Notre Dame season thread

Blackout

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have direct access to them. You seem to be definitive, that is why I asked you.

Much like PSU, ND has placed the welfare of their football team above common decency. But, ND is allowed to bury it and there is no outcry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2012/12/04/why-i-wont-be-cheering-for-old-notre-dame/

No sure if this fits your criteria of definitive, or what you are looking for here, but hope it helps

Much like PSU, ND has placed the welfare of their football team above common decency. But, ND is allowed to bury it and there is no outcry.

http://www.washingto...old-notre-dame/

No sure if this fits your criteria of definitive, or what you are looking for here, but hope it helps

How is Notre Dame burying anything? This has been widely reported. There are no charges. This is no credible story. There are no witnesses to anything that might have actually happened. They haven't been anything but cooperative with the police. The were probed federally and made changes.

Notre Dame haters will always be haters for no real reason. It's the same reason people hate the Lakers, Yankees, and any other successful people or teams. It's sad, really.

How is Notre Dame burying anything? This has been widely reported. There are no charges. This is no credible story. There are no witnesses to anything that might have actually happened. They haven't been anything but cooperative with the police. The were probed federally and made changes.

Notre Dame haters will always be haters for no real reason. It's the same reason people hate the Lakers, Yankees, and any other successful people or teams. It's sad, really.

See, Max?

When was the last time that ND really won anything? 25 years ago?

If there was anything ND got off scott free was the poor kid that fell off the cherry picker in a hurricane filming practice. Brushed under the rug.

Do some research. They didn't get off scott free and it wasn't brushed under the rug. They paid their fine, set up a memorial, named stuff after the kid. It was a poor decision and someone lost their life. The family has been embraced by Notre Dame and has been very forgiving. It's tragic yes, but don't act like Notre Dame brushed anything under anything.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/sports/ncaafootball/declan-sullivans-family-responds-to-death-by-not-pointing-fingers.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://www.washingto...old-notre-dame/

Not sure how that makes them self righteous.

A ND puffery piece? Nah. Say it isn't so.

No such things as cover-ups, witness threats and rape.

Couldn't happen

Cover up? Do some research! Come on. The incident was investigated and there was no basis for charges. There was no rape either. And again, this was widely reported when it happened and then once Notre Dame was thrust back into the spotlight, this issue was written about again, 2 years after the fact. If Notre Dame was 10-2 and playing in a non-BCS bowl, no one would have written about it again at all. Which is damning mroe of journalism than it is of Notre Dame.

Cover up? Do some research! Come on. The incident was investigated and there was no basis for charges. There was no rape either. And again, this was widely reported when it happened and then once Notre Dame was thrust back into the spotlight, this issue was written about again, 2 years after the fact. If Notre Dame was 10-2 and playing in a non-BCS bowl, no one would have written about it again at all. Which is damning mroe of journalism than it is of Notre Dame.

How do you know there wasn't a rape? Players just sent the victim threatening text messages for the sheer joy of it, because nothing happened?

How do you know there wasn't a rape? Players just sent the victim threatening text messages for the sheer joy of it, because nothing happened?

It was an assault. Rape is much more serious. From all of the actual statements gathered, there was consenual kissing and then she didn't like it when he went to second base. Again, do some reading of more than one article than just one piece written before a national championship game to thrust some no name writer into the limelight.

It was an assault. Rape is much more serious. From all of the actual statements gathered, there was consenual kissing and then she didn't like it when he went to second base. Again, do some reading of more than one article than just one piece written before a national championship game to thrust some no name writer into the limelight.

Believe what you want to believe. Naivete in fandoms is common.

Morality and self interests are both individual concepts which can be hard to define.

Of course they are hard to define, they are personal. Same as someone posting a blog on a fan site his or Courtney's opinions. . Doesn't make them wrong (or right), just because they have an opinion.

Slow day today? May I recommend Sodoku for you?

So you're saying you have nothing else to add because you hate Notre Dame and quoted one article without actually checking facts as to whether there was actual validity? Perfect.

There are many other articles that say the same thing. No sense in posting them, as you will stick your head in the sand, as the ND officials did.

Feel comfortable in that.

There are many other articles that say the same thing. No sense in posting them, as you will stick your head in the sand, as the ND officials did.

Feel comfortable in that.

Articles are nice. Police reports and district attorney press releases are better. Nevermind the fact this girl had problems before she even went to Notre Dame. But, no. Let's base opinions on opinion articles that come out two years after the accusation while ND is in the midst of a championship run, ignoring this happens on college campuses everywhere. That doesn't make it any better, but it just shows you are just a hater, butt hurt because your school covered up actual atrocities for decades.

I don't have my head in the sand but yours is obviously squarely up your rectal cavity.

Of course they are hard to define, they are personal. Same as someone posting a blog on a fan site his or Courtney's opinions. . Doesn't make them wrong (or right), just because they have an opinion.

Slow day today? May I recommend Sodoku for you?

You could certainly recommend Sodoku for me. What i did with that recommendation, were you to actually recommend it, would be a choice I would have to make at that time.

And yes on the opinions. Opinions can be wrong, if there is factual evidence to discredit them. But in most cases opinions are neither wrong nor are they right. Especially at the moment in which they are rendered. TIme usually proves them out either way, but that is the beauty of it. It takes time to see what happens.

Archived