Sanchez comments on Woody Johnson's cant have enough Tebow quote

Matt39

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me guess. You werent alive for Kotite Holtz Coslet Winner etc cause these are the glory days now son..........................

The Packers ??? Really?? Might as well just pick the Superbowl winner as your team each year.

why not GB? they have a real QB to watch.

i gave Jests 46 yrs, and i got to see them win a SB live on TV, Captain JonE will never get that chance.

i think fans underrate how hard it is to win a championship. Any given season there are 32 teams, and 31 will be failures. The Jets ownership isn't perfect but they are a far cry from the Dolans or other truly dysfunctional teams.

And most importantly the team is better with Tebow than without him. purely football you want that guy in the locker room and if/when Mark implodes you want a legitimate plan B. Greg McElroy is not an option.

How many decades has it been?

How many "regimes"?

How long have the Jets been the place that players don't want to come to?

I'm not underestimating anything. I'm saying this franchise doesn't TRY to win championships. It is not goal #1, selling seats is. We field good teams, but players see right through this and either stay and get paid, but don't buy-in or move on to franchises that make it priority #1.

I don't believe with any fiber of my being that the Jets as a franchise have EVER in my lifetime prioritized going after a championship, which is why we've always been somewhat of a joke.

The Jets try to field a good team, and prioritize selling seats and getting headlines.

The Steelers try to field a good team, and prioritize winning championships.

Look at the history of each franchise.

So do you. I don't understand how you could hold that against someone else.

Umm BTW smarty pants

rexey is not well respected outside of Floram. every football fan i come across laughs at him and the whole FO. At best he is good DC.

Not Being involved in any defensive or offensive gameplan last year was pretty astute by him. dont ya think

Slats called me a clown oh my

i think fans underrate how hard it is to win a championship. Any given season there are 32 teams, and 31 will be failures. The Jets ownership isn't perfect but they are a far cry from the Dolans or other truly dysfunctional teams.

And most importantly the team is better with Tebow than without him. purely football you want that guy in the locker room and if/when Mark implodes you want a legitimate plan B. Greg McElroy is not an option.

Good teams get to the Super Bowl consistently because they are well run. It's not an accident.

Umm BTW smarty pants

rexey is not well respected outside of Floram. every football fan i come across laughs at him and the whole FO. At best he is good DC.

Not Being involved in any defensive or offensive gameplan last year was pretty astute by him. dont ya think

Slats called me a clown oh my

Wait!!? Fans from other teams don't like Rex? Oh my!!!

Being a Jets fan means your definitely going to savor any championship appearances and for sure SB wins. It's been over 40 years. I truly wish Tanny and Woody could spend a hour or two in my shoes on a football Sunday. All I can do is hope and pray I live to see another Jets SB. I figure I got 20-25 seasons left. Is it too much to ask that we try to win one for the fans? Is it too much to give us some pride in green, while or neighbors in blue ridicule us. Jets, Mets, Knicks..........tough rows to hoe. Maybe it's time to win one for the old gimpers.

More like Laugh at him

That means they laugh at you. They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you!

The Holy Trinity Woody Tanney and Rexey, reason i jumped ship

Worst owner in NFL

Worst GM in NFL

And add a Coach who would rather be a Carnival Barker

Almost Forgot Add the Baby Jesus (tebow)

Enuff is Enuff

You could always root for the Giants or how about rooting for that slap dick team the Bills.

All he does is win.....he'll be great for us as an added weapon

Dude very nice....He will win us games thats all I care about. And watching that clip I was reminded of a few things:

1. While Tebow was winning the games in Denver, dick-head Elway was undermining him every step of the way.

2. Steven A smith is an ass whistle.

Good teams get to the Super Bowl consistently because they are well run. It's not an accident.

how many teams are we talking about? 2 or 3? who gets the Super Bowl consistently? (And how good is that team's QB?)

In other words we can expect greatness but it's not necessarily a sign that ownership sucks when it doesn't happen. Look at the Giants last night getting tossed at home by the Boys. It's a tough league and wanting success isn't special. Everyone wants success. Woody usually puts the Jets in a good spot in terms of getting the talent that they need. He signs big checks. I don't know what else we expect out of Woody.

also keep in mind, Woody didn't buy the Steelers or the Packers. He bought the Jets and there's alot of baggage regardless of who the owner is... he can try but let's be real the Jets are not a tier 1 team in this league. Even though we want them to be.

I find it hard to believe this was anything but Sanchez being tongue-in-cheek. Ever since he's been here he's always said the right things.

Yeah, me too. Pretty sure he was mocking everyone who's got something to say about the Jets being more concerned about making headline and selling tickets.

how many teams are we talking about? 2 or 3? who gets the Super Bowl consistently? (And how good is that team's QB?)

In other words we can expect greatness but it's not necessarily a sign that ownership sucks when it doesn't happen. Look at the Giants last night getting tossed at home by the Boys. It's a tough league and wanting success isn't special. Everyone wants success. Woody usually puts the Jets in a good spot in terms of getting the talent that they need. He signs big checks. I don't know what else we expect out of Woody.

also keep in mind, Woody didn't buy the Steelers or the Packers. He bought the Jets and there's alot of baggage regardless of who the owner is... he can try but let's be real the Jets are not a tier 1 team in this league. Even though we want them to be.

Packers. Giants, Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots come to mind as teams that are in it all the time. QB's get all the credit when things go good and none when it goes bad. It is an overrated position. Look at last nights game. Romo is clearly a better QB than Eli. Romo's team, because of it's ownership has never put him in a position to succeed.

And no Woody didn't buy the Packers or Steelers. All he did was buy a team with a coach who went to the super bowl 7 times, 5 as a head coach on the staff and a WR that would later win one too. What does he do? He goes out and hires Herm and trades said WR. lol. It was stupid move after stupid move he has done since he has owned this team. Well run franchises are in it every year and get there once in a while to win one or have even a chance to win one. That is no accident. It is the result of a well run franchise. The Jets are "in it" once in a while and never get there, let alone win anything. Woody is better than the Dolan's and Jerry Jones of the world - but not better tham the Mara's, Kraft's or Rooney's. He is not in their class at all.

So right. We should all be happy about wallowing around in mediocrity for 40 years.

'

O rly? So Romo going to town on New York's # 4 corner proves he's better than Eli, a 2-time SB winner who threw for 5,000+ last season?

Romo threw for 4200 yards with only 10 Int's with a 102 rating last season. Romo is the better athlete and QB than Eli is. He has never have the defense Eli has had, or the offense, although this year I think it is starting to come together for him.

Romo threw for 4200 yards with only 10 Int's with a 102 rating. Romo is the better athlete and QB. He has never have the defense Eli has had, or the offense, although this year I think it is starting to come together for him.

Eli's never had a Miles Austin or Jason Witten. Romo's won 1 playoff game in his career. Eli has won 8. Romo routinely has 4th quarter breakdowns. Eli had 6 4th quarter comebacks in last year's regular season alone. It's not even close.

Eli's never had a Miles Austin or Jason Witten. Romo's won 1 playoff game in his career. Eli has won 8. Romo routinely has 4th quarter breakdowns. Eli had 6 4th quarter comebacks in last year's regular season alone. It's not even close.

Ok, next you will be telling me that Eli never had Kevin Ogletree to throw to. lol. Austin was an undrafted free agent dude. He isn't anymore elite than Cruz is. Romo hasn't had those comebacks - but have you everconsidered it was because his team couldnt get him to that position 6 times? Did you see the OL that Romo has to play behind last night? How many times did the Cowboys offense get moved backwards only to have Romo get the first down one way of another?

Ok, next you will be telling me that Eli never had Kevin Ogletree to throw to. lol. Austin was an undrafted free agent dude. He isn't anymore elite than Cruz is. Romo hasn't had those comebacks - but have you everconsidered it was because his team couldnt get him to that position 6 times? Did you see the OL that Romo has to play behind last night? How many times did the Cowboys offense get moved backwards only to have Romo get the first down one way of another?

Eli and the Giants had bigtime OL problems last year, and Giants fans are constantly complaining about Kevin Gilbride. Yet it hasn't mattered. Eli has the numbers and the rings to say, definitively, he's better than Tony Romo.

Eli and the Giants had bigtime OL problems last year, and Giants fans are constantly complaining about Kevin Gilbride. Yet it hasn't mattered. Eli has the numbers and the rings to say, definitively, he's better than Tony Romo.

How do Eli's numbers say he is better? Have you even looked at the numbers? They both had about the same yards per attempt, yet Romo was 10 points better in QB rating and threw more two more TD's with 5 less picks. All while having a bad defense and offense around him. Sorry dude - but Eli is not elite and he is not better than Romo.

Archived