Giftwrapped win provided by Al Davis

afosomf

I couldn't believe the Raiders didn't go with rookie Andrew Walter in the 4th quarter, or sooner....

Walter may not be special yet, but he's a mad bomber (great arm), like so many great QB's in Raiders history -- which is what Al Davis has always coveted......dating back to the Cliff Branch days.

Just pop Walters in there and let Moss and Porter run away from the DB's.

Tuiasoapo (sp?) is relic from the latter part of the 1990's and a player Davis wanted NO PART of him (KNOWN FACT!).....Davis and Gruden, who saw him as a young Gannon, fought like dogs over that pick....and the entire Oakland media listented to them scream at each other on draft day.

Also in that draft, a genuis like Jerry Jones traded up for Quincy Carter in ROUND 2, despite Carter being told by Mark Richt he'd be benched at Georgia if he didn't enter the draft early

Marques T. is a joke (124 with Moss and Porter on his side @ a 2-10 team)......for 3 seasons, University of Washington coaches begged him to play safety.

He finally had one decent season as a senior, then got drafted high after testing well at the combine (he tested fast and agile like a DB, which is what he should be).

In that era, how many useless "athletes" got picked high -- McNown, Carmazzi, Shaun King, ect...-- because the NFL figured drop QB's were no longer in vogue?

In sum, Oakland had ZERO chance with Marques.....Al Davis probably just wanted to give him a few games, before he cut him, but I doubt they tanked it...

BTY, Marques is loved by the Oakland media because he's "the nicest Raiders player in years"......Best QB, that's a different deal

I couldn't believe the Raiders didn't go with rookie Andrew Walter in the 4th quarter, or sooner....
Andrew Walter has a sports hernia - he will not play this season.

And you guyz didn't believe me when I said this game was a tossup. Actually, I wuz wrong - you kicked our ass.....

We found a team with a worse backup QB than we have- I first posted at the begiining of last week I could not understand why Collins was being benched-the obvious answer is Al Davis is getting rid of him after this season- draw your own conclusions from that

unbelievable....we could go 19-0 & you would b!tch that we didn't win by enough

earth to 13 earth to 13

I want what is best for this team, and Bush was it!

NOW HE IS KAPUT, GONE !!!

Damn right i'm mad, AL davis gave woody a nice xmas present while he gets into Leinart hunt.

earth to 13 earth to 13

I want what is best for this team, and Bush was it!

NOW HE IS KAPUT, GONE !!!

Damn right i'm mad, AL davis gave woody a nice xmas present while he gets into Leinart hunt.

I want Bush also, but it was never gonna be anyway..and if Davis tanked it cause he wants Leinert, how does that impact our pick ???

Archived