Question: Why are all the regulars here so anti-Jets?

pointman

It's a NY thing, I think. As my time away from NY increases with every day, I realize more and more that there seems to be a disproportionate amount of complaining coming from NYers when compared to elsewhere in the country. Actually, I think that's true for the entire northeast, on second thought.

that sounds like a complaint, heh heh

to expand on your "it's a NY thing" theory there's definitely more pressure in the area. People say it's hard to be an athlete in NY, JMO it's hard to be a normal person in NY too.

It's cool for the sultan of brunei or whoever but most people can't escape the constant 'not good enough-ism'

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny thing about being called "anti-Jet" is that most people who are around here who are labeled that only have two major complaints... The QB, and the GM. Otherwise, most of the "anti-Jet" crowd thinks the team is pretty good.

Jets certainly are not horrible. it'd be nice to actually watch an exciting offense just once.

the Ken Obrien 1985 offense was exciting but if you time travelled and ask the Jets fans from that era, they'd probably complain about the defense. (In the same era as Parcells and LT)

the biblecat and defense might work. It's not likely but it's feasible.

TomShane is the root source of all Jets negativity since the mid 80's, he sends waves and waves of negativity into the world, which impacts people slightly and they pay forward to someone else. He's like a negative energy nuclear bomb.

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.

the Ken Obrien 1985 offense was exciting but if you time travelled and ask the Jets fans from that era, they'd probably complain about the defense. (In the same era as Parcells and LT)

the biblecat and defense might work. It's not likely but it's feasible.

1998 was exciting. We had the balls back then to be complaning about Todd Burger.

The funny thing about being called "anti-Jet" is that most people who are around here who are labeled that only have two major complaints... The QB, and the GM.

Moreso the QB than the GM in my case.

Yeah, Tannenbaum brought us Sanchez and hasn't been able to improve the offense in 7 years. But he also hired Rex Ryan, got us Nick Mangold, and, whether he deserves credit for it or not, moved up to draft Revis. Those 3 decisions on their own at least make him a middle-of-the-pack NFL GM. We can do better but we could also do far worse.

Too lazy to read through this whole thing, but I'm more down on the front office's inability to improve the offense in any way than the team in general.

ETA: I suppose this is because of things they say like "We're a ground-and-pound team" and then fail to do things that prove this, like acquiring a blocking TE. If they're a dime a dozen, why can't they just go get one? JUST DO IT.

I agree with you 100%. I guess they all look at this as a gripe board. Never seen so many complaining miserable bitches in my life. I've been a fan for 30+ years. I've seen a lot. The Jets don't have a rich winning history like the Steelers, Cowboys and Pats, so how can you complain about the regime that's in here now?? Believe it or not, this is the winningest era ever for this team. A lot of credit needs to be given to Tannenbaum, but the bitchers & moaners on this board always need something to complain about. They're all perfectionists. Not sure why they haven't switched over to the Giants by now. They're not real fans anyway as far as I'm concerned.

If it was a gripe thing, I could understand. But its not even that. Its almost like no matter whats said, they just sh*t on it. Its the norm now. Being excited and saying good things don't happen.

I haven't been a fan as long as you, but I have been for most of my life. And if a fan isn't excited by the way things have gone the last few years and the direction we are headed.. they don't belong here. These are good, exciting times. I can't understand "fans" who don't see that.

Max, myself, a few others. Yes. But, please, tell me again who these people are that belong here. I'm captivated.

I see. What part did you play? Coding? Co-owner? I already posted it when you asked above. Thats the good part about forums, its all written down for you.

You have a choice Pal. You can moan and groan if that's what you like to do, or you can take an interest in the perfect team that we share a stadium with. I have enjoyed some exciting Jets football during the Tannenbaum-Ryan regime. The team is nowhere near horrible and if you call not bitching and moaning "settling", so be it. Just remember your griping isn't changing a damn thing when it comes to the Jets winning or losing, so why bother??

I halfway agree with ya...i just save my bitchin and moanin for REGULAR season when I feel there is just cause.

Ive made plenty of mental notes of some of the guilty so I can know just how full of s#+t some people may be when the season goes better then expected.

While some are worse than others, some people should be called out and stripped of their cheering rights, lol.

I'm a Jets fan. I want them to win the Superbowl. I cheer so hard for them that I HAD to get the NFL Sunday Ticket so I wouldn't get into "disagreements" with a$$holes who think all Jets fans are obnoxious, retarded blowhards who act like Steelers fans at EVERY restaurant/bar on Sundays. I come here to share joy AND frustration with my like-minded brothers and sisters. Believe it or not, I consider most of the "reasonable" folks here as people that I would want to associate with in person - perhaps we'd discuss the Jets, football in general, and other things that we as a internet clan can cheer each other on for - weddings, births, etc. I also do express frustration at the organization for doing dumb sh*t that prevents us as fans from enjoying the ultimate satisfaction - a Super Bowl WIN. But that's why we're fans. It ain't all drinking the Koolaid, but I do sip it and hope.

ALL of us want the jets to succeed and we're in the midst of one of the best runs in franchise history, BUT making it to the AFC championship game is not enough. We ALL want Superbowl titles, but to watch the franchise stall year after year, it takes its toll.

ALL of us want the jets to succeed and we're in the midst of one of the best runs in franchise history, BUT making it to the AFC championship game is not enough. We ALL want Superbowl titles, but to watch the franchise stall year after year, it takes its toll.

Agreed on your points. Thats not what I was asking about. I was asking about the constant negativity around every move made. I enjoy the forum immensely, but find it odd that its hate post after hate post.

Agreed on your points. Thats not what I was asking about. I was asking about the constant negativity around every move made. I enjoy the forum immensely, but find it odd that its hate post after hate post.

To your point about the moves being made, I'll admit that it is too early to make a declaration on the moves made this year, but since Rex's first AFC championship game in 2009, not a single move has been made that has panned out to take us to the next step. So its easy for fans to get upset about that.

To your point about the moves being made, I'll admit that it is too early to make a declaration on the moves made this year, but since Rex's first AFC championship game in 2009, not a single move has been made that has panned out to take us to the next step. So its easy for fans to get upset about that.

Joe, I think you should make it your duty to shepherd in some homers to even out this cesspool of negativity. Surely, there's a Mark Sanchez Fan Club website to be found.

Have you considered the possibility that the moves themselves are dumb and deserve scorn?

Archived