Chad's shoulder is a OK

afosomf

I'm really beginning to think the Jets are operating under the assumption that Chad will be healthy come next year. Any hopes of taking a QB in the first round aren't realistic IMO. Maybe 3rd rd or later but there will be no Leinart or Quinn (if he comes out)

A positive he has better range of motion than my mother who fractured her shoulder two months ago

The guy brings spirit you can not deny him that-people that are good people you want to see do well so here is hoping he can make it all the way back to his Marshall days

Hahahahaaa. Based on yesterday's game game Bolly has earned the backup, if not the outright starting job!

bolly has earned a backup position with his playing at home now if he can do the same on the road he'll get a starting position.

Passer rating at home 96.5 (nice)

Passer rating AWAY 44.2 (not so nice)

What the hell is all the sudden love for Brady freakin Quinn? The kid had done nothing but fail misreabliy until this season and now after 1 good, not great, season, he's the superstar next year's Heisman? Give me a freakin break. Great, good for him he's set a couple of ND records, yes, and look at the teams he's done it against and how many times he's thrown the damn ball.

Give me a break. ND couldn't beat Michigan State.

ND will be hammered by OSU.

What the hell is all the sudden love for Brady freakin Quinn? The kid had done nothing but fail misreabliy until this season and now after 1 good, not great, season, he's the superstar next year's Heisman? Give me a freakin break.

This coming from a guy who said Nugent was the greatest thing since sliced bread and worthy of a 2nd round pick. :shock:

Hey 124, do you know that Nuggie has exactly ONE friggn' touchback out of 47 kickoffs?

Where is that "cannon" leg that you said he had last April? :shock:

What the hell is all the sudden love for Brady freakin Quinn? The kid had done nothing but fail misreabliy until this season and now after 1 good, not great, season, he's the superstar next year's Heisman? Give me a freakin break. Great, good for him he's set a couple of ND records, yes, and look at the teams he's done it against and how many times he's thrown the damn ball.

Sounds like Carson Palmer in college.

He sucks, don't he?

Bolly is playing for the # 3 spot next year. BACKUP spot is the MOST he can hope for.

There is not one single thing Bolly can do at this point to win consideration for the starting job next year.

Even if he wins out. The most he can hope for is to be viewed as a # 2.

Give me a break. ND couldn't beat Michigan State.

ND will be hammered by OSU.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Quinn is now beginning to play how he was expected. A late bloomer so to speak. Should people have gone nuts when Steve Young became a HOF type QB after years of mediocrity with TB and on the SF bench? Just because a guy takes a little longer to develop does not mean he isn't a good player.

It also helps Quinn that he developed while running a pro style offense under one of the best NFL OCs this generation. You may have some personal feelings against Quinn/ND but face it, the guy has finally lived up to his potential and as a result his stock has risen. It happens.

I was telling you guys about this place I play that Woody's daughter would go to.In fact she was there with some friends the night of the SD playoff game last year.This guy she hangs with got into an accident and the Jets paid for his 4 month hospitalization and operation.

He's a big Jets fan like us and he told me that Chad INSISTED he was allright and that he could play this year.He said that they said it was HIS choice NOT the doctors.Well my friend told me that this time it'll be a different story THEY will make the decision NOT Chad.

Kinda puts a different perspective on things.

Hey 124, do you know that Nuggie has exactly ONE friggn' touchback out of 47 kickoffs?

Where is that "cannon" leg that you said he had last April? :shock:

I read some stuff in the local papers last week that Westoff has Nugent using directional kickoffs, instead of just booming them. That, plus using the different ball the NFL uses for kickoffs, has cut down on his range of kickoff distance.

I read some stuff in the local papers last week that Westoff has Nugent using directional kickoffs, instead of just booming them. That, plus using the different ball the NFL uses for kickoffs, has cut down on his range of kickoff distance.

I agree with you the the "K-ball" has hurt Nugent's kickoffs. I read somewhere where the K-ball will take off 10-12 yards from a regular ball.

I disagree with all that "directional" kick-off crap. Most return teams have one deep returner (not two). The wedge is then formed where the deep returner (right, left, middle) catches the ball.

So it means diddly-squat if it is a right, middle or left return.

Just another excuse from the Jets to justify Nugents poor kick-offs.

I agree with you the the "K-ball" has hurt Nugent's kickoffs. I read somewhere where the K-ball will take off 10-12 yards from a regular ball.

I disagree with all that "directional" kick-off crap. Most return teams have one deep returner (not two). The wedge is then formed where the deep returner (right, left, middle) catches the ball.

No doubt the NFL fears the touchback. Nothing exciting about that.

But anyone check out Janikowski's kickoffs on Sunday? Plus the size of his ass? (that is not a homo thing but that boy is large).

Anyhow one of his kickoffs barely passed the 20. The wind didn't seem bad. Maybe it is a Meadowlands thing?

TX-I think the directional kick-off unit plays more in how the coverage unit sets up its, than how the return team is set-up. They are trying to eliminate certain parts of a field for a return

TX-I think the directional kick-off unit plays more in how the coverage unit sets up its, than how the return team is set-up. They are trying to eliminate certain parts of a field for a return

I hear you Dierk, but I fail to see the advantage.

What difference does it make if it is a return right, left or up the gut?

Archived