Jets Waive 17 So Far

wildthing2022000

Rosters are being trimmed to 53 today, so some of the cuts that have to be made are coming in early as the Jets have decided to waive P Spencer Lanning, OL Matt Kroul, WR Eron Riley, QB Matt Simms, LB Marcus Dowtin, DL Martin Tevaseu, DB D’Anton Lynn, TE Tarren Lloyd, DL Damon Harrison, DB Julian Posey, DL Jay Richardson, OL Paul Corrick, OL Fred Koloto, OLB Ricky Sapp, CB Donnie Fletcher, WR Joesph Collins, and CB LeQuan Lewis who had just resigned yesterday. Dowtin, Sapp and Harrison are likely to make the practice squad. I or someone else will more updates as the day continues.

Richardson had a strong camp. Good pass rusher. Mauga hasn't done anything since he's been here.

Royce Pollard has had a very good camp

Schilens hasn't done anything to earn a spot either. He's been hurt just like Sapp.....

BD

Im not sure Ive ever seen Sapp play one down for this team in preseason and hes hurt in some way every year

Updated link:

http://www.jetnation.com/2012/08/31/jets-waive-18-so-far/

P Spencer Lanning, OL Matt Kroul, WR Eron Riley, CB Ryan Steed, QB Matt Simms, LB Marcus Dowtin, DL Martin Tevaseu, DB D'Anton Lynn, TE Tarren Lloyd, DL Damon Harrison, DB Julian Posey, DL Jay Richardson, OL Paul Corrick, OL Fred Koloto, OLB Ricky Sapp, CB Donnie Fletcher, WR Joesph Collins, and CB LeQuan Lewis

Dedrick Epps isnt half bad at TE. Ive seen alot of him down here at UofMiami. He can get downfield and will catch more passes then he'll drop and not to mention an average blocker at best...a serviceable 3rd or 4th TE on the roster I'd think. He made some big catches in college...even with Jacory Harris throwing to him.

Dedrick Epps isnt half bad at TE. Ive seen alot of him down here at UofMiami. He can get downfield and will catch more passes then he'll drop and not to mention an average blocker at best...a serviceable 3rd or 4th TE on the roster I'd think. He made some big catches in college...even with Jacory Harris throwing to him.

richardson deserves to make A roster, harrison A practice squad at least, and posey deserves a UPS routes...dude probably finished preseason first in tackles. Not a good stat for a cb tryin to make the team.

Surprised about Posey...Thought Rex would want to keep 6 CBs

well him sucking may have had something to do with it.

too bad for MTV and J Rich, I bet they both get picked up. Kroul seemed decent, the rest are scrubs and we shouldnt waste a PS spot on them...

the holding call deep in Philly territory probably sealed his fate.

They don't like cutting their own draft picks. This is surprising.

They didn't really have a choice. It was either Griffin, Vlad (who they drafted in rd 2 a few yrs ago), Raff (who they traded a pick for last season) or Smith (who they just acquired a couple of days ago via trade).

No matter who they cut, it would look "bad" in a sense. At least Griffin they can try to keep on the PS.

Schilens looked very good when he was sitting and watching the other WR's suck.

I think they kept both he and Turner because they are perfect WR's for Tebow formations, when they are healthy.

Seriously, imagine a wildcat with Tebow/Greene in the backfield, Keller at TE/FB, and Hill, Schillens, and Turner at WR. With Tebows running ability and arm strength, thats a lot for the D to defend at once.

Slightly surprised by the Richardson move, but we are beyond deep at the position, so I expect both him and MTV to be placed on the practice squad. I imagine schillens is being kept on the roster on behalf of his relationship with sanjay.

I doubt Richardson is practice squad eligible, besides I have to imagine there's some team out there who's thin at DE who will be snagging him off of waivers. Definitely surprised by that move. The rest I think were pretty obvious to see coming. MTV will definitely be back on the PS, Rex is clearly a fan and I think sees him as their emergency option at NT. He'll never be part of the regular rotation so he's not going to make the roster, but if injuries strike he can be used to hold down the fort, so Rex wants him within arm's reach.

I doubt Richardson is practice squad eligible, besides I have to imagine there's some team out there who's thin at DE who will be snagging him off of waivers. Definitely surprised by that move. The rest I think were pretty obvious to see coming. MTV will definitely be back on the PS, Rex is clearly a fan and I think sees him as their emergency option at NT. He'll never be part of the regular rotation so he's not going to make the roster, but if injuries strike he can be used to hold down the fort, so Rex wants him within arm's reach.

Agreed. Just about every other year, Jay Richardson makes the 53 easy. However, when you already have 6 starting caliber Dlinemen with only 3 or four starting spots, he becomes an unfortunate casualty. As does MTV. Don't think either of those guys will make it through waivers.

Every time I saw Posey he got burnt, like the second TD the Eagles scored to take the lead. He was clueless!

He was probably first on their list......

BD

Yeah, I called it the second that play happened, any chance he had of making the team disappeared with that play. That was inexcusably horrible.

Agreed. Just about every other year, Jay Richardson makes the 53 easy. However, when you already have 6 starting caliber Dlinemen with only 3 or four starting spots, he becomes an unfortunate casualty. As does MTV. Don't think either of those guys will make it through waivers.

Agree on Richardson, but I think MTV has a good chance to clear waivers. Consider how much time he's spent on the PS the past two years and he's not been touched. I think he's just a solid but unspectacular guy who happens to fit in with what Rex wants to do, but isn't the type of guy a lot of other teams will chase after. We'll see though.

They don't like cutting their own draft picks. This is surprising.

True, but I'd say it's a good bet that they'll be throwing him and Kroul on the PS. There's just not enough room to be carrying that many OL on the roster, especially if they're going to be doing things like carrying 5 RBs, and he wasn't going to stay over Vlad, Smith or Schlauderaff.

Not surprised with most of these cuts except some of the DL guys. I guess MTV got cut bc Pouha and Ellis will be the NT rotation, but I figured Richardson might get a shot to stay. Who knows maybe he'll be picked up later or put on practice squad if eligible.

What was the point of bringing in Lanning?

Slightly surprised with Tevaseu and Posey, and to an even lesser extent Richardson.

I think Lanning was simply given one game to prove he was better than Conley (which would be why we didn't see Conley until late in the third, after numerous crappy Lanning punts). As it turned out, he was absolutely awful.

Archived