It's only 1 game, but did any of us think that...

greeniemeanie

The 2012 New York Jets would currently lead the league in scoring and touchdowns

Rookie Stephen Hill is tied for the league lead in receiving touchdowns. Shonn Greene is #8 in rushing yards.

and little Nacho is ranked 6th amongst QB's, ahead of Brady, and leads the league in TD passes.

I know it's only one game, but it feels awfully good to be a Jets fan today.

So, what gives?

Did Mark turn the corner? Is Sparano the answer? What is Tebow's affect, if any?

I hope that the positive keeps on coming.

Yes, indeed. It is a good day to bleed green!

It's an incredibly small sample size, but it's nice to be on the right side of it.

Every year we never really get a good feel for the season until we're about 6 games into it. The prevailing opinion being that the Jets were going to suck this year is what makes this "Statement" Win, all that more enjoyable. I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but at least a day or two more, I am going to revel in the fact that everything is just fine in Jetnation.... if only, just for now.

He's actually ranked 2nd if you use ESPN's total QBR.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

The thing I like most while wiping my ass with all of these different QBR's is just looking at some of the individual numbers. Obviously Sanchez's comp % was well above his career average (although that's far from the first time for that), but what was most interesting is that this was the second best YPA from Sanchez in his career, behind only his first playoff game in Cincy his rookie year (in which he threw a grand total of 15 passes). For an area that he had seen a sharp decline throughout the first three years of his career, that's a fantastically pleasant surprise.

This was like watching the 1998 Jets offense all over again. They were well prepared. They had great playcalling. They played to their strengths and exposed the other teams weaknesses. No comments by the assistant coaches before or after the game to tip off our gameplan or shoot off their mouths (well except Santonio). No trying to fit square pegs into round holes by the OC. After Schitty and Hackett it is a big relief to see what a real offense looks like.

Archived