where the man didn't speak the language; his absolutely grating personality. He just doesn't know how to handle relationships with his players, assistant coaches or basically anyone else. I've always been partial to the quote by sparky anderson about Casey Stengal and how he said something to the lines of: I don't believe a manager ever won a pennant. Casey won all those with the Yanks, how many did he win with the braves and mets? You can't win without players, as a manager you just need to keep things in line.

That's the thing, even if you have all the right players, it's a very underrated aspect to keep twenty-five ball players wanting to play every day and Bobby V just has a way of alienating everybody that he needs to perform for him.

Yet, he managed to play into October with the worst OF in the history of the World Series. I think he does a much better job of getting the most out of JAG-level talent (Payton/Agbayani/Perez, Todd Pratt, Glendon Rusch, etc) than he does when faced with managing multiple star players.

Yet, he managed to play into October with the worst OF in the history of the World Series. I think he does a much better job of getting the most out of JAG-level talent (Payton/Agbayani/Perez, Todd Pratt, Glendon Rusch, etc) than he does when faced with managing multiple star players.

100% agreed. I think a lot of it stemmed from their superstar Piazza being a very toe-the-line, yessir type of player and dropping the prima-donas like Henderson in the beginning of the season (that and rickey was beyond the twilight of his career).

I mean to be honest, it does sort of speak to what Bobby V did as the only guys I can truly remember off that team, without googleing it, are Piazza, Ventura, Alfonso, Hampton and Leiter...well of course and Franco. And none of them really seem to be the type of guy who went out of their way to rock the boat, but I was never a big Mets' fan, so I could be way off base there. The current Red Sox seem to have a lot more entitled-type personalities who are willing to voice their displeasure.

I never said bobby was baseball dumb. He knows baseball. He's a bad manager. That is of baseball and people.

He is not a bad manager. He was successful with the Rangers and Mets. Now, his people skills are questionable.

Yes and FranComa is one the all-time greats.

Baseball more than any other sport can limit the amount of championships won.

I am not saying he is an all-time great, but the guy has won over 1100 games in a 16 year and counting career. That means something.

That's the key right there. I always hate it when Yankees fans dis Girardi and did the same to Torre. Its really not all that easy to manage a team of star players.

There is something to be said for keeping all those egos in check. Valentine has an enormous ego himself and no clue how to relate to people without being a complete prick.

How many World Series did he win? At the end of the day that is all that matters.

really???

Jerry Sloan is easily a top 5 basketball coach ever and he never won a ring in his sport.

Bobby Cox is the best baseball manager of the last 50+ years and he only won ONE ring, meanwhile the worst color commentator I've ever heard Terry Francona somehow has 2 rings as a manager. Is Tito a better manager than Bobby Cox? if you think so then you know nothing about baseball.

really???

Jerry Sloan is easily a top 5 basketball coach ever and he never won a ring in his sport.

Bobby Cox is the best baseball manager of the last 50+ years and he only won ONE ring, meanwhile the worst color commentator I've ever heard Terry Francona somehow has 2 rings as a manager. Is Tito a better manager than Bobby Cox? if you think so then you know nothing about baseball.

Please show me where I said not winning championships makes you a bad manager or coach. I'll wait.

Still nothing? Right. Because what I said was all that matters in winning championships. And that is true in ANY sport.

Archived