A Thread About Pancakes

Maxman

That is right, yet another in the long line of JetNation pancake threads. But this one is different because I will not be talking about maple syrup in this one. Instead I want to brag about my boy...

He is entering his senior year of high school. He is the team captain and he didn't start playing the sport until he was a Sophomore. Anyhow he had a scrimmage today in Newark. The other team ran all of 5 passing plays and he had a sack. He starts at Defensive End. He also starts at Center and that is where the pancake came in. On a running play, he drove the Nose Tackle back about 20 yards. He held the block and pancaked the kid while they were about 20 yards away from the ball.

The coaches were yelling...that is the way you block. That is the way to finish. It was pretty cool.

He is quoted in this article, the program he is in is in the process of turning it around. They have won 4 games the past two years, and that might not sound like much but I think they were win-less for a few years before that. Hoping for a great season this year.

Here he is from a photo shoot this past Sunday at Wall High School in NJ. This was for the all-shore preview that is coming out soon.

Shane2.jpg

AllShorePreview2.jpg

Sorry for the slightly off-topic thread. But what can I say, I am pretty damn proud of this kid.

No this is a private Catholic school. They all do the Tebow, lol.

I'm talking about: our coaches used to tell us that you can't hold them down, so you lay on them and throw your hands out like airplane wings so the ref sees you aren't holding... then you can rock back and forth and make airplane noises... it was always my favorite part.

Congrats!

Going into senior year means he's got that college thing coming up--is he considering playing? The first half of senior year sucks (or at least I thought it did) until the college decision gets sorted. Good luck with all that--you might need to start the VIP passes to pay for tuition haha...

Congrats!

Going into senior year means he's got that college thing coming up--is he considering playing? The first half of senior year sucks (or at least I thought it did) until the college decision gets sorted. Good luck with all that--you might need to start the VIP passes to pay for tuition haha...

Thanks!

He is just starting out the college process now. It should be fun.... :)

I remember when I met you and your son at one of the practices last year Phil. Since I had never met either of you before you told me "look for my son, he's wearing a Mangold jersey". I kept looking for a little kid wearing a Mangold jersey since I didn't know your son was so big. Congrats to him. When you describe that block, I was thinking about that scene in the Blind Side movie where Michael Oher blocked the guy all the way down the field and threw him over the fence...lol.

How come it seems like you have unlimited rep but no on else does??? would the kid be proud of you for hogging it all to yourself?

Dude you should have access to the rep system. Get in there and make that change. :)

Archived