Will Rex Ryan ever get himself a franchise QB?

Jetsfan80

And to summarize the above: "We don't need a QB, we just need really good players at all other 10 spots on the field, plus superior coaching." Yeah, ok.

6=10

Sounds familiar-if only we could surround the lousy QB with a great OL/RB/WRs/TEs, then he would be great. A polished turd is still a turd.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the fun folks!

Unlike the rest of you, Im not going to sit here for 6 hours beating the same points into the ground for no reason. that bores me.

If you disagree with me, thats fine. People are entitled to their opinions and I dont expect anyone to be swayed by anything this lunatic says.

Please understand that no matter what you say to me, its not going to change my mind either. I havent moved off this point of view since last season. Our QB is mediocre and our offense needs to be better to compensate for his mediocrity. So far they havent, and I hope what I see on Sunday is a huge improvement.

Either Sanchez figures it out this season, or he doesn't. Talking about it won't change that.

Do those guys even exist anymore? Seems like anyone with the size and athleticism to be an all around TE is either playing defensive end, or, if they're really smart, power forward. TE just doesnt pay. I think the disposability of RBs is going to lead to further erosion of the talent there, too. Look at the Barber twins. Ronde's career has lasted 5 years longer and keeps going.

The Pats have corned the market on them...lol...

There are plenty of reliable TEs who can do both...Pettigrew with Detroit, Vernon Davis with the 49ers...and before anyone suggests that we need to draft one high...there are several quality TEs who came in the later rounds...including one we let one get away who develop quite nicely in Houston...now with Denver Joel Dreesen...Fasano or Kyle Rudolph both do a good job at the POA and catching the ball...the thing is...I like Keller (as a rocked up WR) but we yet to find another who to match him with...see NE and Det and this year Denver as good examples.

I'm sure we'll draft some a$$hole like Landry Jones next year and he'll suck too.

But at least he'll be a NEW guy who sucks. New guy is always better than sucky old guy. There was a time when many of us regarded Sanchez as a significantly better QB than Pennington. I remember those days fondly.

But at least he'll be a NEW guy who sucks. New guy is always better than sucky old guy. There was a time when many of us regarded Sanchez as a significantly better QB than Pennington. I remember those days fondly.

While there is some truth to this, I still don't hate Sanchez as much as I did Pennington. Sure, there are still some Jets fans who defend the guy, but at least the general football community all acknowledge the fact that Sanchez sucks and we don't have to hear praise about endless nonsense of things like "intangibles" while our QB is busy sucking ass. Not to mention, Penny was a complete douche.

I am convinced Mark Sanchez banged JetsFan80 and never called him the next day and that is why he is so bitter. Doesn't it get annoying being a broken record in every. single. thread. We get it. You hate Sanchez. You're stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons. I'm not sure what the point of saying the same thing over and over again (albeit it in slightly varied ways) is. It's insane and borderline obsessive.

I am convinced Mark Sanchez banged JetsFan80 and never called him the next day and that is why he is so bitter. Doesn't it get annoying being a broken record in every. single. thread. We get it. You hate Sanchez. You're stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons. I'm not sure what the point of saying the same thing over and over again (albeit it in slightly varied ways) is. It's insane and borderline obsessive.

Repetition is the mother of all learning.

While there is some truth to this, I still don't hate Sanchez as much as I did Pennington. Sure, there are still some Jets fans who defend the guy, but at least the general football community all acknowledge the fact that Sanchez sucks and we don't have to hear praise about endless nonsense of things like "intangibles" while our QB is busy sucking ass. Not to mention, Penny was a complete douche.

No doubt I don't hate Sanchez as much as Pennington. But to suggest TODAY that Sanchez is not only better but SIGNIFICANTLY better than Pennington would get you laughed at.

I refuse to take advice on not being crazy from a guy with crazy in his name. I will also continue to find ways to rip on Sanchez for the next 2 years.

No doubt I don't hate Sanchez as much as Pennington. But to suggest TODAY that Sanchez is not only better but SIGNIFICANTLY better than Pennington would get you laughed at.

You're probably right, but if forced to have a football team with a choice of only Sanchez or Pennington as it's QB, I'd still go with Sanchez.

I'm saying that even if we had the best QB coach in the world it wouldn't make a noticeable difference.

True or maybe if the coach had done his job....we would never know.

Bit at some point of time a coach has to look at a QB and say how about you gimme a second read of play while you can still stand on your feet. Just 2 reads Marko!

You're totally correct. That said, I really can't wait until you realize what a mistake the Fitzpatrick extension was.

It ain't my money, so I don't care. Ralph Wilson can afford it. Besides, unlike the Jets, the Bills paid Fitzpatrick most of his guaranteed money up front, so if they get somebody better, they can cut him with little, if any, cap hit. The Jets can't do that with either of their offensive "stars", Sanchez and Holmes, now can they?

Have any of you guys thought, (like I do) that perhaps every offense that has to practice against the Rex Ryan defenses start out at a disadvantage and by having to face guys like Revis and Cro that the passing game is never really given a chance to get into any kind of rhythm, first at the practices and that it spills over into the games on Sunday?

I made this statement a few weeks back and to some extent I think its true. When an offense goes up againt a top flight pass defense and never really gets rolling they may start to question what they can and can not execute properly. Getting physically beaten every practice cant be a positive thing for the offense in any way. And yes I do believe it keeps them from getting into a consistent rhythm

It ain't my money, so I don't care. Ralph Wilson can afford it. Besides, unlike the Jets, the Bills paid Fitzpatrick most of his guaranteed money up front, so if they get somebody better, they can cut him with little, if any, cap hit. The Jets can't do that with either of their offensive "stars", Sanchez and Holmes, now can they?

If Sanchez and Fitzpatrick were both cut at the end of 2012, the Jets would have @ $25M in dead money, and the Bills would have $21M.

If both players make it to the end of 2013 before being cut, the Jets dead money would be $9.6M, and the Bills would be $12M.

You keep posting, though!

Ah, numbers. This should be fun.

I'm waiting for a matured top pick, someone like David Carr, to find their way onto our roster, come into form and lead us to the promised land. Sort of like Vinny T. Some guys just don't "get it" until they are like 28-30 years old.

Some never do. Others get it from day one. No formula for it really, but I do think that is where the Jets next respectable QB will come from. Journeyman turns reliable captain type of story.

Drew Brees is another good example there.

FWIW, the franchise risked a lot on Sanchez. Not only did we sacrifice draft picks and scrubs to trade up for him, but we also sacrificed picks and money to surround him with talent in his first few years. Obviously, if you draft a QB at #5, you have to give him time to develop as well. I think we all knew that the move was the gutsiest and riskiest the Jets FO has made in recent memory. It would either catapult us to the next level, or set us back 10 years.

Which has it been? Who knows. For all the turnovers he had last season, he also scored the most TD's of any other QB in the history of the franchise (32). If he can keep that number around 25ish this season, and cut his turnovers in half under a new OC and such, this team will win a lot of games.

No, I don't think the Jets under Rex Ryan will ever get a chance at a legit franchise QB not named Sanchez. In a city like NY, with a maverick owner that is obsessed with ticket sales and public image, no way Rex lasts long enough for the Jets to draft a new QB and wait for him to develop into the future of the franchise.

LOL no he's not. We need a QB who isn't turnover-prone, and ESPECIALLY one who doesn't throw pick-sixes. Sanchez is the complete OPPOSITE of what Rex needs. He'd be 10 times better off with an accurate game manager like a Matt Hasselbeck.

or

wait for it

pennington !!!!!!

lol

oh the irony

Archived