Steelers@Broncos

Irish Jet

Yep. Their defense was superb last year and it looks like they haven't missed a beat. Must be nice to take a strong team and add the greatest QB of all-time to it, playing at about 80-90 % the level he was at his prime at 36 years old.

No kidding. There's a reason why, as much as they want to deny it, teams like the Jets and 49ers made some calls this offseason.

I hate that he's still in the AFC, because I absolutely love Peyton and watching him succeed. He should soak this up, because coming off of almost two years away from the game, having to relearn to throw (couldn't even throw a spiral for a while) and show up like this? Damned impressive.

Peyton and that no-huddle offense in mile high is going to be a hell of an advantage.

You're not kidding. And while during that pre-game interview Manning talked about having to learn the terminology and stuff for a new offense, clearly the Bronco's were smart enough to know that when you've got a guy like Peyton at your disposal, you work your offense around the one the guy built a HOF (and beyond) career working in.

Steelers at home coming off this loss will not be easy pickin's. Their defense is legit and they have offensive weapons despite the lack of an o-line. That win would really help though, b/c after seeing the 49ers beat the Pack in Green Bay, I'm no longer convinced that that is a win just because it's a 1PM game and they're flying east.

Steelers are never a good matchup coming off a loss, especially in their home opener. However, with harrison most likely out as well as mendenhall being banged up, couple that with a shaky and injured Oline and we could certainly be in line for a big win. Losing Ryan Clarke due to his Sickle Cell?? I beleive, hurts their defense, so it's going to be a good game regardless.

I think we'll see a handful of sacks against big ben, as he holds onto the ball a hell of a lot longer than the amish rifle and their quick slants. Should be a great opportunity for Coples, Wilkerson and co. to notch a few.

Anyone know the percentage of reviewed plays and how many were overturned?? After seeing the first couple of reviews stand with the official's call, you just got the feeling that no matter the call on the field, no review was going to overturn it.

And after further review, yup, turns out we were right!

You're not kidding. And while during that pre-game interview Manning talked about having to learn the terminology and stuff for a new offense, clearly the Bronco's were smart enough to know that when you've got a guy like Peyton at your disposal, you work your offense around the one the guy built a HOF (and beyond) career working in.

See, this is why John Fox is utterly underrated as a coach. Last year, he formed a nonstandard offense around Tebow, en route to a playoff victory. This year, he hands Peyton the keys and says "you've got this, I'll take care of the defense."

With so many stubborn coaches in the league who want to run THEIR system and refuse to adapt, he breaks the mold.

See, this is why John Fox is utterly underrated as a coach. Last year, he formed a nonstandard offense around Tebow, en route to a playoff victory. This year, he hands Peyton the keys and says "you've got this, I'll take care of the defense."

With so many stubborn coaches in the league who want to run THEIR system and refuse to adapt, he breaks the mold.

That's actually a very good point, although I think it's probably a lot easier to do for a guy like Manning than Tebow. At the very least, the guy is seriously in the conversation for GOAT. It didn't take very long for anyone paying attention to see it wasn't the Broncos' offense they were running, it was the Manning offense.

That's actually a very good point, although I think it's probably a lot easier to do for a guy like Manning than Tebow. At the very least, the guy is seriously in the conversation for GOAT. It didn't take very long for anyone paying attention to see it wasn't the Broncos' offense they were running, it was the Manning offense.

I don't think he's just in the conversation. I think he IS the GOAT. No QB in NFL history has ever been more cerebral and had the ability to execute to boot.

And this isn't just a reaction to last night's game, though it was pretty much a masterpiece. The way Peyton duped the Steelers (Polamalu in particular) in showing their hand on defense time after time was awesome. He did it to them twice on a 3rd & short late in the game when Polamalu kept rushing in on the line preparing to leap over the top like he does on occasion.

I don't think he's just in the conversation. I think he IS the GOAT. No QB in NFL history has ever been more cerebral and had the ability to execute to boot.

And this isn't just a reaction to last night's game, though it was pretty much a masterpiece. The way Peyton, duped the Steelers (Polamalu in particularly) in showing their hand on defense on time after time was awesome. He did it to them twice on a 3rd & short late in the game when Polamalu kept rushing in on the line preparing to leap over the top like he does on occasion.

I'm not going to argue with you there, that's why I said "at the very least". You know there's some people out there who'd disagree after all, so I figured I'd just avoid starting up any unnecessary arguments. Truth be told, there are very few non-Jets that I really give a crap about seeing do well, but Manning is so awesome to watch that I'm glad to see it looks like he really is back. Now, of course, if the Jets and Broncos end up facing off at any point, I'll be hoping to see Peyton get thoroughly embarrassed, but beyond that, can't help but kind of root for the guy.

Archived