"Russell Wilson is better than Mark Sanchez" - Braylon Edwards

JustInFudge

JetNation's favorite receiver hated Mark Sanchez.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/28/braylon-on-09-sanchez-i-see-better-things-in-seattle-third-rounder-russell-wilson/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The hits keep coming for Mark Sanchez.

New York’s starting quarterback has been under the microscope since last season’s 8-8 finishand the Jets’ subsequent acquisition of backup Tim Tebow.

The latest knock came from one of Sanchez’s favorite former targets, current Seahawks wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

Edwards was asked to compare Sanchez in his first year to third-round draft pick Russell Wilson, a rookie who was recently named Seattle’s starter.

Yahoo! Sports writer Doug Farrar tweeted on Monday: “Asked Braylon Edwards if he sees similar things in 2012 Wilson to what he saw in 2009 Sanchez: ‘I see better things.’ “

And the Giants thought Eli Manning couldn’t get any respect?

The Jets’ top pick in the 2009 draft, Sanchez threw for 2,444 yards, 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in his rookie campaign, which ended in an AFC Championship game loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Edwards, traded from Cleveland to New York early in the ’09 season, had 541 receiving yards in 12 games (11 starts) with the Jets.

It wasn’t until 2010 that the duo really clicked.

The Jets again went to the AFC Championship game — and lost, again — while Sanchez threw for 3,291 yards, 17 TDs and 13 INTs in the regular season. Meanwhile, Edwards recorded 904 receiving yards in his final season with the Jets.

This offseason, Jets were reported to have some interest in Edwards, who ultimately signed with Seattle.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is saying that then there must be a lot of truth to it.

A couple of weeks ago as i was channel surfing I saw Braylon on TeeVee. He was on Hard Knocks. He was asked who would he love to play for or something like that and his answer was "Rex Ryan". The look on Jeff Ireland's face was priceless. And Braylon did not get the Dolphins job!

He's right.

yeah is it that outlandish of a statement? It is a bitter statement from a guy who probably wishes he was in NY.

These teams will play each other IN Seattle and that's going to be a very tough game. that stadium is a beast on the road, it's like how Arrowhead used to be when the Chiefs were good. The crowd is basically on top of the players. The Jets only game outside of EST actually. (I have that game chalked up as a loss, truth be told. Good thing I am not on the team)

Who has more catches this season: Holmes or Braylon?

Intriguing. I'll go with Holmes. I think Doug Baldwin will become Russell Wilson's favorite target, followed by Sidney Rice and Kellen Winslow, followed by Braylon fighting for balls when Wilson isn't checking down to Marshawn Lynch or Robert Turbin. Holmes by pure volume should produce despite the heavy run emphasis.

yeah is it that outlandish of a statement? It is a bitter statement from a guy who probably wishes he was in NY.

These teams will play each other IN Seattle and that's going to be a very tough game. that stadium is a beast on the road, it's like how Arrowhead used to be when the Chiefs were good. The crowd is basically on top of the players. The Jets only game outside of EST actually. (I have that game chalked up as a loss, truth be told. Good thing I am not on the team)

BINGO!!!! You're right on target there matt-Braylon has been Jet-bashing since he was let go. WTHBS, does Sanchez suck? This is the year we get to have that one answered

Intriguing. I'll go with Holmes. I think Doug Baldwin will become Russell Wilson's favorite target, followed by Sidney Rice and Kellen Winslow, followed by Braylon fighting for balls when Wilson isn't checking down to Marshawn Lynch or Robert Turbin. Holmes by pure volume should produce despite the heavy run emphasis.

I'm gonna go with Holmes, too, if only because I think he'll show up as the only real target Sanchez has other than Keller. That said, the Holmes storyline could be the most entertaining thing to happen to New York sports since Pascual Perez.

JetNation's favorite receiver hated Mark Sanchez.

http://newyork.cbslo...russell-wilson/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The hits keep coming for Mark Sanchez.

New York’s starting quarterback has been under the microscope since last season’s 8-8 finishand the Jets’ subsequent acquisition of backup Tim Tebow.

The latest knock came from one of Sanchez’s favorite former targets, current Seahawks wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

Edwards was asked to compare Sanchez in his first year to third-round draft pick Russell Wilson, a rookie who was recently named Seattle’s starter.

Yahoo! Sports writer Doug Farrar tweeted on Monday: “Asked Braylon Edwards if he sees similar things in 2012 Wilson to what he saw in 2009 Sanchez: ‘I see better things.’ “

And the Giants thought Eli Manning couldn’t get any respect?

The Jets’ top pick in the 2009 draft, Sanchez threw for 2,444 yards, 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in his rookie campaign, which ended in an AFC Championship game loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Edwards, traded from Cleveland to New York early in the ’09 season, had 541 receiving yards in 12 games (11 starts) with the Jets.

It wasn’t until 2010 that the duo really clicked.

The Jets again went to the AFC Championship game — and lost, again — while Sanchez threw for 3,291 yards, 17 TDs and 13 INTs in the regular season. Meanwhile, Edwards recorded 904 receiving yards in his final season with the Jets.

This offseason, Jets were reported to have some interest in Edwards, who ultimately signed with Seattle.

didnt edwards have 18 drops one season while in cleveland ,yet he still bashes his old q,bs kinda funny . exsp since the dude had like 200 yds last yr

It may be bitter as all hell but it is the truth. Russell Wilson is looking like a future elite qb and is looking like he might have a Newton esq year. Definitely better than Sanchize.

This is absurd. First of all, he's probably not lying. Second of all, what else is he supposed to say?

Remember what Tone said when he first came to the Jets and was asked the same exact question about Sanchez? He said he believed Sanchez was BETTER THAN BIG BEN!

So, that pretty much says it all.

This is absurd. First of all, he's probably not lying. Second of all, what else is he supposed to say?

Remember what Tone said when he first came to the Jets and was asked the same exact question about Sanchez? He said he believed Sanchez was BETTER THAN BIG BEN!

So, that pretty much says it all.

Now that is bitter as all hell. Wilson looks good and definitely better then Sanchez, but their is no way in hell Sanchez would be better or look better than Big Ben.

Archived