***OFFICIAL WEEK TWO JETS VS. STEELERS PREDICTION THREAD***

T0mShane

I had a whole work up ready to go where it would be psychologically beneficial for the Jets if Revis couldn't play. But now it looks like he is playing, so I need to come up with some other magic way the Jets can win this one.

It's possible that the Steelers aren't that good. Their OL looks bad, and their defense is looking their age. The Jets will hit Big Ben. The question is whether their offense can do damage against the Steelers defense. Sanchez isn't Peyton Manning just yet, alhough after one week he's closer to that ideal than Tom Brady. :)

Steelers have the edge being by at home and pissed off, while the Jets are probably basking in another SuperBowl-like glow because they beat the Bills after every media outlet in the country had them unable to score on my nephew's PAL team.

Jets lose a violent game, 20-16.

Jets 27

Steelers 17

This IS the final score. I borrowed Marty Mcfly's sports score book from the future. I'm telling ya. This is what happens.

Holmes 8 catches for 124 yds and two td's. Stephen Hill 1 TD and two Folk fg's.

There will also be a guy who is carrying too many drinks and snacks and when he carries it all back to his seats and hands everyone in his party their goods, it's his drink that falls to the ground and spills everywhere. The sad part is his selfish friends won't give him a sip of their drink because of s recent sore he had on his lip. And the Knish is oh so dry... soooooo dry. :(

It's all in Marty Mcfly's book.

1Q

Last week Steel Curtain looked more like mosquito netting , Troy P seemed like the only one that showed up to play.

By the time LeBeau figures out where Tebow is lining up, Sanchez has connected with Hill and Holmes for two TDs.

The discombobulation keeps Ben Rapesburger and the Pitts marvelous 4thQ offense out of the endzone except for a late 2Q score.

During half time, they run a special on Tebow and the JETS, focusing on the different tones the boos make and if it

might be a signal to start the second coming. They finish the segment with a spin off song based on Elton John's Benny and the Jets, aptly entitled Tebow and teh Clowns.

With a halftime score of 14-3 Jets, the Steelers come out swinging and Ben stabs one right to Darelle Revis on their 26 yd line, a pick six.

Early in the 4th Q, despite a poor showing since half, Mark spins one out to of all people, Tebow, lined up in the slot, who powers his

way into the end zone for TD 4.

Late game heroics can't save the Steelers this time, and a promising drive turns into a FG.

Amazing clairvoyance... ty ty..

Steelers arent losing their home opener after getting embarrassed on national TV by crippled QB who hasnt played a game in almost 2 years.

Jets will put up a fight in what will be a heavy hitting contest. I see this being an ugly, defensive standoff, with not a lot of scoring, action or big plays. The Jets have won 1 game in the history of their franchise in the state of Pennsylvania and unfortunately, #2 isnt coming this weekend.

Steelers - 17

Jets - 10

Really there's no reason for the passing game to be worse than in week 1. Yeah he's Peyton Manning, but he's 36 and hadn't seen meaningful action in a year and a half and with a new team arguably just had a better game vs Pittsburgh than Sanchez has ever had against anyone. So I don't think much of their defense until I see them shut down someone. They still have some ballers on D, but as a group they're old and slow.

Pittsburgh doesn't have any CJ Spillers capable of those quick, giant gains on the ground. To compound things, their OL is total dogsh*t. Couple of really good receivers and a super TE. Miller may put up better than normal numbers but that shouldn't be enough. I don't think we'll get 4 turnovers against them but we should get a couple.

If Revis plays and is 100% (or 80% of Revis), and if Sanchez gets a couple of get out of jail free cards with fumbles/interceptions like against Buffalo, Jets should win comfortably. Like 24-13 (or 24-20 with Pittsburgh getting the last, meaningless score of the game while we're in prevent). If we don't get do-over's with a fumble and a pick it'll be very close and could go either way.

Really there's no reason for the passing game to be worse than in week 1. Yeah he's Peyton Manning, but he's 36 and hadn't seen meaningful action in a year and a half and with a new team arguably just had a better game vs Pittsburgh than Sanchez has ever had against anyone. So I don't think much of their defense until I see them shut down someone. They still have some ballers on D, but as a group they're old and slow.

Pittsburgh doesn't have any CJ Spillers capable of those quick, giant gains on the ground. To compound things, their OL is total dogsh*t. Couple of really good receivers and a super TE. Miller may put up better than normal numbers but that shouldn't be enough. I don't think we'll get 4 turnovers against them but we should get a couple.

If Revis plays and is 100% (or 80% of Revis), and if Sanchez gets a couple of get out of jail free cards with fumbles/interceptions like against Buffalo, Jets should win comfortably. Like 24-13 (or 24-20 with Pittsburgh getting the last, meaningless score of the game while we're in prevent). If we don't get do-over's with a fumble and a pick it'll be very close and could go either way.

The reality is, the Jets actually match up well.

Steelers OL vs. Jets DL - advantage Jets. Their OL is all sorts of banged up and not very good to begin with. The Jets should be able to control the LOS, stop the run and even get some shots at Big Ben

Steelers WR's vs. Jets Secondary - advantage Jets. Revis takes Wallace out of the game. Cro can handle Brown. The test will be Wilson on Sanders. And I'm sure Miller will get all sorts of different match ups.

Jets OL vs. Steelers front 7 - really a wash IMO. Hampton isnt the dominate player he once was and he's matching up vs. the best interior line man in the league in Mangold. Is Harrison playing? I dunno...but the Jets handle Anderson, Williams and Dareus with ease. I really dont see why they cant handle Hood, Keisel and Hampton in a similar fashion while keeping an eye on what Lebeau is doing with the LB'ers.

Jets WR vs. Steelers secondary - a wash again IMO. But this all depends on Sanchez. If he plays well again, our WR's can have their way with the secondary. No doubt. But thats dependent on Sanchez's presnap reads. If he can find the blitz and handle the pressure the way he did vs. the Bills, I dont really see why the passing game should suffer.

Both run games are mediocre even though both teams pride themselves on establishing the run. Dwyer's probably the only RB that will see a significant amount of carries who's not a complete plodder but he's not CJ Spiller either.

The game could come down to ST's, which I think the Jets have the advantage but if it comes down to Folk kicking meaningful late game kicks, I'll be nervous as 3 Rivers is a tough place for kickers.

All that said, I just dont see the Steelers losing their home opener. This is going to be a game we all look back on and say, man, they should have won that game....but they wont.

Archived