2 timeouts 1:30 left in the first half

Matt39

Who's responsibily for tackling? and who's in charge of the D? and how many times last year we had the same story bro? Raiders, Giants, Bronco's and now add the Steelers to the list. I know its easier to blame Sanchez..... in my book 8 of 14 3rd down conversions allowed speeks VOLUMES!

Shall I repeat the question?

Here you go:

Tell me what "corrective action by the HC (in game strategy)" should be made to counter the lack of tackling after he'd already repeatedly put them in the perfect spot to make these plays?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny you mention this. Did you see the play where Brady avoided the sack yesterday and the defender kind of slid off of him but then Brady went down anyway? That guy is such a pussy its not funny.

Brady, Manning, Brees - the 3 sure fire HOF'ers in the league will literally fall over and take a sack before trying to elude a defender and extend the play and risk a strip sack or INT.

I honestly think the Jets against any other team in the league look dominate yesterday. Big Ben is just that hard to take down. Even Vick or RGIII would have gone down on some of those misses. Cam Newton, well, he's a big bitch...he probably could have broke some of those but those guys tuck it and run before looking down field which is preferable for a defense. Which is why Big Ben is who he is.

Who's responsibily for tackling? and who's in charge of the D? and how many times last year we had the same story bro? Raiders, Giants, Bronco's and now add the Steelers to the list. I know its easier to blame Sanchez..... in my book 8 of 14 3rd down conversions allowed speeks VOLUMES!

Here you go:

He did capitalize "volumes."

Here you go:

Ok try this one on for size.....STOP BLITZING ON THIRD DOWN. That's 1 and 2, USE TEBOW SOMEWHERE SO PITT HAD TO ACCOUNT FOR HIS PRESENCE ON THE FIELD maybe just maybe that could have been a difference but heck we will never know....should I LIST SOMEMORE?

Ok try this one on for size.....STOP BLITZING ON THIRD DOWN. That's 1 and 2, USE TEBOW SOMEWHERE SO PITT HAD TO ACCOUNT FOR HIS PRESENCE ON THE FIELD maybe just maybe that could have been a difference but heck we will never know....should I LIST SOMEMORE?

And I know you guys are going to say...But blitzing is what Rex does.....duh!

I asked that if tackles are not being made, despite players repeatedly being in the perfect position to make the tackles, what in-game strategy should have been made to overcome that on defense?

And your answer is put Tebow in there somewhere?

I asked that if tackles are not being made, despite players repeatedly being in the perfect position to make the tackles, what in-game strategy should have been made to overcome that on defense?

More Tebow is always the answer. Just remember what Woody said.

Forget it.....

This is what happens to a coach when, no matter how much confidence you tell reporters you have in him, you're scared sh*tless your QB is going to throw a pick 6.

He could have tried 1 play and if it was a near-disaster then take a knee. They have a fear of doing even that and didn't want to risk losing the moral victory of only losing by 3 at halftime.

congratulations on trying to turn this into a Sanchez Issue. The same guy that lit it up last week and led us on a 90 yard TD drive in the first quarter with no turnovers nothing close to a TO really. What reason this year does Rex have not to trust his QB ? or is pussy just engrained in his head ? Rex talks tough but coaches like a kitten probably the reason why our Blitzing over the past three years has dropped as well and why his vaunted defense cant stop a nose bleed on 3rd down.

Rex Ryan sent a clear message to his team going into the locker room "Im a Pussy" 1:17 2 time outs at the 35 yard line you at least try a few throws, they dont have to be deep, couple of ten yard outs. Like BG said if they are not there you throw the ball away or even attack the middle of the field since you have 2 time outs to burn.

congratulations on trying to turn this into a Sanchez Issue. The same guy that lit it up last week and led us on a 90 yard TD drive in the first quarter with no turnovers nothing close to a TO really. What reason this year does Rex have not to trust his QB ? or is pussy just engrained in his head ? Rex talks tough but coaches like a kitten probably the reason why our Blitzing over the past three years has dropped as well and why his vaunted defense cant stop a nose bleed on 3rd down.

Rex Ryan sent a clear message to his team going into the locker room "Im a Pussy" 1:17 2 time outs at the 35 yard line you at least try a few throws, they dont have to be deep, couple of ten yard outs. Like BG said if they are not there you throw the ball away or even attack the middle of the field since you have 2 time outs to burn.

bbbbbut Sanchez was sacked in a game two years ago on the same field!

Come on man, your pinning this on Sanchez are you ****en kidding me? how many drops were there? and how many 3rd down conversions did the genious Rex and his D gave up? you have two time outs and there's a minute left and you do that...your ****ed from that point forward.

Agree. Sanchez wasn't great, but he did put the ball where it needed to be a number of times and the receivers didn't make the catches. Killing drives over and over, and in some cases costing us points.

Execution of fundamentals is really why we lost this game.

The defense was behind the line of scrimmage early, but couldn't sack Ben. Then later, they were able to wrap up ball-carriers but not tackle them. So many missed tackles as the game wore on.

The offense started fine, but the WRs were not catching balls that hit them in the hands, and there were a couple plays (like the 3rd Tebow play, handed off to Greene) that got blown up because of guys missing their blocking assignments. By the end of the game the drops, broken route (from Holmes) and missed blocks had opened the door to the old Sanchez who stares down his receivers, but that was more cause and effect than it used to be. Sanchez started where he left off versus Buffalo. The parts around him failed.

Smash thanks for the voice of reason and logic......

This is one of my favorite all-time posts from you.

Agree. Sanchez wasn't great, but he did put the ball where it needed to be a number of times and the receivers didn't make the catches. Killing drives over and over, and in some cases costing us points.

Execution of fundamentals is really why we lost this game.

The defense was behind the line of scrimmage early, but couldn't sack Ben. Then later, they were able to wrap up ball-carriers but not tackle them. So many missed tackles as the game wore on.

The offense started fine, but the WRs were not catching balls that hit them in the hands, and there were a couple plays (like the 3rd Tebow play, handed off to Greene) that got blown up because of guys missing their blocking assignments. By the end of the game the drops, broken route (from Holmes) and missed blocks had opened the door to the old Sanchez who stares down his receivers, but that was more cause and effect than it used to be. Sanchez started where he left off versus Buffalo. The parts around him failed.

YES!!!!

It doesn't bespeak the CS having much confidence in #6.

This is one of my favorite all-time posts from you.

thanks OP that series was an absolute victory for the Steelers and pumped them up in the locker room during half time. I would bet my house Tomlin was all over that sh*t in the locker room

Also cant lose sight of the fact the Steelers defense really stepped up this game with their 2 best players Injured. They deserve a ton of credit as well.

apparently not...

its amazing how so many people have forgotten football is a team game. Its not all about the qb

Never mind bro...I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore. I havent mentioned Sanchez once in this thread.

I know you like Rex, but 8 of 14 dude.....come on bro!

Rex is clearly a horrible defensive coach.

It doesn't bespeak the CS having much confidence in #6.

Coaching staff ? This was 100 % Rex's call and no one elses. If he does not trust his QB after what Sanchez showed in the first 5 quarters of this season then hes an Idiot and will continue to ruin this kid to the point of no return. This bullsh*t has to stop and we need to start playing winning football by acting like winners not losers. That one series emboldened the Steelers and played a big part in ending that football game.

Coaching staff ? This was 100 % Rex's call and no one elses. If he does not trust his QB after what Sanchez showed in the first 5 quarters of this season then hes an Idiot and will continue to ruin this kid to the point of no return. This bullsh*t has to stop and we need to start playing winning football by acting like winners not losers. That one series emboldened the Steelers and played a big part in ending that football game.

Serious questions, can this be spun into....3 points is no big deal, we'll get them after half? Just curious...because in a way, that shows confidence in your offense that a 3 point deficit at the half doesnt scare you.

Serious questions, can this be spun into....3 points is no big deal, we'll get them after half? Just curious...because in a way, that shows confidence in your offense that a 3 point defecate at the half doesnt scare you.

If it does not scare you, then why not show that right then and there?

Serious questions, can this be spun into....3 points is no big deal, we'll get them after half? Just curious...because in a way, that shows confidence in your offense that a 3 point deficit at the half doesnt scare you.

ok now that Ive picked myself up off the floor and my gut hurts Im still not sure i can help you here bud :) .

All I know is if Im Mike Tomlin Im telling my team these guys are playing scared and have NO CONFIDENCE and pumping up my defense even more.

The Jets routinely choose to do nothing with 1-2 minutes left in the first half. it's infuriating. you're playing in Pittsburgh, there's no such thing as time to waste. I get clock management and being smart, but the Jets actively choose not to do anything in that situation all the time. be aggressive in this case.

ok now that Ive picked myself up off the floor and my gut hurts Im still not sure i can help you here bud :) .

All I know is if Im Mike Tomlin Im telling my team these guys are playing scared and have NO CONFIDENCE and pumping up my defense even more.

I think this begs for a new forum on JN - The What Smashmouth Would Tell His Players If He Was (insert coach's name) In Various Specific Situations forum.

That way, we'd have that info handy for future reference.

Archived