The Official Maurice Jones Drew Thread [Merged 3X]

NYGiantFan10

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no thanks costs to much and love what they have in David wilson.. plus i dont think even MJD could run behind our sh*t ass offensive line

Uh oh. Wait what? uhhhh scuse me? uhhhh scuse me Mr Giant fan. How be it your QB wins Super Bowls and stuff behind a bad O line. Huh? Wait what? NEVER MIND I dont want to know. I has sad. Someone kill a pig quick and feed it to me.

Hi Guys. I have been lurking on this site for a while. I am a Jag season ticket holder and a Tebow supporter. As much as I would love to see Tim in Teal it is not going to happen, at least not right now. Though many of the fans want Tim, the FO does not. The GM Smith is tied to Gabbert and Tim will cause a QB controversy for real in JAX unlike the Media driven controversy for the Jets. If the Jags had really wanted him they could have gotten him for a third round pick. Mojo is worth more than that.

Look as awful as we look right now its not that bad, and this MJD free agency thing makes my mouth water, because of how bad shonn greene is BUT

BUT

this guy is old, wants money we shouldnt spend on him and to top it all off the fact that I think our front office might make a play for him makes me sick.

We need to find our own MJD in the Draft. Just like we found mangold, revis, harris etc...Honestly I think the Jets would be great with the guy right up untill he tries to run with our line blocking for him.

Tanny please dont draft this guy unless we can get him on the cheap, which we cant.

Look as awful as we look right now its not that bad, and this MJD free agency thing makes my mouth water, because of how bad shonn greene is BUT

BUT

this guy is old, wants money we shouldnt spend on him and to top it all off the fact that I think our front office might make a play for him makes me sick.

We need to find our own MJD in the Draft. Just like we found mangold, revis, harris etc...Honestly I think the Jets would be great with the guy right up untill he tries to run with our line blocking for him.

Tanny please dont draft this guy unless we can get him on the cheap, which we cant.

Finding a MJD caliber guy ourselves via the draft is a long shot, and even if we do it may take years. Win now.

He is 27. He isn't old.

There is truth to both these posts.

I don't believe in giving RBs their second contract. 27 is old for a RB. Yet, we will never find someone like him on our own. We historically suck at drafting QB and RB. Truth.

Why Bradway has been parting of the scouting that has never once gotten even a halfway decent QB in the draft and peaked by drafting Lamont Jordan only to trade him, is beyond me.

The Jets major needs are not at the running back position.

They need a real QB, a real TE and RT.

Signing a back with alot of miles on his legs for alot of money makes no sense at all.

Greene and McKnight are fine.

Look how well the NEP have done over the years without a star running back.

If the Jets could work a deal with MJD which I think is very doubtful he would open up this entire offense because teams would have to respect him. He can actully break tackles, catch the ball out of the backfield, put a hurt on Safties and LB's, hes good at the goalline and hes elusive. Hes the entire package and the Jets SB window is beginning to close. If he could give us 3 solid years it would be worth the Long term 4 or 5 year deal because its probably our only chance to win a SB unless you think we can do it with the current crop of Misfits we have at the RB position. Some RB's do play well beyond the year of 30 mostly the great ones and MJD is certainly capable of being one of the great ones. If you guys think the Jets are going to get good RB's of MJD Caliber by only using 3rd - 7th Round Picks your crazy. I dont give a damn what other teams do tey have real GM's and real scouting Departments We dont.

Archived