Adrian Gonzalez headed to the Dodgers???

Blackout

That will never happen.

Sox needed to hit a reset button. So glad Punto will be gone.

So if the trade goes through....

We are looking at this for 2013:

C; Salty/Lavarnaway

1B: Lomey

2B: Pedroia

SS: Circiao/Iglesias

3B: Middlebrooks

LF; Sweeey/Kalish/Nava

CF: Els

RF: Sweeey/Kalish/Nava

DH: Ortiz (assuming he re-signs).

SP: Lester, Bucholz, Dubront, Morales, De La Rosa, Lackey

Closer: TBD

Yeesh!

So if the trade goes through....

We are looking at this for 2013:

C; Salty/Lavarnaway

1B: Lomey

2B: Pedroia

SS: Circiao/Iglesias

3B: Middlebrooks

LF; Sweeey/Kalish/Nava

CF: Els

RF: Sweeey/Kalish/Nava

DH: Ortiz (assuming he re-signs).

SP: Lester, Bucholz, Dubront, Morales, De La Rosa, Lackey

Closer: TBD

Yeesh!

I'm pretty sure they're going to resign Cody Ross. And Bailey will be the closer.

I'm pretty sure they're going to resign Cody Ross. And Bailey will be the closer.

Forgot about Bailey.

I would not mind Ross back as a back-up/spot starter, but not as a full-time guy.

Probably bring him back to platoon with Kalish or Sweeney.

Re-sign Papi is a definite now.

Gotta find a way to get rid of Lackey too.

No doubt.

Even if Lomey resigns, this team is going to have to scratch out runs. So, those pitchers better get their heads on right.

Probably bring him back to platoon with Kalish or Sweeney.

Re-sign Papi is a definite now.

Gotta find a way to get ris of Lackey too.

I just read that Lackey took over Beckett's locker. I didn't think he was going to be on the roster at all this year.

That was a great, great trade for LA.

I mocked them earlier in the year, but they've officially earned some points as a team trying to be a boss. Next will be the billion dollar TV deal.

It was pretty good for the Sox as well.

They save a net of 264 million over the next few years. They now have a hair under 60 million in salary space the next two seasons and 40 million a year the three years after that. An all they are eating is 11 million in cash.

Plus, they get two 22yo good to very good pitching prospects.

It was pretty good for the Sox as well.

They save a net of 264 million over the next few years. They now have a hair under 60 million in salary space the next two seasons and 40 million a year the three years after that. An all they are eating is 11 million in cash.

Plus, they get two 22yo good to very good pitching prospects.

Meh, the accomplished what they wanted - to get worse but save money doing it.

Now trade the Cubs Ellsbury, Pedroia, Miller, and Bard.

Meh, the accomplished what they wanted - to get worse but save money doing it.

Now trade the Cubs Ellsbury, Pedroia, Miller, and Bard.

Did you see him pitch this year?

Seriously, think about what the Sox did.

If on Saturday you heard the Dodgers were getting A-Gon, but also had to take Crawford (100+ million remaining on contract), Beckett (31+ million) remaining and Punto ( :confused0082:).

It would seem like a fair deal. The Dodgers get a very good player in A-Gon and a good, but over paid player in Crawford (when healthy) and an enigmatic pitcher in Beckett that can be dominating. The Sox would be weaker, but would free 60 million a year in salary the next two years and 40 million a year from 2015-2017. A win-win for both teams.

Then factor in the Sox received two 22-23yo good-to-very good pitching prospects and two other decent prospects it is a definite win for the Sox.

Did you see him pitch this year?

Yeah, so? That's why he's 4th. Make that 5th after Buchholz.

It's not a definite win for the Red Sox unless you care about contract money. Even then, in my eyes all the Dodgers did was add Adrian Gonzalez, Hanley Ramirez, Josh Beckett, and Carl Crawford to a team that already had arguably (is it?) the two best players in the NL right now in Kemp and Kershaw.

The Red Sox meanwhile land a pitching *prospect* who's never thrown more than 110 innings in a season and will be coming off of TJ surgery. I like Rubby de la Rosa a whole lot, but not enough that he wins this trade. Webster is decent but nothing special, a solid utility prospect in DeJesus Jr., and a decent LF prospect in Sands. It's a solid haul of prospects and I think they're all going to have roles in the majors, but nothing I'd be bragging about after losing a top tier player at 1B, a fallen ace who isn't old or injured, and a guy who was one of the 8 or so best players in the league just two years ago and has averaged almost 5 WAR a season in his career.

Yeah, so? That's why he's 4th. Make that 5th after Buchholz.

It's not a definite win for the Red Sox unless you care about contract money. Even then, in my eyes all the Dodgers did was add Adrian Gonzalez, Hanley Ramirez, Josh Beckett, and Carl Crawford to a team that already had arguably (is it?) the two best players in the NL right now in Kemp and Kershaw.

The Red Sox meanwhile land a pitching *prospect* who's never thrown more than 110 innings in a season and will be coming off of TJ surgery. I like Rubby de la Rosa a whole lot, but not enough that he wins this trade. Webster is decent but nothing special, a solid utility prospect in DeJesus Jr., and a decent LF prospect in Sands. It's a solid haul of prospects and I think they're all going to have roles in the majors, but nothing I'd be bragging about after losing a top tier player at 1B, a fallen ace who isn't old or injured, and a guy who was one of the 8 or so best players in the league just two years ago and has averaged almost 5 WAR a season in his career.

Again, the Sox got rid of 270+ million in salary and only had to pay 11 million. If the Dodgers assumed those contracts and did not send the Sox anything I would have been happy.

Yet, they got 4 prospects. Maybe the turn into something or maybe they are flipped in a future trade, but Sox received four decent prospects that have value.

I think the trade is a win-win, but the cost to the Sox (A-Gon) hurts, but is not that bad considering they got rid a good player/bad contract (Crawford) and a pariah in BEckett.

Archived