Holmes: Jets putting the league on notice.

Villain The Foe

Life would've been grand if Bart said none of this and just screamed "BIG TOP BITCH!" at the first question, at the top of his lungs.

Then we would've had 16-20 weeks of that, unlike the short lived "CAN'T WAIT!"

Bravo, this made me lol really loud thank you

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

outside of 2 overthrown balls, which happens, and a bad INT you simply couldnt have asked for a better performance. .

1 What about the fumble? Sanchez still carries the ball like a baguette.

2. Terrible time management on the 2 minute drill with no TOs. Sanchez had over 1 minute and let the clock wind down to 20 seconds by not clocking the ball. It didnt matter this game, but he should have left himself more shots at the EZ. Maybe the next time will be better. After 4 years it should.

3. Something happened with a TO before the 2 minute warning. Rex didnt look happy.

1 What about the fumble? Sanchez still carries the ball like a baguette.

2. Terrible time management on the 2 minute drill with no TOs. Sanchez had over 1 minute and let the clock wind down to 20 seconds by not clocking the ball. It didnt matter this game, but he should have left himself more shots at the EZ. Maybe the next time will be better. After 4 years it should.

3. Something happened with a TO before the 2 minute warning. Rex didnt look happy.

They got 7 plays in, in 1:30 with no times out. That was decent clock management, and they got a shot at the end zone.

but he should have gotten that 2nd foot down for the TD right before half time.

My goodness, being critical of that play is a little bit too much, no? The adjustment he made to even get his hands on it and have it that close of a play to being a catch was unreal. I mean, if it was called a TD on the field, which it could have been, they wouldnt have overturned it. It was that close.

The funny thing is while that ended up being an incompletion, that was one of the throws that I loved seeing out of Sanchez the best. If Holmes doesn't feel the need to catch himself and put his hand down, that play is a TD and not only that, it was one of those instances where that ball needed to be placed absolutely perfectly and Sanchez put it in the exact right spot and not a moment too late. Those are the kind of plays that you see where plenty of guys (and, truth be told, Sanchez himself on a number of occasions in the past), hold onto the ball a second too long or place it a little off the mark and it can easily turn into an interception.

He should have kept both hands on the ball and landed head-first for the TD. It's not like he could cause any damage by banging his noggin -- it might actually help.

You guys too? Unreal. The adjustment Holmes had to make that catch was incredible and it was a hair from being a TD.

That ball was late. Holmes made an incredible play to even get his hands on it.

What the Jets in general and Holmes and Scott in particualr need to understand is all the talk and media nonsense is meaningless. Win games, you will be celebrated, whether the media loves or hates you. Lose games and you suck.

And in Scott's case his mouth has exceeded his production for a while. Be quiet, Bart. He was awful last year.The Spiller run was not a biright shining moment SUnday. He didn't exactly dominate vs. the Bills either.

Worry less about the guys with recorders and pens and pads and more about the Steelers.

All the bullsh1t is just bullsh1t.

You guys too? Unreal. The adjustment Holmes had to make that catch was incredible and it was a hair from being a TD.

LMAO The ball was late?! Hahaha you are ridiculous man. It may not have been Holmes fault, I agree with you there because it was a tough play to make but that pass was perfect. It was a tight squeeze and they just missed it. Nobody is really to blame for that but to say it was late is unfair.

Let me get this straight: Holmes should have kept his hand up and been in bounds. Sanchez made another inexcusable INT. The kind that you can't recover from. Our RBs all suck. Our TE was invisible. Our defensive line was underwhelming and our LBs are fat, old and slow. Landry continues to try to blast people instead of wrapping up. Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, the wildcat sucked. Anything else? Imagine how good we can be if we didn't play so poorly. Remember this team has no margin for error. We have to play a perfect game to win.

Let me get this straight: Holmes should have kept his hand up and been in bounds. Sanchez made another inexcusable INT. The kind that you can't recover from. Our RBs all suck. Our TE was invisible. Our defensive line was underwhelming and our LBs are fat, old and slow. Landry continues to try to blast people instead of wrapping up. Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, the wildcat sucked. Anything else? Imagine how good we can be if we didn't play so poorly. Remember this team has no margin for error. We have to play a perfect game to win.

So you were watching on the Dominican network too?

LMAO The ball was late?! Hahaha you are ridiculous man. It may not have been Holmes fault, I agree with you there because it was a tough play to make but that pass was perfect. It was a tight squeeze and they just missed it. Nobody is really to blame for that but to say it was late is unfair.

How was the pass perfect if your WR is required to make an incredible acrobatic catch just to get his hands on it? lol

The ball was late. 100%. If it werent, Holmes would have had an easy TD. The placement was good because it was out and away from the 2 defenders who were in on the play but if the ball arrives a little earlier, we're not discussing the almost TD, we're talking about another TD pass from Sanchez.

Its nit picking, as it was a tight window on a tough play but these guys were acting like Holmes blew it because his hand came down first as if that was some routine type of catch he was trying to make. That is the ridiculous part of this conversation.

You left out:

Our fans stink. We cant sell out. We start fights, We leave early. We boo players before they even have a chance to perform.

How was the pass perfect if your WR is required to make an incredible acrobatic catch just to get his hands on it? lol

The ball was late. 100%. If it werent, Holmes would have had an easy TD. The placement was good because it was out and away from the 2 defenders who were in on the play but if the ball arrives a little earlier, we're not discussing the almost TD, we're talking about another TD pass from Sanchez.

Its nit picking, as it was a tight window on a tough play but these guys were acting like Holmes blew it because his hand came down first as if that was some routine type of catch he was trying to make. That is the ridiculous part of this conversation.

No I definitely don't think Holmes "blew it". When I was watching that I wasn't thinking that at all, I just thought wow he almost pulled that off. The fact that it was an acrobatic attempt doesn't necessarily mean that it was a late throw though man. I don't see where else that pass could have been placement wise or timing. It was just a close play where both of them needed to make outstanding plays and it was almost an awesome TD. I got a feeling we will see more of that play though because they have had great timing on that in the past.

I just can't place blame on either of them.

Yep - beautiful pass by Sanchez and vag move by Holmes.

Wow - you people are ridiculous.

No I definitely don't think Holmes "blew it". When I was watching that I wasn't thinking that at all, I just thought wow he almost pulled that off. The fact that it was an acrobatic attempt doesn't necessarily mean that it was a late throw though man. I don't see where else that pass could have been placement wise or timing. It was just a close play where both of them needed to make outstanding plays and it was almost an awesome TD. I got a feeling we will see more of that play though because they have had great timing on that in the past.

I just can't place blame on either of them.

Its not a big deal but the throw was a little late. If Sanchez threw the ball right out of his break on his 2nd move, it would have been an easy TD. It was a little late, which required the ball to be thrown out and away from the defender (like it needed to be) which forced Holmes to make an acrobatic catch.

I'm not knocking Sanchez, I'm just defending these people calling Holmes out for putting his hand down on what would have been an incredible catch.

Tough play for both players, not blaming one or the other. But if people are going to knock Holmes for trying to break his fall then lets not absolve Sanchez from being a little late on the pass. Thats all.

Wow - you people are ridiculous.

Its not a big deal but the throw was a little late. If Sanchez threw the ball right out of his break on his 2nd move, it would have been an easy TD. It was a little late, which required the ball to be thrown out and away from the defender (like it needed to be) which forced Holmes to make an acrobatic catch.

I'm not knocking Sanchez, I'm just defending these people calling Holmes out for putting his hand down on what would have been an incredible catch.

Tough play for both players, not blaming one or the other. But if people are going to knock Holmes for trying to break his fall then lets not absolve Sanchez from being a little late on the pass. Thats all.

Fair enough! Looking forward to seeing more of those routes this year because Sanchez seems to have decent touch on them. Would love to see a few fade routes with Hill also where Sanchez throws it up there and let's Hill go get it.

Fair enough! Looking forward to seeing more of those routes this year because Sanchez seems to have decent touch on them. Would love to see a few fade routes with Hill also where Sanchez throws it up there and let's Hill go get it.

The most encouraging aspect of the passing game from my perspective was the absence of Keller. I think the overall consensus was that Keller was going to need a monster season for Sanchez to be successful but he only had 1 catch and Sanchez I think completed passes to 8 different receivers. Very encouraging for our offense considering nobody knew who was going to catch the ball outside of Keller and he was only targeted once.

The other thing I really liked seeing was everything was down field. Very few passes to the sidelines at the LOS and not very many bail outs to the RB. Which was the staple of our offense for the last 5 years.

The other thing I really liked seeing was everything was down field. Very few passes to the sidelines at the LOS and not very many bail outs to the RB. Which was the staple of our offense for the last 5 years.

It's only one game, but completing 70% of his passes at 10 ypa is extremely encouraging. Holmes and Hill both averaged over 17 ypc.

Good stuff.

If Sanchez threw the ball right out of his break on his 2nd move, it would have been an easy TD. It was a little late, which required the ball to be thrown out and away from the defender (like it needed to be) which forced Holmes to make an acrobatic catch.

holmes.jpg

I looked at the play over again and Sanchez was late with his throw - actually a bit high with it too. I'm saying plenty of receivers would have wrapped the ball with the free arm and took the bounce. It's all instinctive - not saying Holmes is a lousy receiver just because he's a schlong as a person.

holmes.jpg

I looked at the play over again and Sanchez was late with his throw - actually a bit high with it too. I'm saying plenty of receivers would have wrapped the ball with the free arm and took the bounce. It's all instinctive - not saying Holmes is a lousy receiver just because he's a schlong as a person.

I think it was an incredible adjustment that he almost pulled off and its a little ridiculous to be giving the guy sh*t for putting his arm to down to break his fall. What if he didnt and landed awkward and broke his collar bone or separated his shoulder?

And I'm not making excuses for him, just defending what would have been one of the best catches on the year if his foot fell a half second sooner than his arm.

And FWIW, 90% of the WR's in the league dont even secure the ball let alone come down in bounds too.

Welker had to make a similar adjustment in the SB...and it wasnt a side line catch in the endzone and we know how that ended...

You kind of invalidated your own point by resorting to criticizing the throw while trying to completely dismiss the fact that Holmes, despite the throw, still had the TD if not for his own actions. You seriously need to get over your hard-on for Holmes already and try to be at least slightly objective. If you did, you'd realize nobody is particularly upset with him for the play, but rather pointing out it was extremely close to being another great play out of the Jets offense, but just barely didn't end up being so. All it would take is a slight difference and it would have been an awesome job by all parties involved, but it didn't happen.

I think it's just about time you make a decision as to whether Holmes' ability to make those type of catches justifies him being paid well beyond his production level, or whether he cannot dare to be expected to make those kind of catches, because it can't be both. The guy's a very good receiver for sure, but I hate to have to break it to you, he's far from infallible. sh*t happens, get over it.

You kind of invalidated your own point by resorting to criticizing the throw while trying to completely dismiss the fact that Holmes, despite the throw, still had the TD if not for his own actions. You seriously need to get over your hard-on for Holmes already and try to be at least slightly objective. If you did, you'd realize nobody is particularly upset with him for the play, but rather pointing out it was extremely close to being another great play out of the Jets offense, but just barely didn't end up being so. All it would take is a slight difference and it would have been an awesome job by all parties involved, but it didn't happen.

I think it's just about time you make a decision as to whether Holmes' ability to make those type of catches justifies him being paid well beyond his production level, or whether he cannot dare to be expected to make those kind of catches, because it can't be both. The guy's a very good receiver for sure, but I hate to have to break it to you, he's far from infallible. sh*t happens, get over it.

I dont even know what this means. lmfao.

You guys were giving him sh*t for not making what was an incredibly difficult play. The fact he was even able to make the adjustment and get his hands on it was astonishing enough but you're giving him sh*t for not having complete control of his body and not getting his foot down a half a second before his hand. I think thats pretty unjust. Doesnt matter who the player is...could have been Kerley, Keller or Hill...I'd still be defending the play. My guess is if it was one of them, you'd be gloating about how close they were but since it was Holmes, its a negative he didnt come down with it.

I think Holmes timed it wrong. His stride kicked his right foot up in the air and he immediately brought it down to tap the toe, but his hand touched first. NJ's photo is of him bringing his right foot down (rather than the stride taking it up) IMO. He just couldn't bring his leg down quick enough.

I dont even know what this means. lmfao.

You guys were giving him sh*t for not making what was an incredibly difficult play. The fact he was even able to make the adjustment and get his hands on it was astonishing enough but you're giving him sh*t for not having complete control of his body and not getting his foot down a half a second before his hand. I think thats pretty unjust. Doesnt matter who the player is...could have been Kerley, Keller or Hill...I'd still be defending the play. My guess is if it was one of them, you'd be gloating about how close they were but since it was Holmes, its a negative he didnt come down with it.

I wasn't giving him sh*t, I just pointed out the play as what was very close to be another great play, that's it. But you get so butthurt any time someone doesn't suck Holmes off even when he ALMOST makes a play that you can't see that. I mean it's "astonishing" that he didn't make the catch? Really? Give me a ****ing break.

I don't think any of this is unreasonable. There were some legit concerns to take away from that game, mostly minimal, but you have to take proportion into account considering who we were playing. That said, every team is usually dealing with similar housekeeping sh*t this early in the season, so it's fair to just attribute it to regular Week 1 stuff.

I think Holmes timed it wrong. His stride kicked his right foot up in the air and he immediately brought it down to tap the toe, but his hand touched first. NJ's photo is of him bringing his right foot down (rather than the stride taking it up) IMO. He just couldn't bring his leg down quick enough.

There's a gif of it floating around where they loop it over several times in slo mo, (posting from my phone, can't link it), it really just looks like both hit the ground at the same time and even if there's a slight difference it's way too minuscule to tell. Certainly not enough to overturn the call.

I don't think any of this is unreasonable. There were some legit concerns to take away from that game, mostly minimal, but you have to take proportion into account considering who we were playing. That said, every team is usually dealing with similar housekeeping sh*t this early in the season, so it's fair to just attribute it to regular Week 1 stuff.

Eh. I really didn't see many "legit concerns" in the way we played that game. The only reason any concerns are legit is to the extent we already had them and they weren't completely washed away. IMO that game was tremendous. It doesn't mean every game will be like that or that all our problems are solved, but complaining about the D line or Greene based on that performance is just searching for something to be negative about. I'm sure we'll have plenty to complain about after the Steelers.

Sanchez did over throw him 2 times, but he should have gotten that 2nd foot down for the TD right before half time.

The funny thing is while that ended up being an incompletion, that was one of the throws that I loved seeing out of Sanchez the best. If Holmes doesn't feel the need to catch himself and put his hand down, that play is a TD and not only that, it was one of those instances where that ball needed to be placed absolutely perfectly and Sanchez put it in the exact right spot and not a moment too late.

He should have kept both hands on the ball and landed head-first for the TD. It's not like he could cause any damage by banging his noggin -- it might actually help.

Sure looks like you guys were giving him sh*t. You even complimented Sanchez on the throw, which was late and a bit high. lmfao.

I wasn't giving him sh*t, I just pointed out the play as what was very close to be another great play, that's it. But you get so butthurt any time someone doesn't suck Holmes off even when he ALMOST makes a play that you can't see that. I mean it's "astonishing" that he didn't make the catch? Really? Give me a ****ing break.

I get butt hurt by stupidity, which you displayed on your assessment of the play.

<3 u

And FWIW, 90% of the WR's in the league dont even secure the ball let alone come down in bounds too.

Getting both feet down and in bounds is a practiced routine. I've seen plenty of guys wrap the ball and take the bounce.

Archived