MJD is not coming back to the Jags. Do you trade Tebow and a pick for MJD?

BlackDynamite

Personally? No. Not worth the picks, player and ultimately contract that he'll want at his advanced NFL age. That, and running backs who miss a full offseason of football work, usually are a wash that season. However, the question is, would Jacksonville do it? Before they saw Gabbert play this preseason, possibly. Now? Definitely not. For everything good that Tebow is, he's just not a classic quarterback and would not fit as well as Blaine does in Malarkey's new system.

Looks like the admin can't read very well......ok.....

MJD is in no hurry to come back. He led the NFL in rushing last year. The Jets could use a better rusher. Jacksonville LOVES Tebow. The Jags are trying to get people to watch their sorry team......

BD

If Jacksonville LOVED Tim Tebow, Tim Tebow would be a Jacksonville Jaguar.

Looks like the admin can't read very well......ok.....

MJD is in no hurry to come back. He led the NFL in rushing last year. The Jets could use a better rusher. Jacksonville LOVES Tebow. The Jags are trying to get people to watch their sorry team......

BD

We read fine. Just not constantly. Try pm-ing us next time you need something done quickly.

If anybody has a better combo than MJD and this defense, I'm all ears.....

BD

So you're willing to give him the huge contract he's looking for?? Because he's not going to play for us without one. Then, once he gets said contract, he's coming in without having participated in a meaningful football practice/game in half a year, not only to a new offense for himself, but a relatively new one for the rest of the team and you expect him to drastically change this team?? Players typically do not have a good track record of performance after a full off-season holdout. Running backs have an even worse track record of coming back. Essentially this season would be a wash and then we'd be stuck with maybe one really good year out of him and three years of garbage tied to a huge contract. That's how franchises get set back, by handing out big money to players on their last contract.

He's 27, so he has a good three years left in him. He's only been a starting RB for 3 years, so he's in his prime.

You still have Greene if there are any issues with him.

If you want to be a "Ground and Pound" team, be the best team you can be, don't settle.....

BD

He's 27, so he has a good three years left in him. He's only been a starting RB for 3 years, so he's in his prime.

You still have Greene if there are any issues with him.

If you want to be a "Ground and Pound" team, be the best team you can be, don't settle.....

BD

How did Chris Johnson look when he ended his holdout? Revis took half a year to get it together when he ended his. It's likely that anyone who signs MJD is going to be paying thru the nose for a mediocre year. Then, by your calculations, he'd have two good years left in him.

Without even trying you're making the case for why signing a RB to his second contract is the worst deal in football.

Jets will run the ball by committee this year. If thats not good enough, I hope they take a RB high next year. They can draft a mid first rounder and sign him for four years for the cost of what MJD wants for a single season.

Rex and Tannenbaum won't have next year, if things keep going this direction.

I didn't know so many people think MJD is done after leading the league last year.

Learn something new every day.

I think MJD + Greene as a back up, with this defense, wins 11 games this season

BD

We need to add SOME talent at the position, why not an elite, rested talent?

We're a G&P team with no Ground game and if we're going to be successful we need to get something before the trade deadline. I'm not saying trade Tebow, that would make the FO look silly...but SOME move has to be made.

We're considered one of the worst offenses in the league, imo we can't afford to turn our backs on MJD.

Rex and Tannenbaum won't have next year, if things keep going this direction.

I didn't know so many people think MJD is done after leading the league last year.

Learn something new every day.

I think MJD + Greene as a back up, with this defense, wins 11 games this season

BD

MJD is way to expensive, plus after the way Gabbert's playing, highly doubt that they would trade him for Tebow. They might give him up for a 3rd round pick though.

MJD is way to expensive, plus after the way Gabbert's playing, highly doubt that they would trade him for Tebow. They might give him up for a 3rd round pick though.

If they were looking for a thrid round pick he would have been in someone training camp 2 weeks ago.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/418808-nfl-history-top-10-running-backs-who-broke-through-the-30-year-old-wall#/articles/418808-nfl-history-top-10-running-backs-who-broke-through-the-30-year-old-wall

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DrewMa00.htm

MJD is 27 Its not a reach to say he can be productive for the next 4 - 5 years . The first link shows how many backs had some very productive years after the age of 30 and most of those backs were full time players as soon as they came into the league. Jones Drew was clearly a part timer his first 3 years as you can see in the second link.

If he was averaging 300 + carries all 6 of his years in the NFL I would agree it would be a risk to sign him.

My case for signing Jones Drew is simple our backs stink and are not a threat to receive the ball out of the backfield Drew would add an entire dimension to this offense and give us instant respect. Teams would not be able to tee off on Sanchez and they also would not be able to just sit back in coverage either they would actually have to game plan to stop Jones Drew opening up the entire offense . If you thought last year was bad this year is going to be that much worse since LT who was decent to good is now gone. Powell and McKnight were both on the roster last year and could not beat out a washed up LT what does that tell you going into this season ?

I think the Jets Defense is going to take a big step forward and I do not think we should squander that opportunity by going into this season with a half assed running game which laughably is supposed to be the strength of this offense. This organization needs to grow some balls and make a move that will make us SB contenders now. **** what Jones Drew does after hes 30 if we can get 3 solid years out of him then the 4 or 5 year deal was well worth it.

http://bleacherrepor...0-year-old-wall

http://www.pro-footb.../D/DrewMa00.htm

MJD is 27 Its not a reach to say he can be productive for the next 4 - 5 years . The first link shows how many backs had some very productive years after the age of 30 and most of those backs were full time players as soon as they came into the league. Jones Drew was clearly a part timer his first 3 years as you can see in the second link.

If he was averaging 300 + carries all 6 of his years in the NFL I would agree it would be a risk to sign him.

My case for signing Jones Drew is simple our backs stink and are not a threat to receive the ball out of the backfield Drew would add an entire dimension to this offense and give us instant respect. Teams would not be able to tee off on Sanchez and they also would not be able to just sit back in coverage either they would actually have to game plan to stop Jones Drew opening up the entire offense . If you thought last year was bad this year is going to be that much worse since LT who was decent to good is now gone. Powell and McKnight were both on the roster last year and could not beat out a washed up LT what does that tell you going into this season ?

I think the Jets Defense is going to take a big step forward and I do not think we should squander that opportunity by going into this season with a half assed running game which laughably is supposed to be the strength of this offense. This organization needs to grow some balls and make a move that will make us SB contenders now. **** what Jones Drew does after hes 30 if we can get 3 solid years out of him then the 4 or 5 year deal was well worth it.

If we had MJD what would stop the other teams from stacking the box? With our lack of receiving talent holding back our QB how does that help?

If we had MJD what would stop the other teams from stacking the box? With our lack of receiving talent holding back our QB how does that help?

Crusher I do not think we lack receiving talent at all. I think Holmes and Hill will be a nice tandem and Keller will give us his usual. Adding Jones Drew will take a lot of pressure off the Receiving Corps IMO plus it will also give us that real threat out of the backfield we have lacked for so long. Our receiving corps has dealt with some nagging injuries in the preseason but its nothing too serious that says they wont get healthy at some point during the season. If they do we have 2 real deep threats in Hill and Schilens and I think White might just emerge as our slot guy and some feel Holmes can play in the slot at times as well. Main thing is it will let our QB play to his strength in play action something no one bit on last year because our running game sucked ass. Lets be a complete offense for once and see what Sanchez can do this is a different situation than his rookie year its time for him to step up and for this team to give him the opportunity to do so and stop holding back.

If they were looking for a thrid round pick he would have been in someone training camp 2 weeks ago.

In which case I'm even more against going for him, who knows how much we would have to give up just to get him. Not to mention the fact that he'd have to learn a whole new offense, and would also be coming off a preseason with little to no practice. Also, he's pretty expensive. If we could get him for a third round pick, I'd go for him, but its looking like they want a lot for him.

Archived