Jets Easy Sked Will Give Them 11 Wins This Season

BlackDynamite

Jets have a VERY easy schedule, and it's MUCH easier than the Patriots

Every tough game the Jets have is followed by a cupcake, except for the SF/HOU home games.

The Pitt game is followed by the Dolphins

The first NE game is followed by the Dolphins at home

The game in Seattle is followed by the Rams

The 2nd NE game on Thanksgiving is followed by 10 days off and the Cardinals, in December, in New York

The Pats have an easy game next week with Arizona, then look at the next 5 weeks:

3 Sun, Sep 23

8:20 PM NBC Tickets 4 Sun, Sep 30

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 5 Sun, Oct 7

4:25 PM CBS Tickets 6 Sun, Oct 14

4:05 PM CBS Tickets 7 Sun, Oct 21

4:25 PM CBS

No sleigh rides there. The Bills beat The Past last year in Buffalo.

Plus The Past have the SF/HOU double in December.

Have fun with that!

BD

I've never gone in to a season so unsure about a Jets team before. I've talked to friends about this season and said I can honestly see them winning anywhere between six and twelve games. It's all going to come down to the O-line. If they protect Sanchez all season like they did yesterday, they'll be a twelve win team. If they get an injury or break down, it can get ugly.

I was pretty surprised by what I saw yesterday. I did not expect the offense to look that good.

That being said, I would like to see a few more weeks before I am ready to declare an 11 win season.

The first week in the NFL is often very hard to read, as teams don't have anything to truly gameplan off of.

After a few weeks of film, I think you start to get a better read on things.

It's also tough to say how bad the Bills are, vs. how good the Jets played yesterday.

Fitzpatrick was really terrible.

• 2 months later...

once Revis went down, all preseason predictions lost all validity. people will say what does 1 cornerback do for your chance of winning? I say he's the teams best player (by far) and the best defender in the NFL. you lose a guy like that it basically screws the season.

once Revis went down, all preseason predictions lost all validity. people will say what does 1 cornerback do for your chance of winning? I say he's the teams best player (by far) and the best defender in the NFL. you lose a guy like that it basically screws the season.

A team needs to learn how to win more than one way...it hurt losing Revis...but the team was not designed to compete at a high level even with Revis playing every snap.

OMG that is biggest BS i have ever heard.

Jets have a VERY easy schedule, and it's MUCH easier than the Patriots

Every tough game the Jets have is followed by a cupcake, except for the SF/HOU home games.

The Pitt game is followed by the Dolphins

The first NE game is followed by the Dolphins at home

The game in Seattle is followed by the Rams

The 2nd NE game on Thanksgiving is followed by 10 days off and the Cardinals, in December, in New York

The Pats have an easy game next week with Arizona, then look at the next 5 weeks:

3 Sun, Sep 23

8:20 PM NBC Tickets 4 Sun, Sep 30

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 5 Sun, Oct 7

4:25 PM CBS Tickets 6 Sun, Oct 14

4:05 PM CBS Tickets 7 Sun, Oct 21

4:25 PM CBS

No sleigh rides there. The Bills beat The Past last year in Buffalo.

Plus The Past have the SF/HOU double in December.

Have fun with that!

BD

I like your lounge threads better

I listened to Mike Tomlin's press conference while I was in Pittsburgh yesterday.

While some would characterize his demeanor as "dictatorial", I would actually describe it as refreshing, from what I hear from the jets.

You know what he said when a reporter asked him about all of the injury woes? "Excuses are the tool for the incompetent". I love it.

If the loss of Revis derails the Jets so much, after signing Cromartie for big money, after drafting Kyle Wilson with a first round pick, after spending money on new safeties this offseason, then Rex really is incompetent.

You know what he said when a reporter asked him about all of the injury woes? "Excuses are the tool for the incompetent". I love it.

yeah well he won't make excuses but they are gonna get tossed by baltimore this week, because of injuries. that's reality.

i'm not making excuses for Rex (and rex would never make excuses for himself)

but Revis was the difference between a mediocre D and a top 5 D. that's pretty much the fact (as the D was top 5 every other year he was healthy)

obviously the offense has been dysfunctional and a huge problem. But that was basically the one guy the Jets couldn't lose and still be a winning team.

even besides Revis and Holmes the injury list has been huge this year. Guys like Pouha, Ellis, Keller, McK, Powell, Hill, etc etc. at one point 4 of the 5 OL were on the report. Sanchez was on the report. the thing was like 25 players long. They were snake bit, and firing everyone doesn't change what happens when a team gets snake bit.

yeah well he won't make excuses but they are gonna get tossed by baltimore this week, because of injuries. that's reality.

but Revis was the difference between a mediocre D and a top 5 D. that's pretty much the fact (as the D was top 5 every other year he was healthy)

obviously the offense has been dysfunctional and a huge problem. But that was basically the one guy the Jets couldn't lose and still be a winning team.

even besides Revis and Holmes the injury list has been huge this year. Guys like Pouha, Ellis, Keller, McK, Powell, Hill, etc etc. at one point 4 of the 5 OL were on the report. Sanchez was on the report. the thing was like 25 players long. They were snake bit, and firing everyone doesn't change what happens when a team gets snake bit.

I saw a defense, that had Revis in it that was being gashed for huge yards on the ground. Small sample size, but that defense did not resemble one that would round out to top 5.

What a load of crap. This defense has actually looked better without Revis than it did with him. The guy is a great player, but his loss hasn't been anything close to unrecoverable, and it has nothing to do with the disastrous state this team is currently in.

Archived