****OFFICIAL NY JETS VS. BUFFALO BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD****

gangreenman

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win, I'm hoping the 3 straight TD's came out of complacency more than anything else. It's a lot more assuring after going straight back down the field and putting it to bed. That being said, it shouldn't have happened.

Sanchez was terrific, looked sharp in the pocket and the ball came out well and accurate. Early mistake was poor but he dealt with it very well, which is even more promising. Could have easily fallen apart for him there, one throw away from the stadium turning hard on him. He stayed very composed throughout the game, very promising. Offensive line was great, didn't see Mario Williams at all. Holmes was good and Kerley/Hill were fantastic - For a position that had so much question marks, those guys delivered. Keller was invisible, but coming off and injury and helping out the OL, that's nothing to be too concerned about. The major concern is the backs, Greene looks so average, painfully average. OL will have too be spectacular for our running game to be a force.

Defensively - Started like a house on fire - Secondary was incredible. Revis, Cro, Wilson and Landry really stood out. We missed Pouha in run defense, he's one of the best in the league in that area, but even his absence doesn't justify allowing Spiller to look THAT good. LB's look very slow, that could be a major issue down the line. It mostly came with a huge lead though, so I'm actually hoping the intensity dropped and we just got sloppy.

Special teams - Excellent. As pretty much always, Kerley's return was beautiful and effectively killed the contest.

Overall - Incredible start to the season, puts all the negativity behind us. Get that swagger back. CAN'T WAIT for Pittsburgh, although it's going to be a very tough test. Not a must win, but I want to see us compete, to show that we belong. A beatdown there and Week 1 will be put down as a fluke against a bad team. They shouldn't beat us down though, it's a good matchup. Massive game for Sanchez, who could do with less of the Tebow stuff, just let the guy play.

Great win, I'm hoping the 3 straight TD's came out of complacency more than anything else. It's a lot more assuring after going straight back down the field and putting it to bed. That being said, it shouldn't have happened.

Sanchez was terrific, looked sharp in the pocket and the ball came out well and accurate. Early mistake was poor but he dealt with it very well, which is even more promising. Could have easily fallen apart for him there, one throw away from the stadium turning hard on him. He stayed very composed throughout the game, very promising. Offensive line was great, didn't see Mario Williams at all. Holmes was good and Kerley/Hill were fantastic - For a position that had so much question marks, those guys delivered. Keller was invisible, but coming off and injury and helping out the OL, that's nothing to be too concerned about. The major concern is the backs, Greene looks so average, painfully average. OL will have too be spectacular for our running game to be a force.

Defensively - Started like a house on fire - Secondary was incredible. Revis, Cro, Wilson and Landry really stood out. We missed Pouha in run defense, he's one of the best in the league in that area, but even his absence doesn't justify allowing Spiller to look THAT good. LB's look very slow, that could be a major issue down the line. It mostly came with a huge lead though, so I'm actually hoping the intensity dropped and we just got sloppy.

Special teams - Excellent. As pretty much always, Kerley's return was beautiful and effectively killed the contest.

Overall - Incredible start to the season, puts all the negativity behind us. Get that swagger back. CAN'T WAIT for Pittsburgh, although it's going to be a very tough test. Not a must win, but I want to see us compete, to show that we belong. A beatdown there and Week 1 will be put down as a fluke against a bad team. They shouldn't beat us down though, it's a good matchup. Massive game for Sanchez, who could do with less of the Tebow stuff, just let the guy play.

great post! and I believe that Pittsburgh is beatable for us!

i'm gonna lean towards irish jet on this and say i really hope it was just complacency after being up 41-7. i know the pats are douches but you never saw that from them. up 41-7? they are trying to hang 21 more on you and demoralize you. not saying we shoudl be runnign up the score but you can never let up. we won so they get a pass, but lets hope it was just that...complacency. when the game really looke dlike it mattered we were on fire, so that was really encouraging. rust = shaken. the rookies have played at game speed now. lets go kick the ****ing steelers ass please so i can smirk at all these ****ing yinzers

...but we have no weapons! haha i cant wait 2 hear the media eat sh*t this week lmao

btw get ur tix now....they're going fast! hahaha

everyone in the media but Bruce Jacobs and Mike Greenberg ;)

Bruce Jacobs predicted us to be 11-5 and win the division via tiebreaker over NE :)

i'm gonna lean towards irish jet on this and say i really hope it was just complacency after being up 41-7. i know the pats are douches but you never saw that from them. up 41-7? they are trying to hang 21 more on you and demoralize you. not saying we shoudl be runnign up the score but you can never let up. we won so they get a pass, but lets hope it was just that...complacency. when the game really looke dlike it mattered we were on fire, so that was really encouraging. rust = shaken. the rookies have played at game speed now. lets go kick the ****ing steelers ass please so i can smirk at all these ****ing yinzers

They actually almost done EXACTLY that:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007102104/2007/REG7/patriots@dolphins#tab=recap

...but we have no weapons! haha i cant wait 2 hear the media eat sh*t this week lmao

btw get ur tix now....they're going fast! hahaha

Media wont eat anything... they'll just blame buffalo for sucking and the jets getting lucky because their defense is good.. Media never eats sh*t. they'll just pick apart the few things they did wrong.

Nah, being an internet racist is just what pussies do. I like to call said pussies on it.

Oh, the race card. Sweet. I cannot claim this as my own, since some else used it here before, but it is so appropriate when dealing with piss-ants like you. "Stick to being a homo -- it's what your good at".

Oh, the race card. Sweet. I cannot claim this as my own, since some else used it here before, but it is so appropriate when dealing with piss-ants like you. "Stick to being a homo -- it's what your good at".

haha! The entire discussion was about you making a comment about Lin and egg rolls, like a simpleton. So yeah, the race card, moron.

Media wont eat anything... they'll just blame buffalo for sucking and the jets getting lucky because their defense is good.. Media never eats sh*t. they'll just pick apart the few things they did wrong.

Exactly....

I hope this team plays with a chip on their collective shoulders all year.

Archived