Question: Why are all the regulars here so anti-Jets?

pointman

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sounds like a complaint, heh heh

to expand on your "it's a NY thing" theory there's definitely more pressure in the area. People say it's hard to be an athlete in NY, JMO it's hard to be a normal person in NY too.

It's cool for the sultan of brunei or whoever but most people can't escape the constant 'not good enough-ism'

Ha ha.. Good point... I didn't mean it as a complaint. Nor do i want anyone to be offended by it. I'm proud of where I grew up. I agree, I think it is much more difficult to just survive in NY.

I think the negativity can be a bit much at times, but even still it does add to the conversation. How else would we have such treasure troves of snarky humor. I'm usually pretty positive before the games. Then I start to slowly sour as the game goes on. By the time the games are over, I'm running around like chicken little, and everything sucks...

Then I sober up on Monday, and begin the cycle again...

Gato nailed it. It's a soap opera... oh well.

I get it, its the "cool" thing to be down on the team you root for... I guess. But why is that? How much a large part of the regular posters here like to sh*t on the Jets every chance they get? Its a Jets forum but it seems all the Jets "fans" are more negative than the trolls who post here as Bills, Pats, Dolphins fans.

How about we live in reality. When you go off about kicking the Giants ass&maybe show who the big bad ass team is just sounds so petty&stupid. Where were you last Christmas Eve the North Pole? Then the Giants went into Green Bay kicked butt,won in SanFran&won their second Super Bowl in 4 yrs! It pains me to say this but the Jets arent in the same stratosphere as the Giants. Thats not sh*tting on them,just stating the facts. Been a Jet fan 40yrs. nobodys gonna tell me how to root for them. Die-hard Mets fan too,what can i say they suck! But i love em.

I get it, its the "cool" thing to be down on the team you root for... I guess. But why is that? How much a large part of the regular posters here like to sh*t on the Jets every chance they get? Its a Jets forum but it seems all the Jets "fans" are more negative than the trolls who post here as Bills, Pats, Dolphins fans.

tumblr_lqrge8YjvA1ql6w5ko1_500.jpg

It went down hill when my post count fell off, nobody could bring down my blind optimism.

you were unreal back then bro-you were like a robot...good thing you got away from that job that you were working at back then-man you had to be bored to DEATH-I never saw anyone ever post at the rate that you were posting

I just have a feeling that after this year we will be starting all over again, Rex and or Tannenbaum will get sh!tcanned and we'll go through the list of names that should run the team and it'll be another decade gone by without another at least SB APPEARANCE...I'm running out of seasons

I just have a feeling that after this year we will be starting all over again, Rex and or Tannenbaum will get sh!tcanned and we'll go through the list of names that should run the team and it'll be another decade gone by without another at least SB APPEARANCE...I'm running out of seasons

THAT is when I will unleash my full negativity.

I'm usually pretty positive before the games. Then I start to slowly sour as the game goes on. By the time the games are over, I'm running around like chicken little, and everything sucks...

Then I sober up on Monday, and begin the cycle again...

Gato nailed it. It's a soap opera... oh well.

I do the same thing, but only on a larger scale.

I'm usually pretty positive before the season. Then I start to slowly sour as the season goes on. By the time the season is over, I'm running around like chicken little, and everything sucks...

Then I sober up in March, and begin the cycle again...

The answer to this question lies somewhere between the 43 years of let down, and the fact that we have had to play in the same division as the Patriots, Tom Brady, and Bill Belicheck, and share a stadium with the NY Giants, the 2 teams have combined for 8 super bowl appearances, and 5 super bowl victorys in the last 11 seasons, that is a tough pill to swallow as a fan of the NY Jets, and it wears on you which in tale will make you a negative prick, and no matter what this team does most fans will not be happy until we see the green, and white hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Not to mention all the sh*t the ownership put the fan base through over the last couple of years starting with the PSL's, stir all that in a pot, and you got a bunch of negative, complaining, whinny bitches, (and put me at the top of that list) and I don't see any reason to apologize for it, when you care, and root for this team the way most on here do it becomes personal most of us here bleed green, and live, and die with every Jets game, so yea when we don't like being embarassed by our biggest rivals, and our cross town rivals, and we don't see the progress towards putting this embarassment to rest (being realistic is not anti Jets by the way) we have all the right in the world to come to this wonderful forum to vent our frustration, if your looking for happy go lucky everything is grand forum go look for something titled tebowmaniacs.com or something.

That's great and that is why I said "majority", not all. Just listening to grown men who have never played a sport crying about sh*t they never understood is hysterical.

Ah yes the old "anyone who doesn't agree with me doesn't know anything" argument. Easily the #1 accusation thrown out by anyone who doesn't have a legitimate point that they are able to make and support. The true irony of it is that far more often than not, it's the person making that accusation that has no clue what they're talking about, which is why they need to resort to such an asinine comment.

Agreed on your points. Thats not what I was asking about. I was asking about the constant negativity around every move made. I enjoy the forum immensely, but find it odd that its hate post after hate post.

I think part of the problem is you're making far too broad of a generalization here. For starters, there are a crap load of people on this and based on the sheer numbers you are bound to have someone out there who doesn't like a move that is made. While some have a greater volume of things they are unhappy about than others, it's not like it's the same person complaining about every single move. Even the most negative fans around here have their things they like about this team.

The second part is I don't think you're accounting for the way a message board works. When everyone is happy with a move and agrees on everything, what the hell is there discuss? Absolutely nothing, and in that case a thread lasts a few posts, maybe a couple of pages, before dying off. What elicits a thread what a lot of discussion is disagreement, and because of that you're going to have people arguing on both sides of a point, which of course means people arguing against something (which will subsequently be categorized as negativity or "Anti-Jets"). It's ridiculous to think anyone should agree with all of the team's moves and when you disagree, there's no reason not to make it known. That's what keeps this board interesting. If it was nothing but a bunch of people agreeing how great this team was, this place would be boring as sh*t.

We're not anti-Jets. We're anti-having our noses rubbed in the fact that the Jets think we're stupid. Yesterday in his presser Rex was going on about how he's been saying since he got here that Brandon Moore was the best RG in the NFL. Like we don't remember when he cut him and tried to replace him with Chris Kemoeatu.

To your point about the moves being made, I'll admit that it is too early to make a declaration on the moves made this year, but since Rex's first AFC championship game in 2009, not a single move has been made that has panned out to take us to the next step. So its easy for fans to get upset about that.

In general though we are moving in a good direction, without too many steps backwards. It feels like the franchise is headed in the right direction, and the moves made were made in hopes of giving us a good chance of winning.

Ah yes the old "anyone who doesn't agree with me doesn't know anything" argument. Easily the #1 accusation thrown out by anyone who doesn't have a legitimate point that they are able to make and support. The true irony of it is that far more often than not, it's the person making that accusation that has no clue what they're talking about, which is why they need to resort to such an asinine comment.

I sit in the stands and the bars and listen to guys screaming "they should of ran a reverse on 3 and 16!"

How about we live in reality. When you go off about kicking the Giants ass&maybe show who the big bad ass team is just sounds so petty&stupid. Where were you last Christmas Eve the North Pole? Then the Giants went into Green Bay kicked butt,won in SanFran&won their second Super Bowl in 4 yrs! It pains me to say this but the Jets arent in the same stratosphere as the Giants. Thats not sh*tting on them,just stating the facts. Been a Jet fan 40yrs. nobodys gonna tell me how to root for them. Die-hard Mets fan too,what can i say they suck! But i love em.

So obviously joking in a super positive manner is bad? It sounds petty? Please explain how.

I am a Mets fan too, they do suck. They are a franchise that has been in money saving mode for a while now. Being down on what they have done is understandable. The Jets aren't in the same category. Anyway, my point isn't that we need to all be positive all the time. My point is that we don't need to be negative ALL THE TIME.

The answer to this question lies somewhere between the 43 years of let down, and the fact that we have had to play in the same division as the Patriots, Tom Brady, and Bill Belicheck, and share a stadium with the NY Giants, the 2 teams have combined for 8 super bowl appearances, and 5 super bowl victorys in the last 11 seasons, that is a tough pill to swallow as a fan of the NY Jets, and it wears on you which in tale will make you a negative prick, and no matter what this team does most fans will not be happy until we see the green, and white hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Not to mention all the sh*t the ownership put the fan base through over the last couple of years starting with the PSL's, stir all that in a pot, and you got a bunch of negative, complaining, whinny bitches, (and put me at the top of that list) and I don't see any reason to apologize for it, when you care, and root for this team the way most on here do it becomes personal most of us here bleed green, and live, and die with every Jets game, so yea when we don't like being embarassed by our biggest rivals, and our cross town rivals, and we don't see the progress towards putting this embarassment to rest (being realistic is not anti Jets by the way) we have all the right in the world to come to this wonderful forum to vent our frustration, if your looking for happy go lucky everything is grand forum go look for something titled tebowmaniacs.com or something.

I am just as big a fan as anyone. I love this team. Genuinely. My point isn't to not voice your frustration. I do it too. Often. My point is that not everything has to be met with negativity.

I think part of the problem is you're making far too broad of a generalization here. For starters, there are a crap load of people on this and based on the sheer numbers you are bound to have someone out there who doesn't like a move that is made. While some have a greater volume of things they are unhappy about than others, it's not like it's the same person complaining about every single move. Even the most negative fans around here have their things they like about this team.

The second part is I don't think you're accounting for the way a message board works. When everyone is happy with a move and agrees on everything, what the hell is there discuss? Absolutely nothing, and in that case a thread lasts a few posts, maybe a couple of pages, before dying off. What elicits a thread what a lot of discussion is disagreement, and because of that you're going to have people arguing on both sides of a point, which of course means people arguing against something (which will subsequently be categorized as negativity or "Anti-Jets"). It's ridiculous to think anyone should agree with all of the team's moves and when you disagree, there's no reason not to make it known. That's what keeps this board interesting. If it was nothing but a bunch of people agreeing how great this team was, this place would be boring as sh*t.

Fair point as far as the too broad a statement. I obviously didn't mean everyone, and I believe I stated that I was speaking of many of the more recognizable names. Again, I have zero issue with voicing the frustration or concern. I am merely saying that not every new bit of news about the Jets has to be met with cynicism and overall hate. Rex running his mouth, be mad. Us not pursuing a Tackle, be mad.

I know how boards work. I am just taken back by the constant negativity about anything and everything. This board is more so that than most others regarding a franchise that has made good moves in recent times. If this was the Browns or Dolphins fan board, I'd get it. But we're not them.

We're not anti-Jets. We're anti-having our noses rubbed in the fact that the Jets think we're stupid.

Gotcha. Definitely understand what you mean. But my point is, does that warrant us as die hard fans being always negative? Thats all I am saying.

Gotcha. Definitely understand what you mean. But my point is, does that warrant us as die hard fans being always negative? Thats all I am saying.

I'm with you Pointman, I can be down on the Jets after 30 Years (personally) of routing for them, but some of the negativity on here at times make the Legendary "PatsTX" seem like a blind Jets homer...

I suspect you're the one focusing on the negative. No one here is negative about everything, and many posters are positive about practically everything. If you don't agree with a point someone is making, make the counterpoint.

I can promise you that threads like this won't get you anywhere, though.

This.

You really should consider switching to the Yankees .

It's really hard to take the homer crap seriously when so often the Jets screw the pooch while our co-tenants and chief division rival raise Lombardis regularly.

Further, whether you or I or anyone waves the pom poms or drinks ourselves into pitiable anger over the Jets doesn't impact whether the Jets win or lose.This is not some Hollywood crap like "Ghostbusters". You are no better or worse a fan because you're positive or negative. YOu are merely a fan with an opinion, an opinion which is like unique body parts we all have.

I remain hopeful but realistic. And as in another thread, the Christmas Eve game really, Really REALLY pissed me off in ways great and small. And if it didn't make you mad you aren't paying attention.

I sit in the stands and the bars and listen to guys screaming "they should of ran a reverse on 3 and 16!"

If your point is there are complete idiots out there who are talking out of their asses, you won't get any argument from me. But there's a pretty massive difference between that and the idea that every person that has a negative thing to say about anything the Jets do has no idea what they're talking about.

If your point is there are complete idiots out there who are talking out of their asses, you won't get any argument from me. But there's a pretty massive difference between that and the idea that every person that has a negative thing to say about anything the Jets do has no idea what they're talking about.

The majority of those idiots have never played a competitive sport in their lives.

The JETS are going to have a great year..

It is obvious to me. The coach is sort of like Tom Coughlin was about six years ago.. (when everyone was talking about watching his

head roll.. ) He literally HAS to pull this off, as well as several other key players.

Combine that with Sparano.. great guy, BUT, he is really on the down slide, having lost a head coaches job, and he is trying to not only cut

HIS losses, but maybe work his way back up.. So he is another HAS to pull this off guy.

Then you have Mark Sanchez.. The only way for him ..well its up to him, he too HAS to do something special, NOW, or there is the

*other* guy , so..

I have to add that Tim Tebow just got ceremoniously kicked to the curb by a team that HE, for all intents and purposes, ruined a nose dive for last year.. HA HA.. so he too (as usual for this preachers kid) has something to prove..so he has that HAVE to thing going on..

I don't think any of those four guys are taking it easy about anything right now..

That is a lot of have to, by a lot of important talented people.. I don't think you can compress that much *have to* in that

tight of a space and not have something happen.

The JETS are going to have a great year... Probably won't even be able to tell until it is happening, so it should even make the JETS fans happy !!

There's actually a pretty simple explanation for the negativity:

The NY fanbase has a whole lot of Italians and Jews among them. And we LOVE to bitch about pretty much anything.

Even Giants fans are that way. It isn't just a Jets thing. Just look at how Giants fans were midseason last year. Lots of Giants fans wanted Coughlin fired. Even in the playoffs of the 2007 season, they wanted Eli gone.

Now Eli and Coughlin are the bestest ever. But I guarantee if the Giants stink it up this year, you'll hear the same kind of bitching from their fans that Jets fans are doing now. I guarantee it.

And that isn't racial thing. I am italian myself. We just love to complain.

There's actually a pretty simple explanation for the negativity:

The NY fanbase has a whole lot of Italians and Jews among them. And we LOVE to bitch about pretty much anything.

Even Giants fans are that way. It isn't just a Jets thing. Just look at how Giants fans were midseason last year. Lots of Giants fans wanted Coughlin fired. Even in the playoffs of the 2007 season, they wanted Eli gone.

Now Eli and Coughlin are the bestest ever. But I guarantee if the Giants stink it up this year, you'll hear the same kind of bitching from their fans that Jets fans are doing now. I guarantee it.

And that isn't racial thing. I am italian myself. We just love to complain.

That's not true. I'm Italian and I don't love to complain. I love to hit things. Complaining is just a socially acceptable alternative outlet that keeps me from getting arrested and losing my job.

Archived