Jay Fiedler Press Conference Transcripts

Maxman

Sorry this came in awhile ago and I just saw it in my inbox now:

March 11, 2005

An interview with:

JAY FIEDLER

RON COLANGELO: Thanks for joining us. We would like to announce today that the New York Jets have signed quarterback Jay Fiedler.

At this time I'd like to introduce Jay. We'd like to open it up for questions.

Q. What does it mean to kind of come back home and be able to play with a team you grew up rooting for?

JAY FIEDLER: Well, I'm excited. You know, my career's really come full circle now. You know, this is going to be my 10th year in the NFL; it will be my fifth team. Finally making it back home.

Q. Welcome home.

JAY FIEDLER: Thank you.

Q. Talk about this situation obviously knowing that Chad is here, but his situation might be up in the air with his recovery. Aside from coming home, what made this an enticing situation for you?

JAY FIEDLER: Well, I think the biggest part of it was the Jets' enthusiasm for having me here. I visited three teams. All of them were somewhat similar situations, especially the last two situations with Chicago and the Jets here. Starting quarterback's coming back. Here, Chad, I know he's the starter. He's done a great job over the last few years being the starter. I know that from playing against him twice every year. I know his shoulder situation right now, and that's going to allow me to come in and get a lot of work throughout the off

It's a great story. Him growing up as a Jets fan and now becoming a Jet. He actually reminds me alot of Pat Ryan. Kind of same the guy in many ways.

I've never been a big fan of Fiedlers. Always thought he was just an average QB but he's a very good and smart person.

As a paranoid Jets fan. I am wondering if he knows something about Chad Pennington's shoulder that we don't.

You never know, Fiedler could start this season as The Jets starter. It's amazing that Pennington played with that injury,.

I love feedback on stuff like this..what do you want him to say...I am the real leader of this team. chad sucks, coles sucks and Herm should be fired??????? please going through the motions here. At some point your eyes need to open up

Archived