The Official Maurice Jones Drew Thread [Merged 3X]

NYGiantFan10

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys. I have been lurking on this site for a while. I am a Jag season ticket holder and a Tebow supporter. As much as I would love to see Tim in Teal it is not going to happen, at least not right now. Though many of the fans want Tim, the FO does not. The GM Smith is tied to Gabbert and Tim will cause a QB controversy for real in JAX unlike the Media driven controversy for the Jets. If the Jags had really wanted him they could have gotten him for a third round pick. Mojo is worth more than that.

Wut up yo???

Jax Beach in the house!!!

Duuuuuvallll!!!!!!!

Despite their commitment to a power-running philosophy on offense, the Jets will not pursue a trade for Jacksonville Jaguars tailback Maurice Jones-Drew, a person with direct knowledge of the Jets’ thinking said Wednesday.

Jones-Drew, 27, led the NFL last season in carries (343) and rushing yardage (1,606). At a stout 5-foot-8 and 205 pounds, he would seem the ideal back for the “ground-and-pound” approach that Jets head coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano espouse. Jones-Drew has not reported to training camp yet for the Jaguars, choosing instead to hold out in an attempt to get a new contract.

Bummer

I think I agree with this. So then the question becomes is it more reasonable to spend your money on draft picks that may turn out to be decent, or to spend it on the league's leading rusher? It seems really simple to me.

If you are asking me how to rebuild the offense. I would say that the Jets should go after a good OT in free agency - unless one wows you in the draft. Ditto RB. Nothing wrong with bringing in a young, cheap RB who has been playing on a bad offense or draft one instead. Get rid of Santonio. Look for a speedy WR in the draft (Pittsburgh seems to find one every year). Try to get an Eric Decker type WR and a run blocking TE.

If you are asking me how to rebuild the offense. I would say that the Jets should go after a good OT in free agency - unless one wows you in the draft. Ditto RB. Nothing wrong with bringing in a young, cheap RB who has been playing on a bad offense or draft one instead. Get rid of Santonio. Look for a speedy WR in the draft (Pittsburgh seems to find one every year). Try to get an Eric Decker type WR and a run blocking TE.

Who is going to take Holmes contract? I'd love to trade his bum ass too but we paid him so damn much.

Tuesday’s comments from Jaguars owner Shad Khan ratcheted up the rhetoric in the team’s impasse with running back Maurice Jones-Drew without bringing things much closer to a conclusion.

Jones-Drew wasn’t happy that Khan told him it was time to run and catch the train before it leaves the station, leading to reports that MJD was open to a trade and speculation that his holdout could last into the regular season. There was no formal trade request, though, and Steve Wyche of the NFL Network reported Wednesday morning on NFL AM that the Jaguars running back remains open to making it work in Jacksonville.

“After speaking to his agent, Adisa Bakari, he’s also open to bridging what is becoming a more fractured relationship because of the comments of Khan, not only Tuesday, but late last week,” said Wyche. “The issue is who is going to extend the olive branch if there is going to be a reparation, because Jones-Drew, he is further entrenched in his holdout — he does not like the situation, the fact that Khan is discussing publicly what was supposed to be handled in private.”

The Jaguars haven’t moved an inch closer to giving Jones-Drew a new deal and Khan keeps sending messages that there won’t be any movement on that side. If he stops sending those messages publicly, it isn’t going to change the situation in regard to the contract which means that the olive branch that ends things is almost certainly going to have to come from the player at this point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/report-mjd-open-to-bridging-gap-with-jaguars/

If you are asking me how to rebuild the offense. I would say that the Jets should go after a good OT in free agency - unless one wows you in the draft.AGREED Ditto RB. Nothing wrong with bringing in a young, cheap RB who has been playing on a bad offense or draft one instead. McKNIGHT, POWELL, GANAWAY? Get rid of Santonio. Look for a speedy WR in the draft (Pittsburgh seems to find one every year).KERLEY, HILL, WHITE Try to get an Eric Decker type WR SCHILLENS, TURNER and a run blocking TE.AGREED

I think Tannenbaum agrees with you. Recent chatter and the Otah move seem to show he agrees about RT. Not sure why they ignored the blocking TE. Usually they keep bringing in lame ones throughout camp. Not sure why they haven't this year.

I think Sparano is not showing very much at this point. He is a Parcells guy - he won't show anything in the preseason and he will play to the teams strength vs the opponents weakness. I don't think we can pass judgement on this offense until the season starts. I personally think that Kerley would get open more underneath than Patrick Turner would and that once he gets on the field it should help the offense no matter what.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe being enamored of Bill Parcells is the Jets real problem? How did Parcells do in Dallas? Ask Miami fans what they think of Bill Parcells and his tenure in their fair city?

Under Parcells, the Fins drafted Pat White, a WC QB, in the 2nd round. Under their Parcells worshipping owner and GM, the Jets trade a fourth round pick for Tim Tebow, a WC QB at best to be their backup QB when they already had a backup QB under contract (Drew Stanton).

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe being enamored of Bill Parcells is the Jets real problem? How did Parcells do in Dallas? Ask Miami fans what they think of Bill Parcells and his tenure in their fair city?

Under Parcells, the Fins drafted Pat White, a WC QB, in the 2nd round. Under their Parcells worshipping owner and GM, the Jets trade a fourth round pick for Tim Tebow, a WC QB at best to be their backup QB when they already had a backup QB under contract (Drew Stanton).

All while the Bills are still stuck in the basement of the division.

BTW, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin and Bill Bilicheck said hello.

I think Tannenbaum agrees with you. Recent chatter and the Otah move seem to show he agrees about RT. Not sure why they ignored the blocking TE. Usually they keep bringing in lame ones throughout camp. Not sure why they haven't this year.

Yeah I agree that there are guys on the roster who could produce that way for this team. I'm not a McKnight fan. I think he is terrible tbh. For all the hype he has yet to make a big play.

Yeah I agree that there are guys on the roster who could produce that way for this team. I'm not a McKnight fan. I think he is terrible tbh. For all the hype he has yet to make a big play.

I think McKnight is okay. He's made plenty of big plays in the return game. As an Rb? Jury is out and I don't blame you for thinking he's terrible. My point wasn't that ANY of those guys solve ANY of those problems, just that those issues have been addressed to some level or other with the exception of the blocking TE. They have tried to address RT with Howard, Heyer and then Otah. Is it enough? Evidently not.

Fleming Island, home of our beloved Gene Smith. Always happy to see another Gator.

Fleming Island is a nice area. Too far from everything for my taste.

Buffalo Wilds Wings on Baymeadows - we get a good Jets crowd in there - if you're interested. Just beware of this dude named Joe aka Klakco.

Go Gators!!!

Under Parcells, both teams went to the playoffs. Interestingly enough, during his time with both teams, the playoffs seemed to elude the Buffalo Bills.

Funny how life works and stuff. Weird.

All while the Bills are still stuck in the basement of the division.

BTW, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin and Bill Bilicheck said hello.

How many playoff games exactly did Dallas and Miami win under Parcells? The fact is, Parcells never won a playoff game as a HC without Bill Belichick running his defense while Belichick has done significantly better since he cut ties with the Tuna. That right there kinda says who was the brains of that duo. The fact is that none of those Parcells' supposed "disciples" ascribe to Parcells' two-decades-too-late philosophy of how to win football games, which is why they've had much more success since parting company with Parcells than he has had since parting from them.

How many playoff games exactly did Dallas and Miami win under Parcells? The fact is, Parcells never won a playoff game as a HC without Bill Belichick running his defense while Belichick has done significantly better since he cut ties with the Tuna. That right there kinda says who was the brains of that duo. The fact is that none of those Parcells' supposed "disciples" ascribe to Parcells' two-decades-too-late philosophy of how to win football games, which is why they've had much more success since parting company with Parcells than he has had since parting from them.

How many coaches have coached 2 different teams to the SB?

And I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure the DC in NE during the SB run in 96 was Al Groh and not BB.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, you're really not good at this stuff.

How many playoff games exactly did Dallas and Miami win under Parcells? The fact is, Parcells nev

Actually, I think you need to look at the Pats offensive numbers when they were cheating to win SBs. Tommyboy wasn't lighting up the scoreboard like he has since then. Their entire philosophy was great defense, keep the game close and don't make mistakes on offense which is easy when you know what defense you are facing on every single play.

Archived