Anyone see NFL's Power Rankings this week? New York Tebow

hoping4ASuperBowl

The Bills dropped 8 spots to #28 with this commentary:

Chan Gailey says don't hit the panic button. OK. Hit the panic button. Last week in this space, a colleague of mine in this business predicted an 11-5 mark for the 2012 Bills. This week, via random text, he waffled ...

"My prediction did not account for RB F. Jackson (knee), WR D. Nelson (ACL), or R. Fitzpatrick (sucks)."

Only Bills fans.

The Bills dropped 8 spots to #28 with this commentary:

Chan Gailey says don't hit the panic button. OK. Hit the panic button. Last week in this space, a colleague of mine in this business predicted an 11-5 mark for the 2012 Bills. This week, via random text, he waffled ...

"My prediction did not account for RB F. Jackson (knee), WR D. Nelson (ACL), or R. Pickspatrick (sucks)."

Only Bills fans.

Fixed

Quick question: How does the NFL experts place any 0-1 team ahead of a 1-0 team...I thought there were no style points in losing in the NFL or any league.....just saying.

What's the sense of a "power rating" if it's only based on won-loss records? We have one of those already. It's called the standings. The most important power rating of all.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09/13/oops-jets-renamed-ny-tebow-on-official-nfl-website/

nfl-com-tebow-power-ranking.jpg?w=300

(credit: NFL.com)

Filed under

Jets, NFL, Radio.com - Sports, Sports, Syndicated Sports

Related tags

Mark Sanchez, New York Jets, NFL, NFL.com, Power Rankings, Tebowmania, Tim Tebow, Week 1

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – With just five carries for 11 yards and no passing attempts, backup quarterback Tim Tebow didn’t do much on the field Sunday. Instead, it was starter Mark Sanchez who stole the show.

But according to NFL.com’s weekly power rankings, the rising New York Jets are now the New York “Tebow.”

Published — and updated! — two days after the Jets’ impressive Week 1 win over Buffalo, the power rankings feature every team’s proper name. That is, except the so-called circus in Florham Park, the “Tebow,” which landed six spots up from last week at No. 13.

What could have been meant as a joke, the”Tebow” franchise was still visible on NFL.com as of Thursday morning. What’s better? The Jets backup quarterback isn’t even mentioned in the pro-Green blurb.

If Sanchez continues to play well and Tebow doesn’t sniff the playing time many expected, perhaps the Jets should consider making the new moniker official. Tebow may want to part ways with New York this offseason if he doesn’t end up with a prominent role, according to the New York Daily News.

“I think he will be a good soldier,” a league source told the paper. “At the end of the year, I think he will express those concerns to the Jets. He will want to move on. The one thing about Tebow is he is the quintessential team player. He would never do anything that is going to undermine the team. But he’s football-aholic. It’s in his blood.”

NY Tebow — sound good, Jets fans? What would the jersey look like? Sound off in the comments below…

What's the sense of a "power rating" if it's only based on won-loss records? We have one of those already. It's called the standings. The most important power rating of all.

yes i get that but its just odd to me that 0-1 teams are ranked higher than 1-0 teams...based on what? that they lost with grace and style....?

yes i get that but its just odd to me that 0-1 teams are ranked higher than 1-0 teams...based on what? that they lost with grace and style....?

Mostly it's based on the simple fact that it is more impressive to lose to the Broncos or Bears then it is to beat the Seahawks or Jags. The idea of a power ranking is to determine what would happen if these teams played head to head. Do you doubt that the Steelers or Packers would beat the Cards?

Mostly it's based on the simple fact that it is more impressive to lose to the Broncos or Bears then it is to beat the Seahawks or Jags. The idea of a power ranking is to determine what would happen if these teams played head to head. Do you doubt that the Steelers or Packers would beat the Cards?

You cannot quantify it that way, I can see using the last two or three years as a measuring "stick" of sorts and then say well past performance is an indication of this teams potential for today's status until proven otherwise. So If I do use this thought process, one can say the steeler or the packers "should" beat the Cards. But, the reality is the Giants lost to the Cowboys, but in this case the cowboys are ahead the Giants....I highly doubt that the cowboys are better than last years SB winner. and that the chiefs are better than the jets who we have beaten last year. See what I am saying. I think a fair way to do this would be to list all of the winning teams in rank order and then the losing teams in rank order following all the winners I think thats a fair way to do it, not this mish mash of subjective thought.

You cannot quantify it that way, I can see using the last two or three years as a measuring "stick" of sorts and then say well past performance is an indication of this teams potential for today's status until proven otherwise. So If I do use this thought process, one can say the steeler or the packers "should" beat the Cards. But, the reality is the Giants lost to the Cowboys, but in this case the cowboys are ahead the Giants....I highly doubt that the cowboys are better than last years SB winner. and that the chiefs are better than the jets who we have beaten last year. See what I am saying. I think a fair way to do this would be to list all of the winning teams in rank order and then the losing teams in rank order following all the winners I think thats a fair way to do it, not this mish mash of subjective thought.

\

I don't think you understand "power rankings". It's one guy's opinion. It isn't "until proven otherwise" and if it were it would be incredibly dull. This guy thinks this is how the teams rate and it is based on whatever he wants. If you don't agree, make your own power rankings. I will be glad to critique them. :)

For what it's worth, the Jets are rated six spots higher than the Chiefs. Not sure who you meant there. Why can't the Cowboys be better than the Giants? The Giants were 9-7 and the Cowboys 8-8. It's not like the Super Bowl champs were dominant in 2011. The Giants also lost Jacobs, Manningham and Ballard. Their O line and secondary remain in flux.

Your love of the head to head is almost comical. The Giants lost to the Packers at Met Life and then beat them up them at Lambeau in the playoffs. The Redskins absolutely sucked in 2011, but they handled the Giants in 2011. Twice. It's not like the Giants were in a lull either. The 'skins beat them week 1 and I think week 15. Were the Redskins better than the Giants? This isn't college where these teams won't get a bowl game, it's the land of make believe where people try to guess future performance so they can say "Told ya so!"

\

I don't think you understand "power rankings". It's one guy's opinion. It isn't "until proven otherwise" and if it were it would be incredibly dull. This guy thinks this is how the teams rate and it is based on whatever he wants. If you don't agree, make your own power rankings. I will be glad to critique them. :)

For what it's worth, the Jets are rated six spots higher than the Chiefs. Not sure who you meant there. Why can't the Cowboys be better than the Giants? The Giants were 9-7 and the Cowboys 8-8. It's not like the Super Bowl champs were dominant in 2011. The Giants also lost Jacobs, Manningham and Ballard. Their O line and secondary remain in flux.

Your love of the head to head is almost comical. The Giants lost to the Packers at Met Life and then beat them up them at Lambeau in the playoffs. The Redskins absolutely sucked in 2011, but they handled the Giants in 2011. Twice. It's not like the Giants were in a lull either. The 'skins beat them week 1 and I think week 15. Were the Redskins better than the Giants? This isn't college where these teams won't get a bowl game, it's the land of make believe where people try to guess future performance so they can say "Told ya so!"

In the end, what I am saying is this guys power ranking sucks the big one...do you understand me now?

BREAKING NEWS

New York, NY - The National Football League admits it has a man crush on Tebow and has decided to rename the New York Jets the New York Tebows. When asked to comment, Rex Ryan states "I always knew they had some gay boys up there. I'll be back, I am getting a f'ing Powerbar." In other news, only the dweebs at the NFL.com find the TEBOW reference within their power rankings funny.

Damn that's funky..

What is it that Tebow has done to deserve this kind of treatment from the media? Play hard, produce better results than his skills would indicate, be a stand up guy with the media? I don't get it. It is really getting old.

Do you think if he was a really good QB, they would trash him?

Do you think if he was a really good QB, they would trash him?

they have been trashing Tebow since 2005 when he started at UF. The *trashing* turned into death threats when they were in the middle of 22 consecutive wins.. He had a 170.79 PER and broke Herschel Walkers rushing record that year.. so yeah, he will be getting trashed his entire career..

they have been trashing Tebow since 2005 when he started at UF. The *trashing* turned into death threats when they were in the middle of 22 consecutive wins.. He had a 170.79 PER and broke Herschel Walkers rushing record that year.. so yeah, he will be getting trashed his entire career..

Not all truth here but some:

Tim Tebow was still playing High School Football in 2005. He joined the Gators in 06 and he was not the starter till 07.

The death threats came at LSU in 07 his sophomore year the game right after a loss to Auburn at home. The 22 win streak came after a loss to Ole Miss when Tebow gave the "speech" which didnt happen till his Junior year in 08.

The 170.9 is true, he's the most efficient passer in the history of the SEC.

Not sure what Walker record you're referring too. However, he was the first player ever to rush 20 TD's and throw for 20 TD's in NCAA history.

Tim Tebow was still playing High School Football in 2005. He joined the Gators in 06 and he was not the starter till 07.

The death threats came at LSU in 07 his sophomore year the game right after a loss to Auburn at home. The 22 win streak came after a loss to Ole Miss when Tebow gave the "speech" which didnt happen till his Junior year in 08.

Not sure what Walker record you're referring too. However, he was the first player ever to rush 20 TD's and throw for 20 TD's in NCAA history.

Jeez, sounds like you like Tebow and stuff.

Not sure what Walker record you're referring too. However, he was the first player ever to rush for (more than)20 TD's and throw for (more than) 20 TD's in NCAA history.

fixed it

Herschel Walker had the SEC rushing TD record.. TT broke it against Georgia in the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail party.

yeah, I messed the numbers up.. sry.

Being trash talked is a way of life for Tebow.. but having watched him a while, seems like he feeds on it...LOL.

(besides I try not to remember every detail, I much prefer discussion (arguing) using vague elusive innuendo, keeps me alert defending myself..)

Archived