Revis - Out For Sunday [Merged 2X]

THE ILK

Is this a trustworthy account? ESPN isn't so reliable. A little more than 1/2 and hour ago the Washington Post posted an AP piece saying he had gone through some drills in practice (ones he didn't do earlier in the week) and they were still uncertain. DId the team issue a statement?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/jets-cb-revis-does-some-team-drills-still-uncertain-vs-steelers-te-keller-not-at-practice/2012/09/14/aaa4aa04-fe8e-11e1-98c6-ec0a0a93f8eb_story.html

Confirmed: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/14/nfl-week-2-injuries-darrelle-revis/70000364/1#.UFN3fq4pm9s

New York Jets all-pro CB Darrelle Revis has been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers as he continues to recover from the "mild concussion" he suffered in Week 1. Tough blow for the Jets and Revis, a Western Pennsylvania native. Kyle Wilson will take his spot in the starting lineup. Steelers OLB James Harrison (knee surgery) is doubtful to make his 2012 debut.

It is what it is. While Bart Scott should be forced to spoon feed Revis until his is ready to play, injuries are part of the game. Hope he has a speedy recovery because there are flat out certain packages that we run that rely on him being in the game. To that note, I think Rex schemes up some sh*t from back in his Baltimore days.

i support the team doctors taking care with the team's best player. It's week 2 not the Super Bowl.

The team doctors didn't do anything. Revis failed his test. That's why he's out. If it was the SB and he failed the test he'd still be out. This isn't a knee sprain. They have set procedures in place for concussions now.

Pass the test = play, fail the test = sit.

Jets “All-Pro” cornerback Darrelle Revis will be out for the matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers due to a “mild” concussion suffered in his last game against the Buffalo Bills.  While there had been optimism that Revis would be cleared to play under the NFL’s head injury protocol it is now being reported the concussion will prevent him from attending Sunday’s game:

Darrelle Revis (concussion) has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Steelers.

Revis was cleared to run around with teammates during some 11-on-11 drills at Friday’s practice, but he hasn’t gotten the go-ahead to face contact and will not make the trip to the Steel City.

Source: Roto-World 

The Jets will need defensive backs Kyle Wilson, Ellis Lankster and Isaiah Trufant to step up against the Steelers talented wide receiving core.  Rookie DB Josh Bush may see some extra playing time since he was both a cornerback and safety during his college career. 

Look for the Jets defense to provide more “over the top” safety-help to the cornerbacks without Revis and his “lockdown” ability. 

In all honesty, I am glad that they have the current Concussion system in place. I remember when some other players suffered MULTIPLE concussions in the same game. No one cared then...now we see older players suffering from dimensia. Long term its best for Revis, Short term the Jets will need to be creative to shield Wilson from being targeted all day. I think we still have a good shot BUT we need the defense to step it up even more. Losing Revis is losing the anchor of your D. Now I am sure they go with a Man Zone with even more safety help. Maybe they go more of that Nickle look they had last week. The three WRs that Pittsburg has are really good. I still think we win since it looks like Polamalu and Harrison are out as well. Demario Davis looks like he will step in instead of Thomas who is out.

Let's Go Jets!

The team doctors didn't do anything. Revis failed his test. That's why he's out. If it was the SB and he failed the test he'd still be out. This isn't a knee sprain. They have set procedures in place for concussions now.

Pass the test = play, fail the test = sit.

I wonder if there are people who can't pass the test, who've never had a concussion ?

I studied for a drug test all night once, and failed it..

This. Wilson on Brown scaresthesh*touttame!

On the flip side, the steel curtain will be missing some fabric, so our new juggernaut offense should handle business.

I wish i really believed that. Doom and gloom

Yeah I am not big on Kyle wilson one on one with any receivers

Guys, relax. Wilson will have the sideline as his friend. Remember that his success at Boise State came when he covered wr's along the sideline...he was not a slot corner. I think he will be fine. He just has to be aware of the ball. Too often he had his back to the ball and could not adjust. I would expect safety help on Wilson's side.

I think Wilson will be fine. I think, while we do lose Revis, they have lost Harrison and Polamalu. Those two cause problems ...their replacements not so much. Pittsburgh should be worried about that Swiss cheese O-Line. They looked horrible.

Archived