Jets to acquire Rams Jason Smith

bear

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This move makes no sense. Jason Smith is worse than Wayne Hunter. Atleast Hunter could have played a blocking TE. And they could have waited a short while to pick Jason Smith up.

At first I was thinking along these lines but then I said **** it, it's the Jets.

Funny the guy that ended up packing bags was Hunter and not Holmes after all that jazz. Yeah yeah I get Holmes is uncuttable/tradable.

Anyway maybe sometimes it can be change of scenery.

At first I was thinking along these lines but then I said **** it, it's the Jets.

Funny the guy that ended up packing bags was Hunter and not Holmes after all that jazz. Yeah yeah I get Holmes is uncuttable/tradable.

Anyway maybe sometimes it can be change of scenery.

It was tough to think the OL depth could take a step back but it just did!

Excerpt:

Right tackle is a different story. Smith is back from his third concussion in as many years, but is being pushed by free-agent acquisition Barry Richardson. Smith was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2009 draft, but has been disappointing through three years. He’s a stout run blocker, but hasn’t done well in pass protection.

Link

http://www.examiner.com/article/rams-have-question-marks-on-both-sides-of-the-line

I'm failing to see the benefit of this move. I get the Jets not wanting to pay Hunter his guaranteed $2.5M, but I don't get exchanging him for a different bust guaranteed $4M. Smith's concussion history is concerning, too.

Archived