***Official New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

greeniemeanie

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see some of those catches the WR's on Pitt made ? No way in Hell Holmes does that, just no way. They make tough catches all over the field. The catch Brown made when Landry destroyed him would have been droped 10 out of 10 times by Holmes.

5th round talent.

+1.

Those kind of plays change the momentum of the game.

sometimes one play does change the momentum. But when you allow a 10 minute drive after the drops not much you can do. The entire team played poorly today. We will be back next week. Like I said in the beginning of the year Im still terrified everytime we receive a punt. Kerley is just too damn shakey back there.

He's a pussy who gets paid like a number one wide receiver when his size and play matches that of a slot receiver. If you start Kerley over Holmes I'll doubt you'd see a drop in play.

Yeah but slot re3ceivers have to make tough catches amongst the LB's and take some big hits. Its why they all have concussions like Welker and Chrebet can you see Pussy hands making those tough catches ? He dropped every contested pass today. Every single one

Sanchez targetted Holmes 10 times with 2 receptions. Awful game by Sanchez and receivers.

I thought Holmes was the best player on the offense today. He did get PI calls (one of which was totally bogus) and was open for a second score and Sanchez totally missed him. The drops/lack of receptions per target he has are bad but thats always been an issue with him and it was the one reservation I had with signing him. In hindsight its a bad marriage because when you have a WR like that you need a more accurate QB to maximize the receivers opportunities, but I do think Holmes gets more grief that he deserves (at least in terms of talent evaluation). Sanchez needs a guy like a Hakeem Nicks that can just make plays on a few passes, good and bad, thrown his way. Holmes doesnt get open enough for a guy like Sanchez. Edwards was a better fit than Holmes for Sanchez.

I thought Holmes was the best player on the offense today. He did get PI calls (one of which was totally bogus) and was open for a second score and Sanchez totally missed him. The drops/lack of receptions per target he has are bad but thats always been an issue with him and it was the one reservation I had with signing him. In hindsight its a bad marriage because when you have a WR like that you need a more accurate QB to maximize the receivers opportunities, but I do think Holmes gets more grief that he deserves (at least in terms of talent evaluation). Sanchez needs a guy like a Hakeem Nicks that can just make plays on a few passes, good and bad, thrown his way. Holmes doesnt get open enough for a guy like Sanchez. Edwards was a better fit than Holmes for Sanchez.

This doesnt make any sense. Hey the drops suck, but thats Holmes for you. Catch the ball genius.

Archived