College QB's

CoachTsurfing

TX A&M grad here. Got you ****ers next week. Word in the street is our frosh QB is the damn deal. Lies. All lies. You will be 2-0, but the home field thingy keeps it close. Chomp chomp

I dunno. The Gators suck. If you can stop the run, you might be able to shut us out. Their offense might be worse than the Jets.

let's imagine a worst case scenario, the Jets wipe out with Sanchez completely. How could they draft Barkley? It's like drafting another Ohio State defensive end 2 years after gholston (which they had the chance to do, remember Cameron Heyward)? so regardless of what you think of Matt Barkley, the chances of him becoming a Jet is zero.

At the moment I'm liking thomas. the guy is accurate and is going to be fun to watch. I do think we will draft a qb if sanchez blows. If we get a starting vet. then maybe we don't go qb in the first. but what starting qb is going to want to come here. our offense is so disfunctional.

A solid QB would go a long way towards resolving the disfunctionality of the offense. I think if the Jets step up to pay, they'll get someone in here. I really think this is the route that they'll take, and then maybe draft a QB in the middle rounds (if Tannenbaum can manage to hold onto any of those picks).

A solid QB would go a long way towards resolving the disfunctionality of the offense. I think if the Jets step up to pay, they'll get someone in here. I really think this is the route that they'll take, and then maybe draft a QB in the middle rounds (if Tannenbaum can manage to hold onto any of those picks).

Why not give McElroy a shot?

If the Jets hadn't made the Tebow move you would have seen a lot more McElroy this preseason. if you really want to run ground and pound he fits the bill as a smart game manager who doesn't turn the ball over. Basically a more athletic, stronger armed Chad Pennington.

I think the combine and the post season evaluation is extremely important for a college QB. Look at Sanchez, the guy's film in college is him throwing with his feet perfectly set to receivers that have 4 steps on the defender. The only way you can know if a guy has the arm to make the pro throws is to work him out. Also, you need to be able to interview them to make sure their personality is going to mesh with making them the face of your franchise. Look at Jeff George, the guy looked like a world beater, but just did not have the mentality to be a leader. Everyone thinks of the combine as a dirty word after guys like Gholston, but it is a very important step in the process....probably more so for a QB than any other position.

Archived