Ok, just to recap.......

Section 333

amazing where this thread has gone. im a bit concerned though, if i have never seen one, then my kids may not be mine.

ahhh, the interwebs are a slippery slope...

As for the tebow hate, just take a step back and relax. he is a jet and we should support him. If not, you will be as bad as some of these Tebow homers that are now on the bandwagon. Its all good, we just kicked the pants off of the bills, big division win. we dont know how much time or attention the bills paid to the wildcat this week in preparing for the Jets. It may actually influence how teams prepare for us as Rex has said.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok once again, all fair points from you. However I dont get the puffed out meat head comment, I didnt threaten or bully anyone. By the way, thanks for agreeing on Greene. I find joy when others share my opinion. And am insulted when they do not. But in all seriousness I would like to ask you a question. Do you truthfully believe Tebow is a positive for this team? I shouldnt let it bother me as much as I do, but I cant seem to shake this pissed off feeling that we have Tebow.

I didnt call YOU a meat head... just that people like to act like puffed out meat heads at times.... it was more of a general calling everyone a puffed out meathead. :-D

My feelings on Teblow (and Sanchize cause it goes together)

I did not like the trade. Why? Because Ive always believed Sanchize is a decent QB who has flashes of brilliance. He is never going to be a great QB, but good enough to win us some games himself. I think last year he was hung out to dry in the latter part of the season and took too much grief for what transpired. At the beginning of the year he was a God to many fans. There were detractors who kept telling us he sucks. And when the season fell apart, it was full-on that it was all Sanchizes fault.

So... coming into this offseason, I felt we had a LOT of areas that needed improvement before QB. Like RB, WR, O-line and D-Line and LB's. I didnt feel Tanny did enough to get people for these positions, and instead went and got the most polarizing player in football- Tim Teblows. for a draft pick. The draft pick doesnt mean much to me, but trading for this guy... to me it smelled of Woody Johnson pulling the strings because the Giants won the Super Bowl again (last time we got Favre) and his sh*t ass stadium isnt sold out. I really believe this was about getting attention for the Jets and getting the fans on board and selling tickets.

Now.. all offseason all I've been told is Teblow is a complementary guy- not going to take over as QB. But I couldnt believe it. And listening all offseason about how much better he is at throwing.. blah blah blah... I just didnt have confidence in the player or coaching staff to do the right thing. I still believe if Sanchize falls on his face over the next few weeks they will be calling for his head and for Teblow behind center like we saw last year in Denver.

Now... the season is upon us. I was very down heading into the game sunday. I didnt know what they had planned, but I was sure it was going to be a debacle with Sanchize and Teblow. I was prepared for the backlash and stupidity from it. And then? The game started. I cheered on Teblow. I made comments to others how he was doing things well and taking pressure off Sanchize and confusing the D. And then? We won. We kicked ass. We looked like a better than average team. And I felt good.

So... Do I like Teblow on the Jets? Jury is out so far with me. I think he does add a different dimension to our offense and Im excited to see what happens. I dont think he is going to hurt Sanchize at all. But, for me, no matter what, Im still going to cheer for him and the rest of the laundry sunday afternoon.

Tim Tebow stinks and belongs either on Jacksonville, or buried in the free agent pool. Yes Tebow is on my team, but don't any of you ever, ever, ever, question my fandom, ever! because i chose to boo a bad situation!!!! I boo Mike T, I Boo Woody J, I boo taking out Sanchez. How dare Mike T and Woody J make a circus of my team. And how dare any of you justify it. If I want to boo I have the right, and think I have plenty of reason. Secondly , Shonn Green is a change of pace back, who can grind the clock during the 4th quarter with a lead. And how dare any of you try to tell me Greene is anything but an average at best back. There Ive said my peace on the 2 apparent " controversial " topics. And am ready to move on to the game against the Steelers. And I will hold my Boos at the 49er game unless Tebow blows the game. And then if I do, it wont be booing Tebow the man or player. It is booing the Mike T , and Woody J.

I appreciate your opinion and your desire to set the record straight. However couldn't you have done it (at least for the Tebow discussion) in thread you started, as opposed creating a whole new tread about the same thing....

I didnt call YOU a meat head... just that people like to act like puffed out meat heads at times.... it was more of a general calling everyone a puffed out meathead. :-D

My feelings on Teblow (and Sanchize cause it goes together)

I did not like the trade. Why? Because Ive always believed Sanchize is a decent QB who has flashes of brilliance. He is never going to be a great QB, but good enough to win us some games himself. I think last year he was hung out to dry in the latter part of the season and took too much grief for what transpired. At the beginning of the year he was a God to many fans. There were detractors who kept telling us he sucks. And when the season fell apart, it was full-on that it was all Sanchizes fault.

So... coming into this offseason, I felt we had a LOT of areas that needed improvement before QB. Like RB, WR, O-line and D-Line and LB's. I didnt feel Tanny did enough to get people for these positions, and instead went and got the most polarizing player in football- Tim Teblows. for a draft pick. The draft pick doesnt mean much to me, but trading for this guy... to me it smelled of Woody Johnson pulling the strings because the Giants won the Super Bowl again (last time we got Favre) and his sh*t ass stadium isnt sold out. I really believe this was about getting attention for the Jets and getting the fans on board and selling tickets.

Now.. all offseason all I've been told is Teblow is a complementary guy- not going to take over as QB. But I couldnt believe it. And listening all offseason about how much better he is at throwing.. blah blah blah... I just didnt have confidence in the player or coaching staff to do the right thing. I still believe if Sanchize falls on his face over the next few weeks they will be calling for his head and for Teblow behind center like we saw last year in Denver.

Now... the season is upon us. I was very down heading into the game sunday. I didnt know what they had planned, but I was sure it was going to be a debacle with Sanchize and Teblow. I was prepared for the backlash and stupidity from it. And then? The game started. I cheered on Teblow. I made comments to others how he was doing things well and taking pressure off Sanchize and confusing the D. And then? We won. We kicked ass. We looked like a better than average team. And I felt good.

So... Do I like Teblow on the Jets? Jury is out so far with me. I think he does add a different dimension to our offense and Im excited to see what happens. I dont think he is going to hurt Sanchize at all. But, for me, no matter what, Im still going to cheer for him and the rest of the laundry sunday afternoon.

sounds good

I appreciate your opinion and your desire to set the record straight. However couldn't you have done it (at least for the Tebow discussion) in thread you started, as opposed creating a whole new tread about the same thing....

well I guess i could have..........but then I wouldnt have been able to name the thread " just to recap"

Section 333 - I think Tebow had a positive effect on the game. He added a dash of excitement, hustled, and picked up a few yards. What is wrong with that, it's not like he has a 10 million a year contract.

If I were Tebow I would love my current role, let Rex and Sanchez have all the pressure, be 25 and have fun in NY while you can, it won't last forever. Highly recommend dropping the virginity thing though.

Also - I personally don't think Tebow sucks. What sucks is that he is so damn inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like he is destined for greatness, and other times you wonder what the hell he is thinking. Trust me, it's just as maddening for Tebow fans as it is for Section triple 3 guys

Also - I personally don't think Tebow sucks. What sucks is that he is so damn inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like he is destined for greatness, and other times you wonder what the hell he is thinking. Trust me, it's just as maddening for Tebow fans as it is for Section triple 3 guys

Wow, u are taking shots at where I sit. Now thats over the line.

Archived