So now that we have seen the pre-season and the roster is set

shawn306

I can't see this team winning more than 5 games.

Week 1 – 9/9/12: Buffalo Bills at New York Jets 1 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 2 - 9/16/12: New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 3 - 9/23/12: New York Jets at Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 4 – 9/30/12: San Francisco 49ers at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, Fox – Tickets L

Week 5 - 10/8/12: Houston Texans at New York Jets 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN – Tickets L

Week 6 - 10/14/12: Indianapolis Colts at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 7 - 10/21/12: New York Jets at New England Patriots 4:15 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 8 - 10/28/12: Miami Dolphins at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 9: – Bye Week

Week 10 - 11/11/12: New York Jets at Seattle Seahawks 4:05 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 11 - 11/18/12: New York Jets at St. Louis Rams 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 12 - 11/22/12: New England Patriots at New York Jets 8:20 p.m., NBC – Tickets L

Week 13 – 12/2/12: Arizona Cardinals at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, Fox – Tickets L

Week 14 – 12/9/12: New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 15 - 12/17/12: New York Jets at Tennessee Titans 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN – Tickets L

Week 16 – 12/23/12: San Diego Chargers at New York Jets 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC – Tickets L

Week 17 - 12/30/12: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. ET CBS – Tickets L

Might as well get ready for Hockey

Well, at least we'll have 1 win in the division.

Yeah, the sweep by Buffalo is about all you need to see of this one. Although the cause isn't being helped by the Jets apparently losing to a team, at home, who has never in their history beaten them (the Texans), a west coast team playing a 1:00 game on the east coast (49ers), and another western (although not west coast) team, who sucks ass to boot, playing a 1:00 east coast game (Cardinals). There's an argument that could be made for plenty of other games as well (e.g., home game vs the Chargers), but considering this is supposed to be an "at best" list, the idea that the Jets allegedly have no possible chance of beating any of those teams is outright laughable.

Yeah, the sweep by Buffalo is about all you need to see of this one. Although the cause isn't being helped by the Jets apparently losing to a team, at home, who has never in their history beaten them (the Texans), a west coast team playing a 1:00 game on the east coast (49ers), and another western (although not west coast) team, who sucks ass to boot, playing a 1:00 east coast game (Cardinals). There's an argument that could be made for plenty of other games as well (e.g., home game vs the Chargers), but considering this is supposed to be an "at best" list, the idea that the Jets allegedly have no possible chance of beating any of those teams is outright laughable.

oh come on now if you think we have any chance of beating the 49ers thats rediculous. I see our offense scoring more points for the other team then for the jets that game.

oh come on now if you think we have any chance of beating the 49ers thats rediculous. I see our offense scoring more points for the other team then for the jets that game.

Both teams are a sh*tty offense paired with a great defense, but in the Jets case, they're at home while the 49ers are a west coast team traveling to the east for a 1:00 PM kickoff, which historically speaking all of the statistical evidence says gives them a major disadvantage in their ability to win the game. That's not to say the 49ers can't win, but to think it's an absolute definite that they do is more about "woe is me" than analyzing the facts.

Both teams are a sh*tty offense paired with a great defense, but in the Jets case, they're at home while the 49ers are a west coast team traveling to the east for a 1:00 PM kickoff, which historically speaking all of the statistical evidence says gives them a major disadvantage in their ability to win the game. That's not to say the 49ers can't win, but to think it's an absolute definite that they do is more about "woe is me" than analyzing the facts.

idk man i think your greatly underestimating the 49ers. I reckon they have a slight edge on defense and i believe a great advantage on offense compared to our anemic offense. They were one of the best teams in the league last year and lost in the playoffs with special teams. They have gotten better so i dont see how a non contender is gonna beat those guys.

idk man i think your greatly underestimating the 49ers. I reckon they have a slight edge on defense and i believe a great advantage on offense compared to our anemic offense. They were one of the best teams in the league last year and lost in the playoffs with special teams. They have gotten better so i dont see how a non contender is gonna beat those guys.

The 49ers don't have a "great advantage" on offense compared to anyone. They suck ass. Consider that all of last season the 49ers scored a grand total of 3 more points than the Jets (and the Jets were actually ranked ahead of them in total offense), despite the Jets completely collapsing down the stretch and the fact that the 49ers play in the atrocious NFC West. The truth is last year's 49ers team was nothing more than that season's version of the 2009/2010 Jets. There's certainly a chance the 49ers win that game, but when you consider all of that combined with the distinct advantage that comes with being a home team in a 1 PM game against a west coast team, it's far from a sure thing.

The 49ers don't have a "great advantage" on offense compared to anyone. They suck ass. Consider that all of last season the 49ers scored a grand total of 3 more points than the Jets (and the Jets were actually ranked ahead of them in total offense), despite the Jets completely collapsing down the stretch and the fact that the 49ers play in the atrocious NFC West. The truth is last year's 49ers team was nothing more than that season's version of the 2009/2010 Jets. There's certainly a chance the 49ers win that game, but when you consider all of that combined with the distinct advantage that comes with being a home team in a 1 PM game against a west coast team, it's far from a sure thing.

they revamped this year man look at the weapons they have on offense now. I look at it this way. The 49ers do everything the jets want to be doing a little bit better. They had a nasty defense last year and mediocore offense (ranked 11 in points per game). Now with a confident alex smith and brand new recievers/rbs they are looking good. Hey the jets can probably be good on defense during that game, but our offense has absoltuley zero chance of moving the ball much against their D. And like what happens most close games to us late in the game when our defense is tired we fall apart.

they revamped this year man look at the weapons they have on offense now. I look at it this way. The 49ers do everything the jets want to be doing a little bit better. They had a nasty defense last year and mediocore offense (ranked 11 in points per game). Now with a confident alex smith and brand new recievers/rbs they are looking good. Hey the jets can probably be good on defense during that game, but our offense has absoltuley zero chance of moving the ball much against their D. And like what happens most close games to us late in the game when our defense is tired we fall apart.

The weapons on offense? You mean their all-star additions of Mario Manningham and the same Randy Moss who spent a year out of the league, was an absolute disaster the year before that and had 3 catches for 24 yards this preseason? Again, I see absolutely nothing from that offense that says they are anything more than crap, and the 3 more points they scored than the Jets last year over a 16 game period against far worse competition does nothing to make me think the Jets D has anything to fear.

The weapons on offense? You mean their all-star additions of Mario Manningham and the same Randy Moss who spent a year out of the league, was an absolute disaster the year before that and had 3 catches for 24 yards this preseason? Again, I see absolutely nothing from that offense that says they are anything more than crap, and the 3 more points they scored than the Jets last year over a 16 game period against far worse competition does nothing to make me think the Jets D has anything to fear.

manningham, moss, crabtree, davis, is actually really solid I dont get where there bad. Also frank gore is a monster add in with lamicheal james they pretty explosive. But i looked at some of the games they played and im not seeing this inferior talent. Maybe they played inferior teams but they did not play inferior defense. I see they played baltimore, seatle twice, the giants, redskins,and steelers, all good defenses. Jets played similar games but also some against the patriots and others who hey are a great team but their defense is atrocious.

Also frank gore is a monster

A monster who is going to hit the wall. And Gore is also exactly the kind of RB we're built to stop. Our big slow LB's can handle an old, slow back. Vernon Davis is the only weapon they have that scares me at all.

Whoever creates the most turnovers wins that one.

A monster who is going to hit the wall. And Gore is also exactly the kind of RB we're built to stop. Our big slow LB's can handle an old, slow back. Vernon Davis is the only weapon they have that scares me at all.

Whoever creates the most turnovers wins that one.

i kinda agree. I think he still has a little left in the tank and or he is just going to be good because of their oline and running schemes. Vernon davis is going to be a nightmare for us. BTW suppousedly the 2nd string RB on the 49ers is pretty good i dont know his name but he had a good preseason i think.

The 49ers defense will put Sanchez in the fetal position for life.

lmfao

The 49'ers are going to come back to earth. No way they cause as many turnovers as they did last year again this season. I still think they have one of the best D's in the league, but I dont think they are having a season like they did last year.

And their offense is horrible, dont care who they added this season.

I think they are going to be a highly beatable team and see them more like a 9-10 win team.

The 49ers defense will put Sanchez in the fetal position for life.

Just curious, what evidence do you have to suggest that the same exact sentence couldn't be stated while instead using "Jets" and "Smith"? The argument has never been that the Jets offense is anything short of awful, it's just that there's little to suggest that the 49ers is any better. You know, outside of those three extra points they scored while playing the NFC West.

I can't see this team winning more than 5 games.

Week 1 – 9/9/12: Buffalo Bills at New York Jets 1 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 2 - 9/16/12: New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 3 - 9/23/12: New York Jets at Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 4 – 9/30/12: San Francisco 49ers at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, Fox – Tickets L

Week 5 - 10/8/12: Houston Texans at New York Jets 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN – Tickets L

Week 6 - 10/14/12: Indianapolis Colts at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 7 - 10/21/12: New York Jets at New England Patriots 4:15 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets L

Week 8 - 10/28/12: Miami Dolphins at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 9: – Bye Week

Week 10 - 11/11/12: New York Jets at Seattle Seahawks 4:05 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 11 - 11/18/12: New York Jets at St. Louis Rams 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 12 - 11/22/12: New England Patriots at New York Jets 8:20 p.m., NBC – Tickets L

Week 13 – 12/2/12: Arizona Cardinals at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET, Fox – Tickets L

Week 14 – 12/9/12: New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 p.m. ET, CBS – Tickets W

Week 15 - 12/17/12: New York Jets at Tennessee Titans 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN – Tickets L

Week 16 – 12/23/12: San Diego Chargers at New York Jets 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC – Tickets L

Week 17 - 12/30/12: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. ET CBS – Tickets L

Might as well get ready for Hockey

http://forums.jetnation.com/

Just curious, what evidence do you have to suggest that the same exact sentence couldn't be stated while instead using "Jets" and "Smith"? The argument has never been that the Jets offense is anything short of awful, it's just that there's little to suggest that the 49ers is any better. You know, outside of those three extra points they scored while playing the NFC West.

Where did I say anything about Alex Smith?

i kinda agree. I think he still has a little left in the tank and or he is just going to be good because of their oline and running schemes. Vernon davis is going to be a nightmare for us. BTW suppousedly the 2nd string RB on the 49ers is pretty good i dont know his name but he had a good preseason i think.

Kendall Hunter.

Archived