MetLife Bowl: Jets vs Giants Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to see Hunter look competent. That's all. Not asking for road-grader, just slightly above average. Hell, I'll take slightly below average to be honest. Just don't get mark killed really.

This. I am really looking forward to seeing how Hunter looks tonight.

* Built in excuse is that he hasn't played in a little while and is still rusty.

Forget Hunter, I want to see how Brick handles JPP this time around. Gave up two sacks to him last year, I believe.

You are such a negative Jets fan, judging OLineman on sacks allowed? That is like believing in sabermetrics. :)

You should probably request some of his high school film if that is the goal.

Hey man, there was a stretch of a couple games two seasons ago where he looked, ya know, capable. Then of course that small sample-size was followed up by a full season of ineptitude. I'm going to just go ahead and assume that his whole last season's body of work is the statistical outlier and he's truly a stud RT. That fantasy will of course only last until I watch him play tonight.

True. JPP pretty much abused everyone last year, but it would be nice to see our supposed all-pro LT handle him a bit better than the league average.

I'm a subscriber to the theory that as Brick's weight goes, so does his performance. The lack of a offseason program hurt him last year IMO. We'll see if he looks better tonight.

I'm a subscriber to the theory that as Brick's weight goes, so does his performance. The lack of a offseason program hurt him last year IMO. We'll see if he looks better tonight.

Very interesting point. really hope that is true.

I'd like to see Coples do more of what he did last week. Preferably against 1's this time.

+1

If it turns out Coples draft stock was just being swift-boated and he turns out to be great, he could really offset a lot of the projected problems on this team.

Game 1 offense,,,, you took 2 whole paragraphs to say what I already said a week ago in 2 sentences.

(honest critique or arrogant condescension, pick your lable, either is ok with me)

My Game 2 Keys:

Play Mark for the entire 1st half.

Play McElroy for the entire 3rd quarter.

Play Simms for the entire 4th quarter.

Play Tim at Punt Protector and on the KO cover team only.

Because he's no QB and never will be, it's just soooo embarrassing.

Total Jet Success would then be guaranteed!!!

(being somewhat factitious, otherwise they won't know) :winking0001:

PS

It would probably help if someone would teach both Mark and the receivers

how to read a blitz and how to adjust to it, other than by just screaming OH sh*t! :wild:

PSS -- :animal0029: ----------------- :character0053: (OBTW, Jet-T's = jetties)

I'd like to see Coples do more of what he did last week. Preferably against 1's this time.

+1

If it turns out Coples draft stock was just being swift-boated and he turns out to be great, he could really offset a lot of the projected problems on this team.

+1. If Coples and Ellis play like that against the 1s, this defense should be set for a while. Coples, Ellis and Wilkerson is one of those defensive lines that dominates a division for a handful of years; those types of lines can mask a whole hell of a lot of problems. When you have three guys that can put some pressure on a QB and stop the run, that's basically an orgasm for a Rex Ryan scheme.

Archived