Jets without a punter? Merged.

Beaver

So let's see......

Tannenbaum didn't address the RT until 10 days before the opener

Tannenbaum didn't address the lack of a backup center at all

Tannenbaum waits until 5 days before the opener to cut the punter and replaces him with.......NOTHING?

And he has over $8M in cap space, which he won't spend on a team that gets a new hole every week

I've never seen a guy who wanted out of his job more than him.

BD

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<a href=http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=808085-jets-sign-robert-malone" style="color: rgb(17, 85, 170); text-decoration: none; " target="_blank">Jets | Sign Robert Malone

Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:29:43 -0700

The New York Jets signed free-agent P Robert Malone (Chargers) Tuesday, Sept. 4.

0 Comments | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini | Share: facebook.png

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz25XWHxIaa

I would like to retract what I said...not about Kapinos who still stinks, but about McBriar. I don't know what I was looking at because he has only had one season with a net punting yardage over 40. In fact from what I see of his career, I would have probably stuck with Conley. We'll see who the choice is, but while McBriar is more experienced, I probably would have stuck with the younger leg.

It is not heresy and I will not recant!

Smooth move, Mike!

Now that every good punter has been taken, and you held onto a guy you hate for two weeks after he double-shanked, now what are you gonna do?

Why didn't you just wait until Saturday, then send Tebow out there?

Jesus H......

BD

Um... every good punter hasn't been taken. Until final cuts everybody is carrying 2 punters. Now everybody is carrying one. They should be able to get the 31st best punter. Bare minimum.

I'm on board with the going for it on every fourth down contingent. And every kickoff should be an on-sides kick, too.

The Wildcat should get an easy 3ypc. 3x4=12. First down, baby!

Outside of Shane Lechler, I couldn't begin to care less. We've had punters who were great all season long only to have an abortion of a playoffs and we've had punters who just sucked all year long and continued to suck into the playoffs. We were either going to have a sh*tty punter who's been on our team for a while, now we just have a sh*tty punter who hasn't been on our team for a while. Only thing that's different is he's new. We're trading old sh*t for new sh*t. Fairly status quot.

Yes, but even as you say that, you can't deny that having a good punter is probably more important to us and how we play than just about any other team. Hopefully whoever we brought in off the scrap heap is competent.

We should have drafted one in the 3rd round.

///jag'd

what's a Robert Malone?

Jets do the punter shuffle

Posted by Josh Alper on September 4, 2012, 6:17 PM EDT

The Jets weren’t shy about their desire to have Tim Tebow personally protect someone other than T.J. Conley during the preseason.

Travis Baltz was with the team in training camp and they claimed Spencer Lanning off waivers before the final preseason game, but Conley held off his challengers. Until Tuesday, anyway.

Kimberley Martin of Newsday reports that the team has signed punter Robert Malone after a workout on Tuesday. Conley, who was erratic both last season and throughout the preseason, has been released. Malone spent training camp with the Chargers, but got cut when rosters went down to 53 players. He played one game with the Lions last season, punting five times for a 49-yard gross average although one got returned for a touchdown by Devin Hester. At least Malone, who played for the Bucs in 2010, has company on that front.

The Jets also waived defensive tackle Isaako Aaitui a few days after claiming him off of waivers from the Dolphins.

Jets | Make roster move

Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:45:43 -0700

The New York Jets released DT Isaako Aaitui Tuesday, Sept. 4.

Comment (0) | Share: twitter.jpg facebook.jpg | Source: New York Daily News - Manish Mehta

<a href="http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=808085-jets---sign-robert-malone" style="color: rgb(17, 85, 170); " target="_blank">Jets | Sign Robert Malone

Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:29:43 -0700

The New York Jets signed free-agent P Robert Malone (Chargers) Tuesday, Sept. 4.

Comment (0) | Share: twitter.jpg facebook.jpg | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl/new-york-jets#ixzz25Xni1Y8s

Jets do the punter shuffle

Posted by Josh Alper on September 4, 2012, 6:17 PM EDT

The Jets weren’t shy about their desire to have Tim Tebow personally protect someone other than T.J. Conley during the preseason.

Travis Baltz was with the team in training camp and they claimed Spencer Lanning off waivers before the final preseason game, but Conley held off his challengers. Until Tuesday, anyway.

Kimberley Martin of Newsday reports that the team has signed punter Robert Malone after a workout on Tuesday. Conley, who was erratic both last season and throughout the preseason, has been released. Malone spent training camp with the Chargers, but got cut when rosters went down to 53 players. He played one game with the Lions last season, punting five times for a 49-yard gross average although one got returned for a touchdown by Devin Hester. At least Malone, who played for the Bucs in 2010, has company on that front.

The Jets also waived defensive tackle Isaako Aaitui a few days after claiming him off of waivers from the Dolphins.

Thanks but I find no comfort in this blurb.

Our playoff hopes rest on the right foot of ol' Bobby Malone.

not.good.

Ok, so I've got to ask. What do so many people have their panties in a bunch about the fact that the Jets saw someone shake free who they felt was better than who they had? What, is there a concern over the new punters knowledge of the Jets playbook? I don't see the issue.

There was nothing else to complain about at the moment

Archived