ESPN.com '12 NFL Preview & Predictions - SHOCKER!!!

BlackDynamite

http://espn.go.com/n...redictions-2012

The clowns at ESPN.com, who have spent all summer riding the Jets jock like Jenna Jamison, have decided that NOT ONE OF THEM can pick the Jets to make the Playoffs!

Merrill Hoge has them winning FIVE GAMES?

Mike and Mike six

HERE'S THE SHOCKER!!

Half the staff have the BUFFALO BILLS, the team that allowed 140+ yards a game rushing last season, and the team the Jets have beaten 5 straight times, to make the Playoffs instead?

In other words, they say the Jets are now the third best team in the AFC East

Really?

The Bills are now better? Based on what?

The clowns at ESPN.com, who have spent all summer riding the Jets jock like Jenna Jamison, have decided that NOT ONE OF THEM can pick the Jets to make the Playoffs!

Mike and Mike six

HERE'S THE SHOCKER!!

Half the staff have the BUFFALO BILLS, the team that allowed 140+ yards a game rushing last season, and the team the Jets have beaten 5 straight times, to make the Playoffs instead?

Really?

Whats funny is the teams that had top notch defenses like Tampa Bay back in the Sapp Days and The Ravens never had offenses to speak of and I would not be going too far out on a limb to say our offense might actully be a little better than those I mentioned, yet they were always picked to win 12 games and win their divisions. The Jets however, with a perrenial top 5 defense, looking like this year may be even better than the first year Rex was here, gets no mention from these idiots at all. This is why you never listen to these guys because very few of them have a clue and very few of them really analyze every team... they pump out the bullsh*t the producers give them and thats about it.

Can we get Jim Harbaugh to coach this team?

Our defense will be as good or almost as good as the Niners last year. Our talent on offense is not worse, if anything it's better. So wtf is the issue? (And yes, the Niners got to play the Seahawks, Cardinals and Rams six times last year, but we get all four of them this year)

We can be this years Niners (who if not for Ginn's injury would have been in the SB) can't we? What is the issue?

It's turnovers isn't it?

Mike and Mike six

HERE'S THE SHOCKER!!

Really?

Bills did more to fix their team in the off-season. Kind of obvious if you ask me.

Bills did more to fix their team in the off-season. Kind of obvious if you ask me.

While it's possible the Bills turn it around this year, I think their offseason has been vastly overrated. Outside of the Mario Williams signing, I don't see anything all that special about it. I'm just a bit hesitant to buy into a couple of moves doing magic for a team who hasn't had a winning season in 8 years (when they lost to another team's backups in week 17 to miss out on the playoffs) and have not made the playoffs in 13 years.

While it's possible the Bills turn it around this year, I think their offseason has been vastly overrated. Outside of the Mario Williams signing, I don't see anything all that special about it. I'm just a bit hesitant to buy into a couple of moves doing magic for a team who hasn't had a winning season in 8 years (when they lost to another team's backups in week 17 to miss out on the playoffs) and have not made the playoffs in 13 years.

That's fine. I'm just saying the Bills getting a great plug by a writer isn't surprising considering they addressed their needs in the offseason, while the Jets got Tebow and didn't really address any areas of need other than safety. Oh, and the whole ZERO offense in the preseason thing.

I'm not saying this stuff reflects the likely outcome. I'm saying it informs articles like this.

That's fine. I'm just saying the Bills getting a great plug by a writer isn't surprising considering they addressed their needs in the offseason, while the Jets got Tebow and didn't really address any areas of need other than safety. Oh, and the whole ZERO offense in the preseason thing.

I'm not saying this stuff reflects the likely outcome. I'm saying it informs articles like this.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying and forgetting the mess that is the Jets for a moment, I just find it funny that some people haven't learned better with the Bills. How many years in a row are we going to hear that this is finally the year they turn it around? Then everyone creams themselves at the beginning of the season when Fitz knows how to play football as long as the temperature is above 75 degrees before they start to suck all over again.

That's fine. I'm just saying the Bills getting a great plug by a writer isn't surprising considering they addressed their needs in the offseason

What did they do to address the sieve that is their run defense? They gave up over 140 yards a game last year/

Run defense isn't as important as it used to be, but if you can't stop the run, that means 3rd and 2 you can't get off the field.

That's kind of important, especially if the Jets want to run the ball down your throat, and Tim Tebow is gonna run Wildcat on your weak defense 10-15 times a game.

Can they beat the Jets ONCE before saying they're better this year?

BD

Yeah, I hear what you're saying and forgetting the mess that is the Jets for a moment, I just find it funny that some people haven't learned better with the Bills. How many years in a row are we going to hear that this is finally the year they turn it around? Then everyone creams themselves at the beginning of the season when Fitz knows how to play football as long as the temperature is above 75 degrees before they start to suck all over again.

Haha... yeah, totally agree.

What did they do to address the sieve that is their run defense? They gave up over 140 yards a game last year/

Run defense isn't as important as it used to be, but if you can't stop the run, that means 3rd and 2 you can't get off the field.

That's kind of important, especially if the Jets want to run the ball down your throat, and Tim Tebow is gonna run Wildcat on your weak defense 10-15 times a game.

BD

Thanks, I did not know any of this.

Mike and Mike six

HERE'S THE SHOCKER!!

Really?

What does any of this have to with 2012? Nothing.

Maybe the Tebow signing going against last year's Bills D would have been great, but Tebow, if he gets the ball, is going against a D that now has Williams, Mark Anderson and a 2nd year player Dareus will a full off season. FWIW, the Bills one win in the last half of the season was against Teebow's Broncos.

From what I have seen of the Jets is that their D looks good, but that offense has looked horrendous. A return to health of Jackson and an improved D from the Bills, the Bills jumping the Jets would not be a surprise if the jets' O continues to look norrendous.

The Bills' D might still suck, but they add a great player, a good player and have a top draft pick that can be a monster if his drive match his potential.

In all fairness, they did improve their pass rush with Coples, the overall speed of the defense by drafting guys like davis and allen and as you mentioned, addition of bell and landry is looking to be a big improvement.

The majority of the moves we made in the offseason where done to directly impact the speed of our defense and basically our sub-packages. We haven't even begun to see the ramifications that these additions will have on our defense. From what I've seen out of the defensive unit this far, without specific gameplanning and multiple subpackages installed, I will be absolutely shocked if we finish outside of the #1 overall defense.

The continued fellating of the Patriots is what is more appalling.

How many more ways must the Patriots fail in the postseason over the last 7 years before these sports media pundits get it through their skull that the Pats aren't winning another one?

Whats funny is the teams that had top notch defenses like Tampa Bay back in the Sapp Days and The Ravens never had offenses to speak of and I would not be going too far out on a limb to say our offense might actully be a little better than those I mentioned, yet they were always picked to win 12 games and win their divisions. The Jets however, with a perrenial top 5 defense, looking like this year may be even better than the first year Rex was here, gets no mention from these idiots at all. This is why you never listen to these guys because very few of them have a clue and very few of them really analyze every team... they pump out the bullsh*t the producers give them and thats about it.

better offensivly is different. You see our offense turns the ball over and goes 3 and out a bunch of times. I dont care how good the defense is but when the offense doesnt help out like the jets the defense will suffer.

How many more ways must the Patriots fail in the postseason over the last 7 years before these sports media pundits get it through their skull that the Pats aren't winning another one?

lee-corso1.jpg

While that could very well happen, the Patriots now have one of the youngest Ds in the league.

The team no longer has an old and slow D.

Now, it remains to be seen if it will be much if any better than the D we had last year, but they do have that dreaded "p" word in potential.

Chandler Jones and Dontae Hightower looked very good in preseason play. Even Jermaine Cunningham and Ron Brace looked good. Now, it is time to see what they can really do.

While I cannot say their door has not closed, you cannot say it has either. If their D develops into a much better unit, they will be Superbowl contenders.

If Brady can take a team with a historically bad pass D to the Superbowl, then until he drops off from being one of the top 5 QBs, they will be contenders.

Will he get a 4th ring? I do not know, but I would be surprised if he did not go once or two times more.

Brady going back to the SB "once or two times more" says more about weaker AFC competition than anything else.

And, congrats, Pats fans, your team changed an old and slow D for a young sucky one. Youth doesn't make a D good. That's been the Pat apologist mantra the last 2 years that somehow young & suck will morph into vet & good. That D will still suck this year and still will rely on Brady's brilliance to bail it out.

When Brady can't bail them out they'll either lose or luck out that an opposing WR drops an easy game winning TD in the endzone.

Brady going back to the SB "once or two times more" says more about weaker AFC competition than anything else.

And, congrats, Pats fans, your team changed an old and slow D for a young sucky one. Youth doesn't make a D good. That's been the Pat apologist mantra the last 2 years that somehow young & suck will morph into vet & good. That D will still suck this year and still will rely on Brady's brilliance to bail it out.

When Brady can't bail them out they'll either lose or luck out that an opposing WR drops an easy game winning TD in the endzone.

The Pats have not won another SB because their defense is not the big play defense it used to be. That being said they showed signs of real improvement towards the end of last season and in the playoffs and with the draft they had that scares the hell out of me with Belichick putting more focus on the D.

One thing you have to give Belichick credit for is he knows how to change out players at peak value and he rebuilt the team on the fly. The Jets on the other hand hold on to players until they are ready for wheel chairs and do a terrible job managing personnel. They make the big FA plays when they should not and ignore them when they should.

After already having three Brady INTs called back on fabricated penalties.

These clowns on ESPN are all a bunch of jackwagons!

And didn't Eli Manning and the Giants not only go to Lambeau and win, but like blow the Packers out?

I like how they all have the Packers as some kind of Super Bowl lock. Based on what?

Tom Lady will win the Super Bowl, as long as Eli doesn't feel like beating him again

Rodgers the same thing.....

BD

I'm really not surprised and I agree with their predictions. The Jets D will be OK to above average. The linebackers are pretty average at best (slow too) and other teams are going to attack that. Our offense has no talent anywhere and we will struggle to score all year. The only X factor is if Sanchez plays top 5 like which can cover up a lot of the warts on this offense.

Mike and Mike six

HERE'S THE SHOCKER!!

Really?

The Bills had issues on both sides of the ball last season, and they tried to address those in the off/preseason through FA and the draft. They will have an entirely different defensive look since they NOT only have a new DC but will also run a base 4-3. They have also significantly upgraded their OT position.

The Jets, OTOH, really didn't address their holes, most grievously, their RT situation. They still have slow LBs. They still have only 2 NFL caliber WRs as the WR they drafted in the 2nd is a project who wouldn't be starting on most teams.

They introduced a QB controversy without significantly improving their QB situation. Only Tebots think Timmy Tebow is a viable alternative to Mark Sanchez as a starter, but Sanchez has NOT played well.

While they improved their defensive line, their defensive rookies haven't been good enough to break into the starting line up.

Can we get Jim Harbaugh to coach this team?

Our defense will be as good or almost as good as the Niners last year. Our talent on offense is not worse, if anything it's better. So wtf is the issue? (And yes, the Niners got to play the Seahawks, Cardinals and Rams six times last year, but we get all four of them this year)

We can be this years Niners (who if not for Ginn's injury would have been in the SB) can't we? What is the issue?

It's turnovers isn't it?

The Jets talent on offense is significantly worse than the Niners' talent. The Jets OL is NOT as good. The Jets don't have a RB even half as good as Frank Gore. Finally, Alex Smith played a whole lot better last season than Mark Sanchez.

What happened in previous seasons doesn't mean it will always happen, especially in the NFL. How'd the Jets do in the playoffs last season?

The Texans had never made the playoffs in their history prior to last season, so how did they manage to make them in 2011? Maybe because they'd been busily adding pieces to their team for a couple of years, and then hired a great DC who successfully changed them from a defensive doormat to a defensive juggernaut in 1 season?

BD

I'm NOT sure why you continue to think that the Bills revamped defense cannot stop the run. Again, this is NOT the same Bills defense from previous years as the Jets will find out opening day.

FTR, the guy who actually brought the WC into the NFL was David Lee, the Bills QB coach, NOT Tony Sparano, the Jets OC.

The Pats tried to fill their holes in the off/preseason just like the Bills did. They cut Ochocinco and signed FA WR Brandon Lloyd. They extended Hernandez. Their top two defensive picks look as good as advertised and will at least be in the defensive rotation if NOT starting, and I think that Jones has been considered a beast.

Again, what happened in the past does NOT dictate the future in the NFL.

Anyone that knows the AFC East knows that the Jets are physical and the Bills are a bitch ass finesse team. There is NO they can protect the QB against our line. Its really not even close. The Pats should be very worried as well. Were are going to win lots of games not having to score more than 21 points.

Archived