Holmes: Jets putting the league on notice.

Villain The Foe

Video in the link.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060259/article/bart-scott-santonio-holmes-sound-off-after-jets-roll?module=HP11_content_stream

Fresh off a rewarding blowout victory, the New York Jets took the reserved approach in comments to the media Sunday.

Wait. Of course they didn't. Remember who we're talking about here?

Santonio Holmes told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kim Jones that the Jets "put the league on notice" after their 48-28 win over the Buffalo Bills.

Linebacker Bart Scott -- disgusted by how his team has been depicted in the press -- declared a "media mutiny."

"You guys treat us like we're a (bleeping) joke," Scott said, via USA Today. "You all want us to feed your papers, but then you all talk (bleep) about us. So why would I want to give you all quotes to sell papers with if you all treat us like (bleep)? That doesn't make sense.

"You all talk stuff about us, and then when we win, you flip the story. You all win either way."

Scott's frustration is humorous ... and understandable. It was just Tuesday that the New York Post had Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow dressed as circus clowns on its front page. The Jets don't look like such a joke after laying waste to the Bills.

With the Jets putting up more points than any other team in the league in week 1 maybe the rest of the league should take notice. Of course this wont happen every week, but to know that it could happen is something no one could have ever said about the Jets prior to this. With this Jet defense and the Jets offense playing the way we now know they can, they could certainly be superbowl contenders. Week 2 will tell us alot as we will face the Steelers, which by the way is beating Peyton and the broncos right now. I guess they're missing Tebow lol.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's completely true, glad Bart called them out on it. The media this offseason went beyond critical and to the point of mockery, culminating in the clown car cover. I hope they use that as fuel and play with a chip on their shoulder like the Pats did right after spygate. Like the Pats I hope they also can develop a killer instinct and not allow teams to get back in it. Show them who's the alpha and show it for 60 mins long, not 55 or 45 etc..

Edit: I wonder if Bart realizes the irony in is statement: he basically gave them the best quotes they could have asked for, which was the opposite of his intentions. He should have just said nothing if that's what he meant. Still enjoy what he said though.

It's completely true, glad Bart called them out on it. The media this offseason went beyond critical and to the point of mockery, culminating in the clown car cover. I hope they use that as fuel and play with a chip on their shoulder like the Pats did right after spygate. Like the Pats I hope they also can develop a killer instinct and not allow teams to get back in it. Show them who's the alpha and show it for 60 mins long, not 55 or 45 etc..

Edit: I wonder if Bart realizes the irony in is statement: he basically gave them the best quotes they could have asked for, which was the opposite of his intentions. He should have just said nothing if that's what he meant. Still enjoy what he said though.

Exactly. One week into the season, can't we hold off with the bulletin board material for just a little bit longer?

Exactly. One week into the season, can't we hold off with the bulletin board material for just a little bit longer?

Bulletin board material for who? Bart dissed the media, not anybody who'd be putting up his quotes on a bulletin board.

Bulletin board material for who? Bart dissed the media, not anybody who'd be putting up his quotes on a bulletin board.

media already hates us anyway, so it really dont matter...

I hate players talking sh*t like this, but this week it is well deserved. Now we need to back it up again next week and smack the steelers

Take Down Steely McBeam!

steely.jpg

Life would've been grand if Bart said none of this and just screamed "BIG TOP BITCH!" at the first question, at the top of his lungs.

Then we would've had 16-20 weeks of that, unlike the short lived "CAN'T WAIT!"

agreed

If you watch the video, it's really not as bad as the quote comes across as a headline. He basically says "we put the league on notice" as if to say "today we showed we aren't as bad as we looked in preseason". It's really not fueled by false arrogance, or the expected idiotic trash-talk we've gotten used to.

No big deal really.

Bart may want to work on his tackling rather than worrying about the media.

He looked like an ass on more than one occasion.

On Spillers long TD run, he went for the strip instead of the tackle, and he was the last real chance for a tackle there.

No problem with it this week. The sh*t this team had to put up with was ridiculous.

Agreed. I've never seen a team with this telnet and potential go from SB contenders to 8-8 to one the worst teams in the league faster than the media did with the Jets.

Really never made any sense to me but hey, it's only week 1.

I only hope that Santonio makes a smooth transition to being the team's #2 receiver.

I think it will be easier for him to take a secondary role to a guy like Hill than some of the others. One reason why NFL QBs sometimes have trouble being "the Man" is because they aren't the best athletes on the team the way they are in college and HS. It is kind of hard for Holmes to complain about a guy that is bigger and faster. That is part of why Keyshawn whined about Chrebet. Even the most immature jerkoff has to acknowledge 6'4" 4.2.

I only hope that Santonio makes a smooth transition to being the team's #2 receiver.

Oh yes, he runs his yap and Mr Hill catches the touchdowns. Can't wait for year two, when a few have said that Hill won't make any contribution until then. The boys looking good right out of the blocks.

He actually looks like he is. He had a good game yesterday too. Sanchez did over throw him 2 times, but he should have gotten that 2nd foot down for the TD right before half time.

I just finished watching the game and for the first time in like foreverI seen route running designed to open up other WR's. I've never seen Schotty design plays like that.

I always knew Sanchez was a good QB. I really hope he keeps it up, which I figure he would. Yesterday didnt seem like a fluke, he was quite confident and making the right reads (for a qb who doesnt read the field allegedly).

Today was a good day!

He actually looks like he is. He had a good game yesterday too. Sanchez did over throw him 2 times, but he should have gotten that 2nd foot down for the TD right before half time.

The funny thing is while that ended up being an incompletion, that was one of the throws that I loved seeing out of Sanchez the best. If Holmes doesn't feel the need to catch himself and put his hand down, that play is a TD and not only that, it was one of those instances where that ball needed to be placed absolutely perfectly and Sanchez put it in the exact right spot and not a moment too late. Those are the kind of plays that you see where plenty of guys (and, truth be told, Sanchez himself on a number of occasions in the past), hold onto the ball a second too long or place it a little off the mark and it can easily turn into an interception.

Well done Bart. But, we must beat the Steelers to validate Game 1. The nay-saying mediots who kept saying the Bills were all-improved last week, are not giving us any credit for this win. They're saying "Calm down, it's just the Bills."

Bunch of creeps!

The funny thing is while that ended up being an incompletion, that was one of the throws that I loved seeing out of Sanchez the best. If Holmes doesn't feel the need to catch himself and put his hand down, that play is a TD and not only that, it was one of those instances where that ball needed to be placed absolutely perfectly and Sanchez put it in the exact right spot and not a moment too late. Those are the kind of plays that you see where plenty of guys (and, truth be told, Sanchez himself on a number of occasions in the past), hold onto the ball a second too long or place it a little off the mark and it can easily turn into an interception.

He should have kept both hands on the ball and landed head-first for the TD. It's not like he could cause any damage by banging his noggin -- it might actually help.

I couldnt have said this better myself. We've seen instances where Sanchez have made these type of throws, however inconsistently. I believe we'll be seeing this more often as we continue to run a very good offense and he's protected. I knew this guy was a good QB. everyone touched the ball from the back up TE to the 4th option WR.

outside of 2 overthrown balls, which happens, and a bad INT you simply couldnt have asked for a better performance. Thats all I've asked from the Jets. Just put together a competent offense that can put up points and we can make it to the dance. putting up points will play into our defensive strengths which is our secondary.

I couldnt have said this better myself. We've seen instances where Sanchez have made these type of throws, however inconsistently. I believe we'll be seeing this more often as we continue to run a very good offense and he's protected. I knew this guy was a good QB. everyone touched the ball from the back up TE to the 4th option WR.

outside of 2 overthrown balls, which happens, and a bad INT you simply couldnt have asked for a better performance. Thats all I've asked from the Jets. Just put together a competent offense that can put up points and we can make it to the dance. putting up points will play into our defensive strengths which is our secondary.

Let's be honest, most people couldn't have been feeling too great after that INT, but even that was far more one of those moments of pure stupidity that you can't quite believe, yet see every QB have on occasion (Eli is infamous for them), than actually any sort of bad read. Beyond that, I don't think anyone, even his biggest detractors, have had anything negative to say about the game he's played. At this point, I think a lot of people are still cautiously optimistic, but that's not overly surprising given what this team has done to us in the past, but there's not a Jets fan out there (outside of the non-Jets-fan Tebow fans) who wouldn't be beyond thrilled if he keeps this up.

Let's be honest, most people couldn't have been feeling too great after that INT, but even that was far more one of those moments of pure stupidity that you can't quite believe, yet see every QB have on occasion (Eli is infamous for them), than actually any sort of bad read. Beyond that, I don't think anyone, even his biggest detractors, have had anything negative to say about the game he's played. At this point, I think a lot of people are still cautiously optimistic, but that's not overly surprising given what this team has done to us in the past, but there's not a Jets fan out there (outside of the non-Jets-fan Tebow fans) who wouldn't be beyond thrilled if he keeps this up.

True. Its the next day and I've calmed down some. It was still awesome to see, which I was actually able to do this morning (I love NFL game rewind). I tell you this, maybe it was because I was listening to the game on radio instead of actually watching it, but I wasnt overly down on the INT. I've got what I asked for which was a different OC and I just wanted to see what would develop in a game that we game planned for, but even I wasnt expecting 48 points, 34 coming from the offensive team. I was more in the realm of 27pts.

What I find funny is during preseason everyone was talking about all the upgrades that the Bills made on the defensive side, How they're going to seriously compete and possibly knock out the Jets for the #2 team in the AFC east....yet when we pounce on them on sunday then you got those same people saying "but it was just the bills".

I find that pretty suspect lol.

Archived