Terrance Ganaway Cut

Maxman

OK, how exactly is that not relevant? I mean, the purpose of putting together a team is to WIN, but the fact that he has WON quite a bit is irrelevant?

Something Something Vernon Gholston herpa Vlad derpa something.

I like this form of argument as well.

This post totally became unfunny after seeing that edit.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Tannenbaum is a terrible talent evaluator who put together a team that has gone 32-22 (4-2 in the playoffs) over the past 3 years. Sorry to keep re-posting that fact but I will do it until it gets through. If we're evaluating on facts, then it's a tough sell to believe he doesn't know talent.

It's impossible to take any of you seriously at this point. Honestly the fans are starting to bother me more than the team itself.

The official Jets FB posts, "Which Jet impressed you the most this pre-season?" and there were tons of responses of "none!" or "they all suck!" LOL... because apparently none of those people saw Landry or Coples or Ellis or Cro, etc. Ignorant.

Herm: shows early promise, team implodes.

Mangini: shows early promise, team implodes.

Rex: shows early promise, team set to implode.

There's your answer, bucko.

Tanny wasn't the GM when Herm was coach.

Mangini made the playoffs once in three years, and never won a playoff game. He also went 4-12 in his 2nd season.

Rex went 9-7 in his first season and 11-5 in his second. Both years he won two road playoff games and was within striking distance of the SB. He went 8-8 his third year after starting 8-5. Bit of a difference, Don't ya think?

For the most part agree is possible but with the new safety and this d-line rotation they might have enough to win 10 and save this mouse of a QBs job.

Tanny wasn't the GM when Herm was coach.

Mangini made the playoffs once in three years, and never won a playoff game. He also went 4-12 in his 2nd season.

Rex went 9-7 in his first season and 11-5 in his second. Both years he won two road playoff games and was within striking distance of the SB. He went 8-8 his third year after starting 8-5. Bit of a difference, Don't ya think?

There's no question that Rex is a better coach than Herm and Mangini. I was pointing out why fans aren't giving this franchise the benefit of the doubt this year. Tannenbaum gets the heat because he's the common denominator.

What has he won? I already told you: 32 out of the past 54 games.

question? did peyton manning play 2nd half of colts game in 2009? that year was an 8-8 special a giftwrapped win

got to play overated bungles and norv effen turner to boot.

2010- sanchez actually improved some

2011- we suck again

2012-2017-- off to hell

There's no question that Rex is a better coach than Herm and Mangini. I was pointing out why fans aren't giving this franchise the benefit of the doubt this year. Tannenbaum gets the heat because he's the common denominator.

you don't speak for the fans

sorry

For the most part agree is possible but with the new safety and this d-line rotation they might have enough to win 10 and save this mouse of a QBs job.

IMO, the running game won't be strong enough to mask the offense's issues. If we could count on being able to run the ball while playing defense, I'd agree with you.

Well I don't think that this team is about to implode. Rex is a good coach. Unlike Herm and Mangini the guy actually has something that resembles a brain that is willing and open enough to adjusting often. For example, even last season, when he lost the pulse of the offense... He started off giving Sanchez leeway to see if he had taken the next step... A few weeks in, he implored the team to go back to G&P. You saw him deal Mason when it was clear Kerley was beating him out and Mason was just becoming a cancer.

Don't get me wrong, not saying he re-invented the wheel, but its nice to see a coach that has some capacity to adjust is nice. Most of all, I think he knows that our offense is limited to a degree and our defense is a real strength. His gameplanning is going to take that into account. He also now has Sparano, who is a former head coach and has been in the league a long time, on his side.

Did Tanny do a wonderful job the last couple off seasons on offense? No. But with good coaching and sound execution, the roster is good enough to at least hold its own IMO.

what a load of horse crap lol.

question? did peyton manning play 2nd half of colts game in 2009? that year was an 8-8 special a giftwrapped win

got to play overated bungles and norv effen turner to boot.

2010- sanchez actually improved some

2011- we suck again

2012-2017-- off to hell

So now its Tannys fault who we play and what the other team does?

Good to know.

Yeah, but our faces are going to be mighty red if the Jets almost win the Super Bowl again this year.

Well I don't think that this team is about to implode. Rex is a good coach. Unlike Herm and Mangini the guy actually has something that resembles a brain that is willing and open enough to adjusting often. For example, even last season, when he lost the pulse of the offense... He started off giving Sanchez leeway to see if he had taken the next step... A few weeks in, he implored the team to go back to G&P. You saw him deal Mason when it was clear Kerley was beating him out and Mason was just becoming a cancer.

Don't get me wrong, not saying he re-invented the wheel, but its nice to see a coach that has some capacity to adjust is nice. Most of all, I think he knows that our offense is limited to a degree and our defense is a real strength. His gameplanning is going to take that into account. He also now has Sparano, who is a former head coach and has been in the league a long time, on his side.

Did Tanny do a wonderful job the last couple off seasons on offense? No. But with good coaching and sound execution, the roster is good enough to at least hold its own IMO.

Good post. I suppose we'll see how it plays out this season. Like most observers, I just can't see a path to success for this club unless they luck into an elite QB next year.

Meh so we cut Ganaway ...what I dont understand is the guy really did not get much work in the preseason games i would have liked to see more.

Tim Hurttower and Ware were dumped by the skins and Giants maybe we take a look ? Either way our RB situation sucks balls same guys as last year without LT 105 yards per game and no pass receiving threat = probably worse than last year and LB's and safties laughing at our play action.

Holy *%*%*& crap, after reading JN's most recent post on facebook, I'm reminded why we are the worst fan base on the entire *&%*&%& planet.

90% of the ignorant posts hating on Mike T for cutting 6th round picks, as if that was some stunning indictment of talent evaluation. If we're going to be delusional as a fanbase, can w at least be delusional homers (like the Bills fans) instead of delusional self-haters?

+1. To the TS crew, all of the bad picks like Gholston & Vlad are 100% on the accountant, & picks like Revis & Mangold are credited to Mangini. Scrap heap pickups like Maybin, and recent picks like Coples will be attributed to the ghost of Mangini. Oh & lets not forget to blame Tanny for all of Boobways blunders - guilty by associated you know. Pretty easy for those with an agenda you know

cutting multiple 2012 draft picks is an indictment of the talent evaluation process for the NY Jets. The OL has no depth and Tannenbaum can't even find backup linemen in the 2012 draft? You have to be sh*tting me. Throw in the scotty mcsuck pick and you go from WTF to how the **** is this guy still in charge?

Rex + a real GM = super bowl

Archived