Question: Why are all the regulars here so anti-Jets?

pointman

I get it, its the "cool" thing to be down on the team you root for... I guess. But why is that? How much a large part of the regular posters here like to sh*t on the Jets every chance they get? Its a Jets forum but it seems all the Jets "fans" are more negative than the trolls who post here as Bills, Pats, Dolphins fans.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a lifetime of letdowns, would probably be a good place to start your investigation.

I'm in the same boat but I still love and root for this team. If thats the reason for the hate of the team you supposedly are a fan of, why not just move on to something else. I hear soccer is getting popular.

I'm in the same boat but I still love and root for this team. If thats the reason for the hate of the team you supposedly are a fan of, why not just move on to something else. I hear soccer is getting popular.

I love the NFL too much to just move on to a different sport, and I don't ever switch teams. So for now, I bash away until the Jets get good.

There's no right way to be a fan. If Jets fans want to complain, that's well within their rights. Let's be real every season ends in some heartbreaking fashion. end of the day it's entertainment and if complaining is entertainment for people, so be it

It's a chicken-or-the-egg conundrum for me. I'm not sure whether I was born a pessimistic, snarky, a$$hole or if a childhood/adolescence/adulthood of rooting for the Jets has made me this way.

For the record, I'm guessing it was the former more so than the latter.

I'd add that cynical, snarky people tend to gravitate towards the Jets for whatever reason. SEE: Shane, Tom.

I get it, its the "cool" thing to be down on the team you root for... I guess. But why is that? How much a large part of the regular posters here like to sh*t on the Jets every chance they get? Its a Jets forum but it seems all the Jets "fans" are more negative than the trolls who post here as Bills, Pats, Dolphins fans.

Homer.

They aren't really, it's all Tebow's fault and they will have a love fest as soon as he's cut.... :sign0182:

Answer: The T0mShane effect

He's like a slow moving virus, luls you to sleep because of the glaring transparency of his agenda, but slowly but shirley he begins to convert you

I don't get it, either. I've been here for a few years, and I'm not.

A healthy degree of skepticism is good, but it's hard to take it seriously when people bash this current regime, which we are 32-22 under (including 4-2 in the playoffs). Some of them say that we should fire Mike T., Rex, and cut Sanchez and I don't know how they can justify that. OK, maybe I understand the "cut Sanchez" part of it, but not the rest. Of course, the media is so anti-Jet that maybe some people are influenced by that... for example, declaring with certainty that the Bills will have a better record than the Jets when they haven't beaten us once in our last 5 matchups.

TomShane is the root source of all Jets negativity since the mid 80's, he sends waves and waves of negativity into the world, which impacts people slightly and they pay forward to someone else. He's like a negative energy nuclear bomb.

I used to be this way. But I'm going with the positive energy thing in my life these days.

Answer: The T0mShane effect

He's like a slow moving virus, luls you to sleep because of the glaring transparency of his agenda, but slowly but shirley he begins to convert you

TomGayne is the reason why I'm no longer part of the negative Jets fan crowd. I used to be one of the leaders.

I used to be this way. But I'm going with the positive energy thing in my life these days.

TomGayne is the reason why I'm no longer part of the negative Jets fan crowd. I used to be one of the leaders.

That's why <3

Archived