Usually I am the eternal optimist, but...

greeniemeanie

I have to say fellas... This is not feeling like a good year. However, that could be why it will be.

Let me explain...

I am officially off the Sanchez bandwagon. Although I reserve my right to get back on. Also, at this point, I have to apologize to Gato. I thought Schotty was the main issue. He may still be, but I am not confident.

I fear that Rex is Buddy Ryan 1.5/ He neglects the offense. This is not good.

Tannenbaum has earned my trust, then lost it. Kind of like a night with T0mShane, He liquors you up, then takes adavantage of your fickle trust.

I hope this year is great. I just don't feel it though. Then again, I don't know what it is like to have the Jets win it all...

Ideas, concerns? What is your feeling on the upcoming year?

The one thing I can say is that I feel much better with everyone counting the Jets out. I prefer it over everyone talking about us being a contender. This offseason, assuming they fix the RT situation adequatel, has been fine for me.

They've shown nothing in preseason and our starting WR corp hasn't played yet. I'm not worried.

Your like 13 feet tall right? Maybe it's a lack of oxygen? Sit down for a bit and re-think it. Personally I think Sanchez and Tebow are both pretty looking and pretty awful at playing QB. The offensive line couldn't keep 90 year old woman with osteoporosis from the buffet table at Ol Country Buffet. Yet I could, go figure.

Now the good news. Our defense will be awesome until the lack of first downs wear them into puss from a dead dogs eyes. So... only watch defense and turn the game off at 7 minutes into the third quarter. Your welcome and when I can find a step stool HIGH FIVE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say fellas... This is not feeling like a good year. However, that could be why it will be.

Let me explain...

I am officially off the Sanchez bandwagon. Although I reserve my right to get back on. Also, at this point, I have to apologize to Gato. I thought Schotty was the main issue. He may still be, but I am not confident.

Tannenbaum has earned my trust, then lost it. Kind of like a night with T0mShane, He liquors you up, then takes adavantage of your fickle trust.

I hope this year is great. I just don't feel it though. Then again, I don't know what it is like to have the Jets win it all...

I'm leaning in your direction but I want to see this Sunday's game before I commit to anything,

If the Jets offense looks decent, just decent, I'll be a lot more confident heading into this year.

I'm leaning in your direction but I want to see this Sunday's game before I commit to anything,

If the Jets offense looks decent, just decent, I'll be a lot more confident heading into this year.

your waiting till after the thrid preseason game to commit ? How about mid season so at least you have real games to come to a conclusion.

Ite preseason! blah blah blah blah... right?? isnt that what we're supposed to say even though they look like a steaming pile of freshly laid doberman poo.

We're not a bad team, we just have a lot of problems that dont seem to have been fixed from last year. Do things change for week 1? God I hope so.

I do think Sanchez will be the Sanchize he used to be. I think Teblow will add a different element to this offense, and our WR's and RB's will actually perform up to their ability. I think Foot Sniffer and Sunglass Hut will find a way to fix the problems in-game unlike Shotty-Jr and get the O-line help when they need it.

I dont think we're division winners, but if they can play up to their ability each week, we should be in the hunt. If Sanchize and Teblow cant perform at a decently mediocre level then its going to be a long season. Its not an easy schedule early on... bills/steelers/niners/dolphins... i really dont expect us to be better than 3-3 at that point, but the schedule gets a lot better from then on... If we can just get through to the bye week in decent shape, this could turn into a surprising season

Let me explain...

I like exactly where we are...we feed off being the underdog and hated at the same time.....

Your like 13 feet tall right? Maybe it's a lack of oxygen? Sit down for a bit and re-think it. Personally I think Sanchez and Tebow are both pretty looking and pretty awful at playing QB. The offensive line couldn't keep 90 year old woman with osteoporosis from the buffet table at Ol Country Buffet. Yet I could, go figure.

Now the good news. Our defense will be awesome until the lack of first downs wear them into puss from a dead dogs eyes. So... only watch defense and turn the game off at 7 minutes into the third quarter. Your welcome and when I can find a step stool HIGH FIVE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF

I just got called a "blind homer" for the first time in 7 years posting on Jet boards.. gotta say it felt better than I thought it would.

Don't let these miserable pukes and their black cloud posts bring you down, 2tall. In the end those of us who see a playoff team will get the last laugh.

I haven't full on hit the panic button yet, it's premature.

My bigger sense of dread comes from the fact that the front office does not seem to have any real philosophy about how they're going to make this team better in years to come. This team went 8-8 with obvious holes and Tannenbaum did nothing but add Tebow.

Rex is not entirely blame free in this either, but I'm willing to give Rex more of a pass since he's recently recommitted to paying attention. He's a great defensive coach, I'm willing to give him time to improve his offensive coaching skills.

The one thing I can say is that I feel much better with everyone counting the Jets out. I prefer it over everyone talking about us being a contender. This offseason, assuming they fix the RT situation adequatel, has been fine for me.

They've shown nothing in preseason and our starting WR corp hasn't played yet. I'm not worried.

The fact that there are such low expectations will make our 8-8 that much more satisfying.

That's a pretty negative way to interpret what I said.

I worship at the altar of results. While it is whimsical to be optimistic simply based on collective negative forecasts, there are good reasons for those negative opinions. The way I see it, the Jets are doing a great job of carrying last year's momentum into this year. And, while I like the new faces on defense, I see nothing in the way of overall personnel upgrades. But hey, what the hell do I know? Doing the opposite worked like a charm for Costanza.

I worship at the altar of results. While it is whimsical to be optimistic simply based on collective negative forecasts, there are good reasons for those negative opinions. The way I see it, the Jets are doing a great job of carrying last year's momentum into this year. And, while I like the new faces on defense, I see nothing in the way of overall personnel upgrades. But hey, what the hell do I know? Doing the opposite worked like a charm for Costanza.

nice avatar :winking0001:

I haven't full on hit the panic button yet, it's premature.

My bigger sense of dread comes from the fact that the front office does not seem to have any real philosophy about how they're going to make this team better in years to come. This team went 8-8 with obvious holes and Tannenbaum did nothing but add Tebow.

Rex is not entirely blame free in this either, but I'm willing to give Rex more of a pass since he's recently recommitted to paying attention. He's a great defensive coach, I'm willing to give him time to improve his offensive coaching skills.

Along those lines, what scares me most is that Rex seems to have figured out that winning is the only path to credibility, but probably too late. He's going to need a new QB, and unless he lucks into a Vinny Testaverde-type vet, he's going to have to start over with a rookie. Considering that he's run out of political capital in this town because of his buffoonish early bragging, he probably won't be afforded the three years to make a new offense work with a rookie QB.

Along those lines, what scares me most is that Rex seems to have figured out that winning is the only path to credibility, but probably too late. He's going to need a new QB, and unless he lucks into a Vinny Testaverde-type vet, he's going to have to start over with a rookie. Considering that he's run out of political capital in this town because of his buffoonish early bragging, he probably won't be afforded the three years to make a new offense work with a rookie QB.

Kind of a Catch 22 for Rex there. If winning brings political capital and more time, in order for him to get it he'd have to succeed with (in spite of?) Sanchez. If he wins with Sanchez, I doubt they bring in a new QB.

Kind of a Catch 22 for Rex there. If winning brings political capital and more time, in order for him to get it he'd have to succeed with (in spite of?) Sanchez. If he wins with Sanchez, I doubt they bring in a new QB.

If Sanchez doesn't show marked improvement this season, another 9-7 wildcard year isn't going to guarantee his job, but there are other factors at play. His contract probably keeps him here another season. A quick look at next year's free agents tells me that Flacco and Schaub top the QB list. That works in Sanchez' favor, too. The Jets options next year at the position will probably be to either draft another QB or get ripped off by Andy Reid in a trade. Or go full Tebow - but they should have a good feel for what Timmy brings to the table by wintertime, too.

Not a pretty picture.

This. ^

I do see Rex+Sparano getting a shot next year with a different QB. Something tells me someone like Matt Moore will be our starting QB next year, while we are looking up at Brady, Fitz and Tannehill in our division. LOL

If Sanchez doesn't show marked improvement this season, another 9-7 wildcard year isn't going to guarantee his job, but there are other factors at play. His contract probably keeps him here another season. A quick look at next year's free agents tells me that Flacco and Schaub top the QB list. That works in Sanchez' favor, too. The Jets options next year at the position will probably be to either draft another QB or get ripped off by Andy Reid in a trade. Or go full Tebow - but they should have a good feel for what Timmy brings to the table by wintertime, too.

Not a pretty picture.

Schaub plus a reinvestment in drafting for the OL, and a continued focus on defensive dominance would be a dream come true. Won't happen.

Go through the board and look a how many times Rex is labeled "a great defensive coach". Guess what? Thats his biggest problem. He can't build a team and he can't run a team. He is a defensive coordinator with a head coach's crown. A some point he was supposed to learn to coach an entire team. To handle organizational issues, locker room discontent, to be even-handed in drafts (since we know he picks the early guys). What he's done is attempt to make theJets his own all-world defensive fantasy football team. The pursuit of Asomougha alone had huge ramifications and put players out of work and focused Tanny on a deal that kept him from fixing other problems last season. (And we already had Revis and Cro and 1st rounder Wilson). Rex is showing himself to be one-dimensional and lopsided in his approach to running this team.

In the words of the immortal Mr. Miyagi: Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?

Not a pretty picture.

Maybe this is why they kept Hunter so long and did nothing to address RT. They were hoping Sanchez got hurt.

Doubt that's true, but my cynicism know no bounds.

Funny.

Hey, I can recall the sports talkers and writers saying the jets had no chance in the 09 playoffs as well as the 10 playoffs. The main reason being Sanchez and his inadequacies. We beat two teams each year that we weren't supposed to. I seriously believe that it's better to be underestimated than touted in most cases. As far as last season, we were one win from the playoffs when it all boils down and had more than one game that we lost that was winnable. Without the BS miami game where the team "imploded" there isn't all this drastic talk of how bad the Jets were. It's way overblown.

Am I psyched about the offense and all that? Not really, but to have everyone calling us a 6 win team is unfounded IMO. It's blood in the water mentality and a lot of our own fan base is drinking the coolaid.

We need to improve but the truth is that Sanchez HAS improved every year and without the help of having either a consistent WR group or running game. I look for him to be much better than everyone is thinking and our O, while not being dominant, to be serviceable.

Like I said, I like that no one see's it. I think the Jets do too.

Funny.

Hey, I can recall the sports talkers and writers saying the jets had no chance in the 09 playoffs as well as the 10 playoffs. The main reason being Sanchez and his inadequacies. We beat two teams each year that we weren't supposed to. I seriously believe that it's better to be underestimated than touted in most cases. As far as last season, we were one win from the playoffs when it all boils down and had more than one game that we lost that was winnable. Without the BS miami game where the team "imploded" there isn't all this drastic talk of how bad the Jets were. It's way overblown.

Am I psyched about the offense and all that? Not really, but to have everyone calling us a 6 win team is unfounded IMO. It's blood in the water mentality and a lot of our own fan base is drinking the coolaid.

We need to improve but the truth is that Sanchez HAS improved every year and without the help of having either a consistent WR group or running game. I look for him to be much better than everyone is thinking and our O, while not being dominant, to be serviceable.

Like I said, I like that no one see's it. I think the Jets do too.

I hope you are right. With close to 50 years of the Jets under my belt I have way too much scar tissue to be overly optimistic. Add the Mets to the equation for even more trauma.

Archived