Trade Options for RT

Why would Indy consider trading Justice when they only acquired him before the 2012 draft for almost nothing (in return for their 2012 6th round pick, they got Justice and Philly's 2012 6th round pick)? I'm assuming they traded for him to be their starting RT.

Is Cherilus actually on the market, either? His total possible cap hit including bonuses to Detroit in 2012 will be $4.6 million. If he's actually the starter, then his contract is reasonable. If he's been reduced to being a swing OT, then his cap hit is likely to be closer to $3.5 million. For a team that's hungry for success in the playoffs after years of being a league laughingstock, a $3.5 million insurance policy to keep the Detroit offense viable is pretty cheap (Cherilus Contract), especially when he'd probably only get them a 5th or 6th round pick.

Edited by HDKostempski

Why would Indy consider trading Justice when they only acquired him before the 2012 draft for almost nothing (in return for their 2012 6th round pick, they got Justice and Philly's 2012 6th round pick)? I'm assuming they traded for him to be their starting RT.

A better question is why would we trade for someone with is worth almost nothing?

Whoever we get I say Tebow should be part of the trade. Hopefully we can get a RT and a quality back up QB.

I think you would have to ante up some serious loot in terms of players and picks to get another team to take Tebow off your hands. When the deal with the Jets for Tebow was finalized, I'm sure that John Elway at least did a fist pump worthy of Tony Sparano at his best. :winking0001:

Edited by HDKostempski

Is Cherilus actually on the market, either? His total possible cap hit including bonuses to Detroit in 2012 will be $4.6 million. If he's actually the starter, then his contract is reasonable. If he's been reduced to being a swing OT, then his cap hit is likely to be closer to $3.5 million. For a team that's hungry for success in the playoffs after years of being a league laughingstock, a $3.5 million insurance policy to keep the Detroit offense viable is pretty cheap (Cherilus Contract), especially when he'd probably only get them a 5th or 6th round pick.

His cap charge is closer to $4 million this season with the only changes being if he got hurt. I cant see Detroit moving him.

there are no player for player deals anymore in this league. that means draft picks for players is the only real trade option. and how does a 2013 draft pick help a team in Sept 2012? Not to mention why would someone trade a decent starting tackle and create a hole on their team?

In other words it ain't happening.

• Upvote 1

there are no player for player deals anymore in this league. that means draft picks for players is the only real trade option. and how does a 2013 draft pick help a team in Sept 2012? Not to mention why would someone trade a decent starting tackle and create a hole on their team?

In other words it ain't happening.

Agreed. More realistic option is seeing if a veteran tackle is cut or released in favor of a younger player who we could bring in as a stop gap. Either way we are not going to drastically upgrade the position at this point.

I think you would have to ante up some serious loot in terms of players and picks to get another team to take Tebow off your hands. When the deal with the Jets for Tebow was finalized, I'm sure that John Elway at least did a fist pump worthy of Tony Sparano at his best. :winking0001:

Not a team that is looking for exposure and $$$$$. Owners of ailing franchises would surely consider 27/7 ESPN coverage of their team. Plus there's a rumor going around that he's a "winner" .

I don't think we will have to trade for these guys because there is no way Seattle can keep all 3, and I don't know how much of an upgrade either of these guys would be, maybe someone else on here know something about any of these guys.

RT Paul Fanaika

RT Alex Barron

LT Frank Omiyale

I only know Barron was considered a draft bust, and St. Louis finally realesed him, but don't know much about the other 2, and 1 possibly 2 of the 3 could shake loose on cut day.

Fair enough. How many playoff games have the Bills quarterbacks won, not including Brad Smith who won a few with the Jets as a utility player? :winking0001:

Fair enough. How many playoff games have the Bills quarterbacks won, not including Brad Smith who won a few with the Jets as a utility player? :winking0001:

Do you really doubt that Elway wanted Tebow gone and that he celebrated when he dumped him on another AFC team?

It's a pretty common belief that Elway and Fox both didn't think much of the way Tebow played, but that they absolutely hated his nutwit followers and the publicity he generated.

Edited by HDKostempski

Whoever we get I say Tebow should be part of the trade. Hopefully we can get a RT and a quality back up QB.

The TEBOW nonsense is getting sickening! Tebow is a JET! If he can help the Jets win, why not just accept him? Just because you are a Sanchez fan does not mean that you hate to vent your rage at other Jets QBs. Its still a team game! I'd love to see McElroy get a real shot to compete and watch all the Sanchez hero worshipers go nuts!

Do you really doubt that Elway wanted Tebow gone and that he celebrated when he dumped him on another AFC team?

It's a pretty common belief that Elway and Fox both didn't think much of the way Tebow played, but that they absolutely hated his nutwit followers and the publicity he generated.

This is very good technology current events site.Here include technology latest news update.To know information about current technology and educational invention visit MACHINES NEWS